Thinking of selling my E30

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i have a beautiful 1990 325i in brillantrot. has custom tan sport seats now, done by Shaheen at Insane Interiors. has a custom high crompression engine with cam and built head. all new cooling system. full rebuild transmission. factory lsd with 3.73 rear end. full ground control suspension. IR sway bars all powder coated to match. mtech 2 steering wheel. plus more.

I've been working on it for 6 years. engine starts and runs. but wont idle well and hits a fuel cut at 4800 rpms at wot. tried a Miller setup but ecu wouldnt read the chip. so i'm over this car after 6 years of fighting with it. i.ve lost interest in it. so hopefully someone with a real passion for these cars will pick it up. i'm not sure how to poat pictures on this site, so hopefully they work. if not message me and i can text them to you.

i'm looking to get around $13,000 or trade for a clean 99 M3.

Thanks.

[IMG][/IMG]

Broken 325i for 13kay. hmmmph.

Adjust/swap your TPS for the 4500 fuel cut deal. If that's not it, put another DME in it.

GLWS
    Build Threads:
    Pamela/Bella/Betty/325ix/5-Lug Seta/S60R/Miata ITB/Miata Turbo/Miata VVT/951/325xi-6

Comment

Is that the miller prostreet kit? I'll buy it off you.

1988 ~ Lacey ~ 325iS

Comment

13 .... wat

Please leave feedback below, thanks

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=358170

Comment

m20 reliability breaks your spirit and you think a 50 series motor is gonna be better? ROFL

You want BAT prices, maybe list it on BAT?

I would like to know if you get a single seriously interest inquiry at this price
          ...what hasn’t been done to an m20 yet?

m20 Oil Stencil

Comment

It's not broke. It drives really well at half throttle. My guess is with the long tube headers and catless exhaust with a 274 cam and 10.2 to 1 compression the Turner chip isn't good enough. I had a whole Miller setup. But it wouldn't work and they said it was user error so I sent my stuff back and they claimed they lost it. And kept my 1100 dollars. I'm considering the m3 because I've owned one before and it's great stock. Really I've lost interest in the e30 since all my friends and brothers sold there's. Hopefully some in the NW can enjoy it. The price is because of the parts on the car. The forged block was 2300 alone.

Comment

Sounds broken to me. Fix it with a megasquirt. Then put it up for sale.

Comment

So if I go megasquirt is there someone that can help me tune it in Oregon?

Comment

Originally posted by mattwhatever View Post
                  So if I go megasquirt is there someone that can help me tune it in Oregon?
                  step 0.5 before megasquirt.. do you have a wideband on the car? Maybe you're going lean.

*ship it down to SF and I will figure it out for you :)
                  Build Threads:
                  Pamela/Bella/Betty/325ix/5-Lug Seta/S60R/Miata ITB/Miata Turbo/Miata VVT/951/325xi-6

Comment

Miller is a sack of shit - the cust. support and the product. Sorry for that happening to you.
                    Seconded for Megasquirt.
                    After uploading the provided base tune, any competent dyno operator can tune it for you - all tuning is relatively the same, just different programs used.
                    That 4800 rpm limiter really sounds like a bad CPS losing signal. Again, megasquirt tooth logger will help you see if that's the case too.

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

Yes. We are moving all our race cars and some of the street cars to Megasquirt. Talk to Ryan at Dynasport about it. He can point you in the right direction. We switched his old PRO3 car to it when we moved to ST class and went larger on the cam in the M20. Ran it all last season and it performed perfectly!

Tuning was done in Vancouver at a shop we know through Cascade.

I was going to go MS on my Touring once the M20 shitzz the bed and we swap something else in it.
                      1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
                      2016 Ford Flex
                      2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

Working...
                      X