(Opinions Needed) Mtech II Side Markers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

(Opinions Needed) Mtech II Side Markers

I just picked up my Mtech II rear valence and it has the factory side markers on it.

I am still looking for a front bumper and have availability to either the one with side marker provisions or the one without the side markers.

Do you think that mixing them would look goofy or should I just stick with markers front and rear?

BTW this will be on an AWII Vert.

Thanks for all your opinions!!
    Last edited by m32go; 02-20-2012, 11:13 AM.

I got the same problem, and there's nothing I can do ...I guess only the purist will notice. Unless I find a non marker bumper in better condition than mine (which is getting harder and harder to find) I'll try to ignore it. It will look good regardless.

Comment

Originally posted by m32go View Post
      I just picked up my Mtech II rear valence and it has the factory side markers on it.

I am still looking for a front bumper and have availability to either the one with side marker provisions or the one without the side markers.

Do you think that mixing them would look goofy or should I just stick with markers front and rear?

BTW this will be on an AWII Vert.

Thanks for all your opinions!!
      Mixing them would be tasteless. It's really a fairly easy fix to fill in the F & R holes. Use the rubber bumper or valance your removing for the material - cut to shape - epoxy in (or plastic weld) & filler in the cracks - paint & assemble.

[I

Comment

Originally posted by cactusjacks1 View Post
        Mixing them would be tasteless. It's really a fairly easy fix to fill in the F & R holes. Use the rubber bumper or valance your removing for the material - cut to shape - epoxy in (or plastic weld) & filler in the cracks - paint & assemble.
        BTW, what lip is that??

No other opinions?? I just might try the fill but I'm not 100% sure I want to do it yet.

Comment

Originally posted by m32go View Post
          BTW, what lip is that??

No other opinions?? I just might try the fill but I'm not 100% sure I want to do it yet.

I produce that lip spoiler to fit only on the E30 M-Tech II valance. Customers paint them semi flat black or do a match to body color. Photos of customers cars (R3V members cars looking good!!) Don't want to turn this into a thread jack - PM for additional pics/details.

[I

Comment

Originally posted by cactusjacks1 View Post
            Mixing them would be tasteless. It's really a fairly easy fix to fill in the F & R holes. Use the rubber bumper or valance your removing for the material - cut to shape - epoxy in (or plastic weld) & filler in the cracks - paint & assemble.[[/IMG]
            If you can't find any, I've got enough spare material to make 4 plugs for the US side lights. It's whats left of a e30m3 rear valance (right thickness & identical material). You can have it for the mailing cost. If you look closely at the grey one above you'll notice the tow hook covers have also been blended in.

Jack
            [I

Comment

My sedan has a euro m-tech kit sans sidemarkers, while my vert has the US version with sidemarkers. I actually like both versions. I think the clean look suits the sedan better, while the vert looks equally good with sidemarkers. Plus, with the vert, the added safety benefit is a good idea. I assume you'll be keeping your trunk mounted third brake light? If so, then might as well keep the sidemarkers too.

sigpic
              January 2012 COTM

Comment

Third brake light is already gone.

I have a 318is lid with lip but not sure if I want to use the lip.

Comment

The more you take off the better. Keep it clean.

Comment

Originally posted by Hey-U View Post
                    The more you take off the better. Keep it clean.
                    Absolutely gorgeous!!!

My wife asked me today why I am buying all this Mtech II stuff, M50, 5 speed, full custom upholstery, etc.... as I originally bought this to be my dd and it still will be but dammit it's gotta look good too!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X