Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Your favorite religious or political quote.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The World is like a ride in an amusement park, and when you choose to go on it you think it's real, because that's how powerful our minds are. And the ride goes up and down and round and round, and it has thrills and chills and is very brightly colored, and it's very loud. And it's fun, for a while.

Some people have been on the ride for a long time, and they've begun to question, 'Is this real, or is this just a ride?', and other people have remembered, and they've come back to us and they say 'Hey, don't worry. Don't be afraid, ever, because this is just a ride.' and we KILL THOSE PEOPLE.

"Shut him up! We have alot invested in this ride! SHUT HIM UP! Look at my furrows of worry. Look at my big bank account, and my family. This just has to be real."

It's just a ride.

But we always kill those good guys who try and tell us that. You ever noticed that? And let the demons run amok. But it doesn't matter, because ... It's just a ride.

And we can change it anytime we want. It's only a choice. No effort, no work, no job, no savings of money. A choice, right now, between fear and love. The eyes of fear wants you to put bigger locks on your door, buy guns, close yourself off. The eyes of love, instead see all of us as one.

Here's what we can do to change the world right now, to a better ride:

Take all that money we spent on weapons and defense each year and instead spend it feeding, clothing, and educating the poor of the world, which it would many times over, not one human being excluded, and WE CAN EXPLORE SPACE, TOGETHER, BOTH INNER AND OUTER, forever ... in peace.

-- Bill Hicks (1961 - 1994)

Comment

''Does this guy ever shutup?''
      - Tony Abbott

Australia is currently in an election campaign, this was said to Labor leader Kevin Rudd at a live debate in front of the public and on national television. Australian politics at its best!!
      - 86' 325i SOLD
      - 90 318is

Comment

Barack Hussein Obama junior Senator

"The President does not have power under the Constitution to unilaterally authorize a military attack in a situation that does not involve stopping an actual or imminent threat to the nation"
        “There is nothing government can give you that it hasn’t taken from you in the first place”
        Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Doubt is not a pleasant condition, but certainty is absurd.

—Voltaire

global warming 97% consensus anyone?
          “There is nothing government can give you that it hasn’t taken from you in the first place”
          Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

"Tout homme sensé, tout homme de bien, doit avoir la secte chrétienne en horreur."

Every sensible man, every honorable man, must hold the Christian sect in horror.

"Ne peut-on pas remonter jusqu’à ces anciens scélérats, fondateurs illustres de la superstition et du fanatisme, qui, les premiers, ont pris le couteau sur l’autel pour faire des victimes de ceux qui refusaient d’etre leurs disciples?"

May we not return to those scoundrels of old, the illustrious founders of superstition and fanaticism, who first took the knife from the altar to make victims of those who refused to be their disciples?

"Prier Dieu c'est se flatter qu'avec des paroles on changera toute la nature."

To pray to God is to flatter oneself that with words one can alter nature.

-Voltaire

Comment

"People who habitually post in politics and religion forums on the internet are weenies."

I forgot who said it.
              2011 1M Alpine white/black
              1996 Civic white/black
              1988 M3 lachs/black

Comment

Originally posted by Q5Quint View Post
                "Tout homme sensé, tout homme de bien, doit avoir la secte chrétienne en horreur."

Every sensible man, every honorable man, must hold the Christian sect in horror.

"Ne peut-on pas remonter jusqu’à ces anciens scélérats, fondateurs illustres de la superstition et du fanatisme, qui, les premiers, ont pris le couteau sur l’autel pour faire des victimes de ceux qui refusaient d’etre leurs disciples?"

May we not return to those scoundrels of old, the illustrious founders of superstition and fanaticism, who first took the knife from the altar to make victims of those who refused to be their disciples?

"Prier Dieu c'est se flatter qu'avec des paroles on changera toute la nature."

To pray to God is to flatter oneself that with words one can alter nature.

-Voltaire
                ahhh Very good quote!

I believe in one God, and no more; and I hope for happiness beyond this life.
                I believe in the equality of man; and I believe that religious duties consist in doing justice, loving mercy, and endeavoring to make our fellow-creatures happy.
                But, lest it should be supposed that I believe many other things in addition to these, I shall, in the progress of this work, declare the things I do not believe, and my reasons for not believing them.
                I do not believe in the creed professed by the Jewish Church, by the Roman Church, by the Greek Church, by the Turkish Church, by the Protestant Church, nor by any church that I know of. My own mind is my own church.
                All national institutions of churches, whether Jewish, Christian or Turkish, appear to me no other than human inventions, set up to terrify and enslave mankind, and monopolize power and profit.
                I do not mean by this declaration to condemn those who believe otherwise; they have the same right to their belief as I have to mine. But it is necessary to the happiness of man that he be mentally faithful to himself.
                Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe.

-Thomas Paine

And let us with caution indulge the supposition that morality can be maintained without religion. Whatever may be conceded to the influence of refined education on minds of peculiar structure, reason and experience both forbid us to expect that national morality can prevail in exclusion of religious principle.

-George Washington

[men speaking]
                In classic Christian doctrine the material world is to be despised, and life
                is to be redeemed in the hereafter, in heaven, where our rewards come

But you say that if you affirm that which you deplore, you are affirming the
                very world which is our eternity at the moment.
                That's what I was saying.
                Eternity isn't some later time
                eternity isn't a long time
                eternity has nothing to do with time
                eternity is that dimension of here and now
                which thinking and time cuts out
                This is it (this is it)
                If you don't get it here, you won't get it anywhere
                and the experience of eternity right here and now is the function of life

-?

sigpic

A man chooses, a slave obeys... Would you kindly?

Comment

Ron Paul to Hillary Clinton a couple of years ago about our foreign policy and our war on terror.

...How can we have a war on a tactic? It doesn't make any sense.
                  Last edited by Dozyproductions; 09-15-2013, 10:07 PM.

Comment

"No man is good enough to govern another man without the others consent"

-Abraham Lincoln

It's not my favorite, but it relates to what the government is doing to us or bound to do to us..
                    IG: @_j.wn

Comment

I have two by john locke that have been extremely influential to me. The one is too long for me to type so Ill just write this one out

This is from his second treatise on gov
                      "If man in the state of nature be so free, as has been said; if he be absolute lord of his own person and possessions, equal to the greatest, and subject to no body, why will he part with his freedom?" John Locke

I have another quote by Hitler that happens to be on the same note page as that one so Ill write that one too since its interesting.

This is from Mein Kumpf
                      "If a government uses the instruments of power in its hands for the purpose of leading a people to ruin, then rebellion is not only the right but also the duty of every individual citizen." Adolf Hitler

Comment

^
                        WTF we quote Hitler on standing against a over bearing govt yet totally ignore One of greatest documents Penned by Thomas Jefferson........... really what has our education system become...............................

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, --That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness. Thomas Jefferson 7/4/1776

Another on this topic
                        God forbid we should ever be twenty years without such a rebellion. The people cannot be all, and always, well informed. The part which is wrong will be discontented, in proportion to the importance of the facts they misconceive. If they remain quiet under such misconceptions, it is lethargy, the forerunner of death to the public liberty.... And what country can preserve its liberties, if its rulers are not warned from time to time, that this people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms. The remedy is to set them right as to the facts, pardon and pacify them. What signify a few lives lost in a century or two? The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants. It is its natural manure.- Thomas Jefferson
                        Originally posted by Fusion
                        If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                        The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                        William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
                          ^
                          WTF we quote Hitler on standing against a over bearing govt yet totally ignore One of greatest documents Penned by Thomas Jefferson........... really what has our education system become...............................
                          Who the hell is 'we'? And what does our education system have to do with this? Assume a little too much did ya? I read Locke's and Hitler's books on my own time, unrelated to school. The notes I was referring to was a note app on my phone.

By the way, the Declaration of Independence is covered within our education system.

Comment

I find it odd that you post in the "Favorite" quotes thread a genocidal maniac that used a paraphrased version of quotes many of the US founders have said, as well as many others with a much more positive mark on history then fucking Hitler. Why not pick George Washington, De Tocqueville, Jefferson, etc.... etc.... to express this sentiment

Yes well with the way the public education system is going the founding and its significance is not covered like it used to be (my mother is a middle school teacher this is a fact I know a little about) and look at the new "common core" standards that are being pushed around the country.
                            Last edited by mrsleeve; 09-29-2013, 07:45 PM.
                            If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                            The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                            William Pitt-

Comment

Jesus fucking christ sleeve, let people quote whoever the fuck they want to quote. I'm sure with enough effort I could reference another figure who was quoted saying something similar, would you reply to that with yet another tirade about how the education system is failing because I didn't reference a certain individual you've got a hard on for saying something rather unoriginal? Pick your battles, damn.

Comment

just find hitter to be a little bit of a odd choice to be quoting four such a sentiment is all, call me old fashion I guess

William Pitt-

Comment

Working...
                                X