No announcement yet.

Suspension Recomendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you feel you want to go a different route, I have a set of Bilstein Sports for sale. Let me know.

Good job there Kris, helps make deciding easier. I know I wish I had that in mind!
    Reminiscing...

Comment

What would the correct offset be then?

Mystikal,

Ok, so what would be the correct offset for a 15x7 rim if I do not want to have to roll the fenders?

Also, I asked what else would need to be purchased to deal with the increased negative camber? Or is it not really that much of an issue?[/quote]
      BimmerheadBri
      '86 325 (eta)

Comment

ET20 would be perfect
        Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Thanks Nando

Thanks Nando.

Any idea on camber adjusments needed with the cup kit?
          BimmerheadBri
          '86 325 (eta)

Comment

Tim,
            I just love the ride quality of my B+G's. They are far more drop than I anticipated, but I have very few scrapes. The ass end is higher than the front, so there is quite a bit of rake, so you would not need the extra pads.

I do TONS of freeway miles, typically 2000 or more a month. Since I am OLD (by most members idea of old) at 41, my idea of ride Q may be different than yours, but I have ridden in Jordans' car. It has excellent ride, but too stiff for my back to tolerate well for long. My car has too much body roll for my taste, but I am gonna do some high end sway bars at some point, probably Quickor or Suspension Techniques if not Ireland Engeneering.

I run a 16X7 with a 205/50. I have needed to roll my fenders for quite a while, and it shows. Bummer news, just do it now and save the hassle.

Luke

Closing SOON!
            "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

Originally posted by nando
              ET20 would be perfect
              I sorta disagree, running 225's on those would be very tight with the fender. If you want to use 205's this will be fine, but I'd go with closer to ET25 for proper clearance for better rubber.

Comment

yeah, he didn't specify what tire width though, I was assuming 205s (on a 7" wide wheel, that make sense).
                Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Might as well leave your options open, no? ;)

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikal
                    I sorta disagree, running 225's on those would be very tight with the fender. If you want to use 205's this will be fine, but I'd go with closer to ET25 for proper clearance for better rubber.
                    THAT'S what I am looking for. 225's so an ET25 would work. Sorry for the continuous questioning, but can you fit 225's on a 15x7? Or do I need to go more?

Thanks.
                    BimmerheadBri
                    '86 325 (eta)

Comment

yes, you can run 225s on a 7" wheel
                      BEERTECH

Comment

Working...
                      X