PNW: E30 Picnic - Saturday event

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PNW: E30 Picnic - Saturday event

So what are some ideas for a saturday event? I want to give the people traveling a whole weekend of stuff to do E30 related.

BBQ at a park and a drive?
    Tech Day/detail day?
    Scenic drive on the back roads of WA all day?
    Sat. Night Hotel party? ;)

Basically I'm looking for ideas on what you'd like to see done the day before the picnic :)
    Chris
    90 Corrado/91 M3/01 M5

Originally posted by cramer View Post
    So what are some ideas for a saturday event? I want to give the people traveling a whole weekend of stuff to do E30 related.

BBQ at a park and a drive?
    Tech Day/detail day?
    Scenic drive on the back roads of WA all day?
    Sat. Night Hotel party? ;)

Basically I'm looking for ideas on what you'd like to see done the day before the picnic :)
    My buddy has a place in the highlands literally down the street, I doubt he'd want a bajillion people there but if its only 10-15 i bet I can convince him to party a bit with e30 guys later in the night.

Tech day/detail day sounds good too, but isn't derek giving everyone some griot's loving the morning of the picnic?
    Who doesn't love a little BBQ?
    Griot's Garage at a Deep Discount

Comment

I'll volunteer my place, can have a BBQ and head over to Point Defiance, or just walk down to the waterfront.

Plenty of parking as usual. Just a thought.

Comment

Im in for crivy's its kinda a small party place unless its nice out and i bring a keg for the porch/yard...

1987 PRO-3 car /1990 325is (2.7i Concours)

Comment

only If i can hit your car again john.

Comment

my parents have a pretty nice pad out in Gig Harbor area. I'll take some pics next time I'm down there to give an idea of parking/spaciousness (very adequate). Conveniently it's located next to some stellar backroads. I'm sure my dad would be down being an enthusiast and E30 owner himself. We could definitely have a keg too as long as we don't get ridiculously rowdy. In fact, any of you in the redmond/bellevue area should get a mack and jack's keg, because that's super tasty. If there are any musicians in the PNW crew, all we need is to bring a drum set, we have everything else there for a jam session. I'd invite you guys up to my pad in Bellingham, which can accommodate a fairly decent amount of people judging from past parties, however parking sucks balls as it is in a development, plus Bellingham isn't exactly a central location.

~Reid
            sigpic
            An unlucky E30 I came across in Rotterdam, Holland

Comment

Originally posted by Mot View Post
              only If i can hit your car again john.
              ok but with the same rules... you have to try and stop at least 30 feet away and just steer straight into it. lol

1987 PRO-3 car /1990 325is (2.7i Concours)

Comment

well Im gonna need several inches of snow and my old es100's to pull that off.

Comment

I think I might have that whole weekend open, take an unpaid day off work friday or something and drive up, but I'd like to try to make it especially if more stuff is going to happen :)

Comment

It would be good to start caravan planning now...

Closing SOON!
                    "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

Originally posted by Justin B View Post
                      I think I might have that whole weekend open, take an unpaid day off work friday or something and drive up, but I'd like to try to make it especially if more stuff is going to happen :)
                      That's my whole idea behind this, give you guys traveling a far distance more reason to make the trip then just one day of E30 fun :D

So it sounds like most just want a spot to hang out. I'd say which ever place can hold the most people, lets shoot for that one. Once a spot is nailed down, we can look a route for a drive/photo shoot for those who want to participate.
                      Chris
                      90 Corrado/91 M3/01 M5

Comment

I'm down to do something like that. Does that also still include the crew meeting up at Griot's on Sunday morning to caravan to the Picnic?

Also, on Saturday, we're planning on spending a pretty good chunk of time at Ikea, it's one of the big things we do every year when we make the trip. So if something like this was to go down, there's a possiblity I might not make it, because it probably means I'd have to leave another day early.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Anderson View Post
                          I'm down to do something like that. Does that also still include the crew meeting up at Griot's on Sunday morning to caravan to the Picnic?

Also, on Saturday, we're planning on spending a pretty good chunk of time at Ikea, it's one of the big things we do every year when we make the trip. So if something like this was to go down, there's a possiblity I might not make it, because it probably means I'd have to leave another day early.
                          There's no IKEA in OR? :(

Comment

Originally posted by Mot View Post
                            well Im gonna need several inches of snow and my old es100's to pull that off.
                            wuss.

:p
                            Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
                              wuss.

:p
                              Cheater ;)

Comment