Suspension and brake install complete

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suspension and brake install complete

Well over the past summer i Have been trying to complete my suspension and braking system in order have everything ready for my engine swap next summer...

what was in the car:
    GC coilovers
    Koni Adjustables
    Spraco STB

What was installed:
    IE M3 swaybars kit
    Custom M3 style weld on front swaybar tabs
    Aluminium control arms
    GC camber caster plates
    Powerflex urathane CA bushings
    '95 M3 steering rack
    GC rear shock mounts
    TMS rear shock tower reinforcements
    Bimmerworld rear camber toe eccentrics
    Powerflex Urathane subframe mounts
    Reinforced trainling arms
    Movit front brake kit (993 turbo calipers 322mm rotors)
    Movit rear brake kit (BoxsterS calipers 299mm rotors)
    Custom SS lines
    Custom Rear hubs

whats left to do:
    25mm master
    Perportioning valve
    solid steering guibo

i have pics but i have no place to host them if anyone would like to host them for me be my guest and drop me a PM... The handeling is amazing as well as the braking... the car stops in a dime even with out the 25mm master they were worth every penny... the bars are very well matched to the coilovers from GC and they work well together to keep body roll to a minimum... the rack made a huge difference and i feel was the best mod out of the group improving steering feel and responsiveness... the car feels solid and tight with out being bone jarring... i highly recomend this setup in every aspect... the car feels and handels great even with somewhat mild settings
    e30sport.net
    '15 Porsche GT3 - 7-speed PDK - Daily Driver
    '86 325es - s54b32tu - 6-speed - Mtech 1
    '89 325is - m20b25 - 5-speed - Individual

sounds sweet !! Get some pics up. What plans do you have for your motor swap again?
    www.applepics.com is a free service for pic hosting

Comment

If you send them to me I'll host them for you.
      m3 @ avusm3 . com

"Modern cars may be able to outgun it, but few can match its character, its motorsport spirit, and the way it plasters a huge grin on your face at any speed." - Patrick George

1988 M3 - Track Rat
      1989 325iC M50 Vert
      1989 325i Coupe
      1991 318is
      1995 318ti Club Sport
      2006 330i e90
      2008 Tundra Crewmax

Comment

That's one awesome sounding setup. If you don't mind me asking, what did the movit kit cost you?

Also, what is custom about the rear hubs?
        -Brandon
        '86 325es S50
        '12 VW GTI Autobahn DSG
        '03 540i M-Sport (sold)
        '08 Jeep SRT-8 (sold)

For sale:
        S50 TMS chip for Schricks

Comment

Originally posted by Beej '86 325es
          That's one awesome sounding setup. If you don't mind me asking, what did the movit kit cost you?

the Movit kits are expensive and ill leave it at that... i would go through the swedish dealer to get them though... the guys name is Per and he is a great guy and bent over backwards for me... i tryed via the US distributer and the guy was an ass

the rear hubs bad to be modified to hell to get the ebrake to still work with the Movit rear kit ... nothing performance wise but since i put over 30 hours into just geting the ebrake to work im considering it a mod

ill get those pics out to ya
          e30sport.net

Comment

Wow sounds great - There is an Aussie distributor for Movit brakes that is pretty good.

What mods were needed to make the handbrake work?
            Signature removed by R3VLimited staff due to a violation of the signature rules

Comment

Originally posted by schmick325
              Wow sounds great - There is an Aussie distributor for Movit brakes that is pretty good.

the problem is that the drum on the inside of the rear rotors is significantly bigger than that stock e30 rotors so you have to do everything possable to get the pads to contack the rotor.... you pretty much have to make custom mounts poilnts for the ebrake on the hub to get it out to a wider rotor
              e30sport.net

Comment

sounds like a ton of work.

well done.
                98 M3/4/5

Comment

Originally posted by BeirBrennerE30

the problem is that the drum on the inside of the rear rotors is significantly bigger than that stock e30 rotors so you have to do everything possable to get the pads to contack the rotor.... you pretty much have to make custom mounts poilnts for the ebrake on the hub to get it out to a wider rotor
                  Yikes, the e-brake system is a pain in the ass as-is.

Sounds like a friggin awesome setup. You've gotta come to a meet one of these days so I can check out your car.

You're doing an S50, right?
                  '91 318is
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Beej '86 325es

the Movit kits are expensive and ill leave it at that... i would go through the swedish dealer to get them though... the guys name is Per and he is a great guy and bent over backwards for me... i tryed via the US distributer and the guy was an ass

the rear hubs bad to be modified to hell to get the ebrake to still work with the Movit rear kit ... nothing performance wise but since i put over 30 hours into just geting the ebrake to work im considering it a mod

ill get those pics out to ya

That is a bit rank from a high end kit like MOVIT to not use a correctly sized hat for the rear so the eBrake still works.
                    It's not like it is a hard thing to do.

Would it not have been alot easier/cheaper to get a rear hat made that fitted correctly??

Did you use bigger dia shoes (hopefully) or just space out the stock ones??
                    292rwhp E30 :D

Comment

Originally posted by Brew

Yikes, the e-brake system is a pain in the ass as-is.

Sounds like a friggin awesome setup. You've gotta come to a meet one of these days so I can check out your car.

You're doing an S50, right?
                      I know... i had some car troubles up until now that prevented me from going to a lot of gatherings this summer and im really pissed about that... next summer i will attend more after my s50 goes in... the sad part is the new engine should take less time and effort than the brakes... oh well

as for the ebrake... teh rear rotor is one piece unlike the front and from the best i could tell was probably a porsche rear rotor from probably a boxster... i went to the local porsche dealershit and took a look at some pictures of the boxster ebrake system and from the looks of it it would be totally out of the question to retrofit into an e30(it probably could be done but i didnt want to invest anymore time to figureing it out... maybe some other day)...i talked to the local BMW dealership and Turner as well and the best option was replace my old ebrake system with new one and modify it so it contacted as much of the drum as possable when fully engaged... so this si what i did... the pads were spaced out and modified with a lil grinding and finageling it works better than before... im happy with it but like you said the better solution would probably be to get the boxster ebrake in there buti just was running out of time
                      e30sport.net

Comment

I'd like your old suspension :) Is it still around?

Comment

Originally posted by TimmyBigHands
                          I'd like your old suspension :) Is it still around?
                          what old suspension??? stock swaybars, control arms, brakes ,steering rack etc.??? the only aftermarket stuff that was taken off the car were the GC spring hats and they are worthless without the kit...

also... i dunno what to do about these pics... aol wont let me email them to anyone and that applepics says its a fatal error when i try and upload them.... i hate computers... anyone have any ideas how to get them up on r3v??? this is also why i have had the same sig pic for over a year now
                          e30sport.net

Comment

here are some pics... i have more from under the car but uploading is taking forever and im tired... ill get to them later

e30sport.net

Comment

That setup looks amazing.
                              I hope I can have something like that in couple o' months too.
                              ~ Go Canucks Go! ~

Comment

Working...
                              X