No announcement yet.

Group Buy Pre-Order Thread: e30 fitment 15x10 track wheels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd say it depends on the tire you are running on it... 275/35 will be a bit tougher to fit than say a 245/40.

The Maxxis RC1 is supposedly coming out in 245/40r15, if that happens I may wind up picking up a set of 10s and seeing what I can do.

Comment

Thats a very valid point as well!
      -Brad
      My E30: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...50#post3916850

Comment

I'll have Ryan from motorsport hardware chime in here again about offering spacers

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2
        -Build http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=295277

Comment

those are pretty rad, even for street use. IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Wh33lhop View Post
            I'd say it depends on the tire you are running on it... 275/35 will be a bit tougher to fit than say a 245/40.

The Maxxis RC1 is supposedly coming out in 245/40r15, if that happens I may wind up picking up a set of 10s and seeing what I can do.
            Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
            Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
            One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Just looking on Tirerack... doesn't seem to be any mildly streetable options at 245 and 275 widths (aka Hoosiers only). Only vaguely streetable option would be R888's at 235 width... would that be ok on a 10" rim? Seems a bit much. Although I guess if you are looking at picking up 15x10 wheels for an e30 streetability shouldn't be expected.

Comment

Originally posted by brian52555 View Post
                Just looking on Tirerack... doesn't seem to be any mildly streetable options at 245 and 275 widths (aka Hoosiers only). Only vaguely streetable option would be R888's at 235 width... would that be ok on a 10" rim? Seems a bit much. Although I guess if you are looking at picking up 15x10 wheels for an e30 streetability shouldn't be expected.
                If you go back a page I posted about a bajillion pictures of R888s on 15x10s. Additionally, if you read this page the Maxxis RC1 should be coming out in 245/40R15 at some point, which would be viable with this wheel.

I am still iffy on fender fitment though.

Comment

Nice - missed that the first time through. Thanks.

Comment

I'm really excited for the Maxxis. Really want to test them vs NT01
                    2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
                    95 M3/2/5 (S54 and Mk60 DSC, CARB legal, Build Thread)
                    98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

Just got off the phone with Phil's Tire. The wheel is actually 15x10 et15. Better offset than the 949, but still not anything close to what we were trying to get with the group buy. The mold belongs to Phi's Tire too, so they are the only ones who will be offering it. If you're willing to run 20 mm spacers, then these work. I'm going to look at getting my wheel shells redone to allow clearance for the big brakes.

Comment

Well, that's extremely disappointing. Looks like I'll be sticking with my 6ul wheel sets then. No point changing them for 10mm.
                        Kevin Doyle
                        KD Motorsports
                        KD.Motorsports@yahoo.com
                        9175 Willows Rd NE
                        Redmond, WA 98052
                        (425)556-9076

Comment

Any updates? Anyone have photos of real wheel or ordered from Phil's yet?
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bmnut2002 View Post
                            Well, that's extremely disappointing. Looks like I'll be sticking with my 6ul wheel sets then. No point changing them for 10mm.
                            What size and offset 6ul wheels and tires are you running? What spacers are required to make it work? Thanks!
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by robgoesvroom View Post
                              Any updates? Anyone have photos of real wheel or ordered from Phil's yet?
                              Just thinking about these yesterday. I see no actual product with some googlage but they've been named the "aero 500". It looks like they come with both a 54.1mm (miata) and 57.1mm (e30) center bore. 15x9 come in +36 only and 10s come in +25 and +15. $200 per 15x9, $220 per 15x10.

Nobody seems to actually have a set yet.

Comment

From Phil:

The wheels will not be available until sometime the end of Oct beginning of Nov.

We do not have any pictures of the wheels with tires mounted.

We will not know shipping until the wheels are in stock.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X