Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Great. Looks like I need a chrome window trim piece.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This has happened to me also. twice.

Comment

Originally posted by BrewCity11 View Post
      Glad to help you out, and good to hear my paddle made it to you ok! >i think we just got lucky. Next set i sell will be wrapped in newspaper and duct (or duck) tape.

Wouldn't know what to use, but there's gotta be some sort of way to polish/shine up the trim. Maybe you could get it to match.
      It's nothing to worry about, and I am more than satisfied with the transaction given the piece(s) got to me perfectly intact! I seriously consider that a coup, and the shipping strategy was seriously very smart.

The trim piece looks totally fine, I did hammer it down a bit with product and one cannot tell any difference at 5 feet which is right in line with the condition of my paint, so I am happy. :D
      Chris | Debut Thread | Night Shots | Snow Shots |Youtube |60-130 |IP S52 91 325is

Comment

lol - AGAIN with this BS.

To be fair, I was hauling ass through the stretch of road where it happened, or at least where I think it happened as I didn't notice it gone until I pulled into a gas station. I never saw it go - I just hope it didn't hit anyone when it took flight.

Looks like I'm in the market again!
        Chris | Debut Thread | Night Shots | Snow Shots |Youtube |60-130 |IP S52 91 325is

Comment

ahahahaha

SC*AR (Schwarz Army)
          No longer stock ride height, rolling as low as a daily driver in New England should without worrying about breaking an oil pan. :up:

Comment

This time I know I have one. Shoot me a PM, we can meet up sometime this week if you have time.
            Originally posted by BillBrasky
            E36's are the Stephen Baldwin of the 3 series family. They barely hold everything together and they only sold a lot because of the popularity of their older sibling.
            1991 318i Alpine II - S50/5-lug swapped - track car
            1989 325i Cirrusblau - Daily
            1970 2500 - Malaga over Grey Cloth
            2012 F350 6.7PSD

Comment

You just drive tooo fast buddy!

Car looks good!
              Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

Thanks Jean. It really is funny. :D

Originally posted by BenM View Post
                This time I know I have one. Shoot me a PM, we can meet up sometime this week if you have time.
                PM on its way.

Comment

We have lots of them, pm if interested in another set.
                  sigpic
                  New website releasing soon www.gutenparts.com Guten Parts + Service | Facebook | Twitter

Levent
                  %20levent@gutenparts.com

Comment

check the clips that attach the front side of the trim piece. they may be worn, and if so are not holding your trim very tightly. the front piece always peels from the front to the back.

Comment

I keep driving up to CT to steal them, and then sell them back to you, hehe
                      turk@gutenparts.com

Originally posted by Janderson
                      Properly placed zip ties will hold bridges together.

Comment

And the third trim piece is gone.

Gentleman and scholar BenM had one for me and I installed the trim, crimped it and everything, and it really felt tightly secured to the car. I drove the 25 miles from home to work in West Hartford, got into it with a hothead in an ML500 that just couldn't accept being eaten alive by a 91 3-series, and sure enough it had blown off on the way in. I know I was north of 120 mph at one point due to the shift points, and remember thinking "good thing I spent the extra time to secure that trim piece."

Mmm hmm. Gone with the wind. It was on the car for less than 24 hours and I think at this point my only option is the dealer for a new piece and also have them install it for accountability. That way the next time it happens I can just bring it back and tell them to fix it.

What a total joke. :/

Comment

Shit man I'm sorry!

SC*AR (Schwarz Army)
                          No longer stock ride height, rolling as low as a daily driver in New England should without worrying about breaking an oil pan. :up:

Comment

That really sucks. I totally feel bad.
                            1985 M10b18. 70maybewhpoffury. Over engineered S50b30 murica BBQ swap in progress.

Originally posted by DEV0 E30
                            You'd chugg this butt. I know you would. Ain't gotta' lie to kick it brostantinople.

Comment

It really is a fucking joke at this point.

Comment

The car is BEGGING for some shadowline... there's a few local 318is being parted grab some!
                                Transaction Feedback!

Comment

Working...
                                X