front end rebuild

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

front end rebuild

ive resolved that my passenger side control arm was not installed properly which is why my wheel is pushed to far and i have my rubbing issue. i figure if im going to replace that why not do a complete front end rebuild with new control arms, cab's and all that. so what other things would i need and what performance upgrades could i do while i was doing all this. right now i have no plans to track the car, just want a nice, responsive DD.

Just out of curiosity, how is the control arm not installed correctly? I really see no way you can not install it properly unless you didn't align an offset control arm bushing right or didn't tighten it down.

For the front end you should replace the control arms, control arm bushings (use those form a 1995 M3), and tie-rods.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich V
      Just out of curiosity, how is the control arm not installed correctly? I really see no way you can not install it properly unless you didn't align an offset control arm bushing right or didn't tighten it down.

For the front end you should replace the control arms, control arm bushings (use those form a 1995 M3), and tie-rods.
      no clue, i just kinda figured that it was a problem with the control arm, but i really have no idea what im talking about. im going to be taking the car to a mechanic friend to look at in the near future though.

Comment

Working...
      X