DC RallyCross 2015 - Yeah, lots of BMWs this year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DC RallyCross 2015 - Yeah, lots of BMWs this year

Looks like we're adding 3-4 more e30s this season, so should be a strong field in the Mod and Prepared RWD classes (and others). I know some of you have come out before or talked about it, so here's the information for 2015. DO IT!

--

We’re only 6 weeks away from the beginning of the WDCR SCCA 2015 RallyCross season! This season we’ll be back at the huge venue in Frostburg, MD where we ran last year. The hilltop location has a ton of space so we’re able to build big, fast, fun courses that are more reminiscent of stage rally than autocross (except with no trees to hit!).

Last year was a lot of fun and we had a number of highly-competitive classes in AWD, FWD, and RWD setups. This year we should have even more competitors out, and with another year of experience at the venue, groundskeeping, and course prep we can expect to have a lot of runs and seat time (a typical single-day event usually has well over a dozen runs, compared to the 3-4 you get at an autocross!)

So, we hope to see you out there for our events this season. Season memberships will be available as well, for those who plan to run most/all of the events.
    Here’s the schedule (some events subject to change, but this should stay pretty close), and more information on the program and useful links below that:

March 29 - Event 1
    May 3 - Event 2
    May 31 - Event 3
    June 27-28 - Event 4 (Twilight schedule Saturday & also Divisional Challenge Points Event)
    August 1 & 2 - Drivers School / Test-Tune & Event 5
    September 13 - Event 6
    October 11 - Event 7
    November 8 - Event 8

Facebook page:
    DC RallyCross, Summit Point, WV. 2,217 likes · 2 talking about this · 70 were here. Fun in the dirt! All you need is a safe vehicle and a drivers license!

Official Washington DC Region SCCA site:

Yahoo Discussion Group:

READ THE RULES! SCCA Rules and Classing info:

What's RallyCross?
    It's racing on dirt, gravel, grass, and sometimes mud on a course defined by cones. Each run you make counts towards the final results, and the conditions often change throughout the day, challenging drivers to be fast but also stay consistent.

Is this like Stage Rally or X-Games?
    Kind of- but without the high risk of danger and damage. This is rally but for street cars too. RallyCross courses are designed to avoid hitting trees, flipping your car, or crashing into a ditch. There are no gap jumps, stream crossings, or cliff-sides.

Can I do this with my car?
    YES. Pretty much any car at or near stock height can do it, as long as you don't mind getting it dirty.

Will my car be damaged?
    Not if you drive within your's and your car's limits. Your suspension will get a workout, and your car will get dirty.

Does my car need to be modded or “set up" for rallycross?
    No. Any car can run, and any car can win. You just need to hone your driving abilities. You will need a helmet. You don’t need a roll cage, race seat, fire suit, or other expensive safety device. They loan helmets too.

Where is the racing?
    The Washington DC Region of SCCA currently holds all of their RallyCross events in Frostburg, MD.

Will there be scantily-clad car girls who will let me take pictures of them leaning against my car?
    Not unless you bring them!

How do I find out more?
    Feel free to come to one of our events to specate. Most drivers are happy to give ride-alongs too. Rallycross events are laid-back where everyone is friendly and eager to chat about the sport.

Email Adam the chair of the DC RallyCross program with any questions or comments: rallychair@wdcr-scca.org or join the Yahoo group to get email updates on what’s going on!

Stage rally/rallycross e30 build/competition journal
    Track/street e21 build
    visit Condor Speed Shop
    visit Motorsport Hardware

[FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"] 1985 318i/M50 Rally Car - 1988 Porsche 924S - 2005 Sequoia tow pig - 2018 GTI

Interesting

Comment

is this for cars only? liek can i use my jeep cherokee?
      '87 BMW 325i - ground control c/o, condor bushings, 16x8/16x9 wheels - SOLD

'09 MazdaSpeed 3 - FOR SALE

Comment

Originally posted by lemansguy View Post
        is this for cars only? liek can i use my jeep cherokee?
        If it's stock height, it may be legal. Generally "tall" or lifted trucks/SUVs can't run due to rollover risk. Send an email to Adam Kimmet (listed above) and check with him. We have had a few Toyota 4x4s run, so you may be ok.
        Track/street e21 build
        visit Condor Speed Shop

[FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"] 1985 318i/M50 Rally Car - 1988 Porsche 924S - 2005 Sequoia tow pig - 2018 GTI

Comment

For anyone interested, registration for the first event and for a season subscription opens up Monday night. Hit me up if you need any more details.
          Track/street e21 build
          visit Condor Speed Shop

Comment

I met one of the guys from your group last year up here while getting gas in my e30. I need to check out the Frostburg event, but as a spectator though lol.

1992 BMW 325iC
            1978 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
            1965 Chevrolet Corvair Monza 140hp

Comment

May have to come out and spectate at one of these. Unfortunately, I can't participate since my car is lowered on H&R race springs. Far too low for that!

FREE BITCOINS!! http://qoinpro.com/71690d1639966bfbf223bf16538cec21
              Originally posted by scabzzzz
              I stand up, pull my dick out, and asked my gf to give me some noggin... Well, she starts laughing at me and I freaked out and ran off and locked myself in a bedroom.
              1989 325i - Project/weekend driver
              2002 325i - DD
              2005 Suzuki SV650 - Toy

Comment

Wish this wasn't 2.5 hours from my house... do they still do rallyx over at Summit Point?

Comment

will bilstein HDs and h&r sports be too low?
                  AWD > RWD

Comment

^ I feel like you might be okay, Long as you have a STRONG skidplate. Then again, I've never done a rallyx so I don't know how the terrain is!

FREE BITCOINS!! http://qoinpro.com/71690d1639966bfbf223bf16538cec21
                    Originally posted by scabzzzz
                    I stand up, pull my dick out, and asked my gf to give me some noggin... Well, she starts laughing at me and I freaked out and ran off and locked myself in a bedroom.
                    1989 325i - Project/weekend driver
                    2002 325i - DD
                    2005 Suzuki SV650 - Toy

Comment

Originally posted by jalopi View Post
                      Wish this wasn't 2.5 hours from my house... do they still do rallyx over at Summit Point?
                      nope, the track sold that land to the State Department complex next door. Else we'd still be running there for sure.

And Frostburg is about 2.5 hours from my house as well. In fact, almost everyone who runs up there is at least 1.5 hours away or further. It's actually a really nice, easy cruise though some scenic mountain roads to get there. No traffic on Sundays either.
                      Track/street e21 build
                      visit Condor Speed Shop

Comment

Originally posted by Kershaw View Post
                        will bilstein HDs and h&r sports be too low?
                        I ran bilstein HDs and h&r sports (with a 1" spring spacer in the front) last season. You'd be ok, but you'd want some kind of skidplate for sure. At least one of our e30s out there has been running for 5 seasons on totally shot springs and they sit LOW. They've never had a problem.

If you're not driving balls-out, you'd be fine if you have a skidplate. It's not like you're hitting any big rocks, it's just gravel.

That said, my car is a very light 318, so it sits taller on those springs than a 325 would.
                        Track/street e21 build
                        visit Condor Speed Shop

Comment

Just for reference, here's how my car sat last year. And the M42 oil pan sits lower than the M20 one, I think.

Looking at your sig, you'd probably want to take off your lower lip though. It woudl probably get messed up.

Track/street e21 build
                          visit Condor Speed Shop

Comment

Originally posted by gtdragon980 View Post
                            ^ I feel like you might be okay, Long as you have a STRONG skidplate. Then again, I've never done a rallyx so I don't know how the terrain is!
                            IXs have the strongest skidplate available: the front subframe (which fully encloses the steering rack too.)

anyway, i am registered for the 29th. hope it turns out ok!

the steering rack is the lower than the oil pan.
                            AWD > RWD

Comment

One more for the bunch, a red 318is.

I'd rather bring the 2002, but I'm not sure it will be tuned up before the event. Has anyone brought an '02 to WDCR Rallycross before?

Comment

Working...
                              X