new toy :twisted:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jordan
    The correct plate bolts up using factory hardware Dan.
    thats what I heard too, but guess what, they dont, at least not on my car, and I did not have the factory hardware, so I had to improvise
    Dan

Comment

Even if you did or didnt have factory hardware, it looks like a job well done. Better safe than sorry I always say.

Comment

peters car r0xers.

Comment

Originally posted by bwanac
          peters car r0xers.
          its coo
          Dan

Comment

Originally posted by DanGillan
            thats what I heard too, but guess what, they dont, at least not on my car, and I did not have the factory hardware, so I had to improvise
            the correct plate bolts right up with no modification necessary(im on my 2nd plate)... and that plate looks like the prefacelift plate to me...
            e30sport.net
            '15 Porsche GT3 - 7-speed PDK - Daily Driver
            '86 325es - s54b32tu - 6-speed - Mtech 1
            '89 325is - m20b25 - 5-speed - Individual

Comment

Originally posted by BeirBrennerE30
              Originally posted by DanGillan
              the correct plate bolts right up with no modification necessary(im on my 2nd plate)... and that plate looks like the prefacelift plate to me...
              idk... whatever, whatever works, i drilled, welded, its all good ;)
              Dan

Comment

Originally posted by spencers
                Even if you did or didnt have factory hardware, it looks like a job well done. Better safe than sorry I always say.
                :P

Comment

:P
                  you got it my man
                  Dan

Comment

well.... i used to have about like 4 or 5 inches of clearance from the ground for my oil pan, my custom mount for the plate drops the plate an inch lower than normal, and the plate hangs down an inch, so i have about 2 or 3 inches of clearance from the ground to the plate. It was sweet on friday when i hit a dip at the bottom of an onramp that's a hill going about 80 and i see sparks coming out the back, knowing its not anything important, this thing is PIMP!!!

hopefully no leaky fuel lines, haha.
                    Dan

Comment

If you come around another, please send it my way.
                      Reminiscing...

Comment

Originally posted by M42Tecknik
                        If you come around another, please send it my way.
                        will do, but not that cheap 8)
                        Dan

Comment

Rad.
                          '91 318is
                          sigpic

Comment

well.... i used to have about like 4 or 5 inches of clearance from the ground for my oil pan, my custom mount for the plate drops the plate an inch lower than normal, and the plate hangs down an inch, so i have about 2 or 3 inches of clearance from the ground to the plate. It was sweet on friday when i hit a dip at the bottom of an onramp that's a hill going about 80 and i see sparks coming out the back, knowing its not anything important, this thing is PIMP!!!
                            that has got to be the dumbest, most irresponsible thing I have ever heard! I think it would be cool to see your car hang in a crack in the road, rip the front end off, and watch your car crash, now that woukd be pimp!!!! nothing like loosing 3 or more inches of ground clearance for a really heavy piece of junk on the front of your car. but glad to hear you like it

Comment

Originally posted by mikeedler
                              that has got to be the dumbest, most irresponsible thing I have ever heard! I think it would be cool to see your car hang in a crack in the road, rip the front end off, and watch your car crash, now that woukd be pimp!!!! nothing like loosing 3 or more inches of ground clearance for a really heavy piece of junk on the front of your car. but glad to hear you like it
                              how do you figure, it protects the front undercarrige with no ill effect to it, or the car.... i fail to see the irresponsibleness of the situation.... just jealous.... ;)
                              Dan

Comment

I will have one on my car. Common sense isn't going to save you from every single thing that could pop up on the road.

I'd rather have one and not need it than need it and not have one.

Comment

Working...
                                X