Fix my car in return for a nice exhaust

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fix my car in return for a nice exhaust

I did an engine transplant for my car, but it won't run. Just a 2.7 stroker with a decent cam. It has fuel and spark, but it won't start. I am tired of dealing with it. If you can come over, and fix it, you can have my old exhaust system. IE long tube headers that are ceramic coated, including a high flow catalytic converter, and stainless steel Magnaflow muffler. I think I paid over $1700 for that thing.
    '91 325i

If I don't reply right away, don't lose heart. It's because I'm busy killing zombies on my Oculus VR. I'm a busy guy!
    '91 325i

Comment

Pm'd ya :up:

Comment

Car is fixed, exhaust is claimed.
        '91 325i

Comment

What was the issue ?

Please leave feedback below, thanks

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=358170

Comment

Austin! suggested I double check the distributor rotor position. Sure enough, the mount rotated about 30° out of position while I was screwing it into the camshaft. That's embarrassing, because I'm usually super careful about stuff like this.

Car ran, which was great, but I lost power windows and heater blower. Austin! again made the right diagnosis of a bad starter solenoid where the K5 & K7 unloader relays ground. I replaced the starter, and it fixed the window/blower issue. Another win. So he totally deserves the exhaust.
            '91 325i

Comment

Working...
            X