Can someone school me on Aluminium block 6's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why people still use obd1 over obd2 for “simplicity” is beyond me. If anything obd2 is easier to troubleshoot because it actually tells you what’s broken. Not to mention the sensors on an obd2 are far superior to obd1, so your engine will last longer cause it doesn’t richen up at high temps like an obd1 system.

As for area under the curve not making a difference in racing I’d have to disagree.
    I recently swapped in a motor with vvt into a track only Miata and even though the motor is the same displacement and has worse flow than the non vvt in the top end, the extra 10hp at 4500-5000 makes it a couple seconds faster per lap than with the non vvt motor.

Comment

Originally posted by pandaboo911 View Post
      Why people still use obd1 over obd2 for “simplicity” is beyond me. If anything obd2 is easier to troubleshoot because it actually tells you what’s broken. Not to mention the sensors on an obd2 are far superior to obd1, so your engine will last longer cause it doesn’t richen up at high temps like an obd1 system.

As for area under the curve not making a difference in racing I’d have to disagree.
      I recently swapped in a motor with vvt into a track only Miata and even though the motor is the same displacement and has worse flow than the non vvt in the top end, the extra 10hp at 4500-5000 makes it a couple seconds faster per lap than with the non vvt motor.

It’s simpler when you don’t have to do any change to any electronics since the car already had a obd1 setup and m50 powerplant

Context matters;
      OBD1 M54/M52TU swap as a M50b25

Z4 non powered steering rack fits e30

Euro e46 2005/6 320d 6mt gearbox into E30 with M20 hardy and beck 1985 327s engine

Comment

Working...
      X