Who's drifting their stock M20?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by evil_twin View Post
    Welp, I found a 3.73 LSD which I think is stock, for $150. Should I get it?

I have done a drift event, its just I wasn't sure if it was enough. But at the same time, I was running my gears out quick. I was mainly in 2nd gear.

it's all about clutch kicking with the e30, letting go of the steering wheel and catch it when you have the angle, then maneuver your way to the direction it has to go to... i don't really e-brake unless i have to like when i'm connecting a long downhill turn and pass the torque bend, what i do is i e-brake in the middle while sideways, so it continues to slide side ways and as soon as i'm about to hit the apex, i clutch kick to get back on the torque bend

i love third gear and fourth gear drift on the m20, all you hear is WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH WAH WAH WAH WAH WAH

:D

Comment

^^^ all i can say is that the stock m20/g260/4.10lsd will not hold 3rd very long. Doesnt matter if you fling the car at the top of third and clutch kik all you want....i never had the chance to use 4th gear.

as for learning to drift, it'll do exactly what you need. I suggest you cocentrate on suspension if you want to get into this motorsport. here's an encouraging vid of a bonestock m20 drifting:

"systems check" for moroso drift event Sept 2/07. come out!

but now its totalled :(

Originally posted by ITB4ag View Post

I drift a tired 140k 4ag with intake and exhaust with 4.778 rear end gears on a TRD 2way. You should be fine just go out and have fun.
      apart from the final gear and 2-way i respect people who do what you do. gears are WAAAAAAAAAAY too short man jaja. got any vids pics?? i used to have a 20v st'd hb trd japan 8/6 trd short shocks trd lsd and upgraded to paradise racing coilovers at the end of its career
      No more e30s for me.
      88 black BMW OBDII 332is dedicated track [sold]
      88 BMW OBDII bronzit 332is [RIP 03/08]
      91 BMW 325i [sold]
      86 Corolla 'Ae86' HB 20v trd [sold]
      http://youtube.com/watch?v=pTj7Hn9v5Rs

Comment

Originally posted by Jeremiel5 View Post
        i love third gear and fourth gear drift on the m20, all you hear is WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH WAH WAH WAH WAH WAH

:D
        I'm sorry dude, if you're going to brag about 4th gear drifting, post videos or it's all BS.
        Erick Mahle | FullOpp Drift | YouTube
        EurostopUSA | Dunlop Tires | Ireland Engineering | EnthusiastApparel | Ground Control

..::Support FullOpp::..
        FullOpp Stickers for sale!
        NEW | Enthusiast Apparel T-Shirts! | NEW
        Feedback Thread

Originally posted by Mr. Anderson
        ...one of the most hardcore E30's around. :D

Comment

Originally posted by rwdrift View Post
          I'm sorry dude, if you're going to brag about 4th gear drifting, post videos or it's all BS.
          110mph Dreeft? What's dreeft?

-Erik
          '16 Focus 2.0L - '99 Protegé DX 1.6L POS (Sold) - '87 4runner 22R-E (Sold) - '86 Schwarz S50 (Sold) - '02 WRX Wagon (sold) - '07 Impreza 2.5i (sold) - '91 Alpine M52 (Sold) - '89 Alpine 325is (Sold)

Originally posted by 87e30
          I just want to dance with some beezies

Comment

...torque bend...
            Torque CURVE even?

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH WAH WAH WAH WAH WAH
            If you post this one more time I will personally see to it that you get banned.
            '89 325is S50 Track Montser
            '04 X5 Daily/Tow Vehicle

http://www.avarestoration.com

http://www.myspace.com/brendanfiddle

Click here if you want to be my zombie slave...

http://www.youtube.com/user/Fidhle007

Comment

+ 1

Comment

I do 4th gear drifts...

in the rain.
                But, I live in Oregon, so he can't use my explanation
                Joe Funk -- Portland Oregon
                That Guy.
                03 X5. 3 liter obviously.

Comment

I have a stock M20 with 4.10 LSD

I want a 3.73

I may start a slide in 3rd but I always end up exiting the slide in 2nd.
                  R.I.P 07/01/09 - 04/23/10 :(

Comment

third i can see if you've get a long run up, but fourth! holy shit. idk ive got 3.73s and 35 series tires. i have to push her to get the rear end to step out, but its super easy to control in a slide. i i usually dont use the hand break as much as the "clutch kick" deal, but its usually in 2nd gear. im not ready for teh tokyo drifto yet! 105% stock engine btw.

Comment

Originally posted by nineohfour View Post
                      third i can see if you've get a long run up, but fourth! holy shit. idk ive got 3.73s and 35 series tires. i have to push her to get the rear end to step out, but its super easy to control in a slide. i i usually dont use the hand break as much as the "clutch kick" deal, but its usually in 2nd gear. im not ready for teh tokyo drifto yet! 105% stock engine btw.
                      you guys have to clutch-kick? lame...

Thank you :bow: M30 gods
                      Joe Funk -- Portland Oregon
                      That Guy.
                      03 X5. 3 liter obviously.

Comment

what you guys think about an eta with a chip? I know it has the torque to breakem loose but will it be able to keep them spinning is the question.
                        97 tacoma 5 spd 4 cylinder
                        2001 330ci 5 speed
                        83 733i 5 speed, (FS)

Comment

It's been done. If you get a quicker ratio diff it'll help out quite a bit. Someone here had a nice one going sideways for a while.
                          Erick Mahle | FullOpp Drift | YouTube
                          EurostopUSA | Dunlop Tires | Ireland Engineering | EnthusiastApparel | Ground Control

..::Support FullOpp::..
                          FullOpp Stickers for sale!
                          NEW | Enthusiast Apparel T-Shirts! | NEW
                          Feedback Thread

Originally posted by Mr. Anderson
                          ...one of the most hardcore E30's around. :D

Comment

I was gonna say it's pretty easily to slide all the way through the carousel at Carolina Motorsports Park (atleast before the repave) in 4th gear...but that's with a 3liter M50. I've seen M20 cars slide through there at the top of 3rd...they could probably do it in 4th with greasy tires.

Clutch kick is asking for trouble IMO

Comment

cool. I will do my best to get you a video, bro. I drifted on 4th gear in El Toro airport a few times during rainy seasons. 4th gear is really hard to get to when drifting, but if you have a whole runway to yourself with 4 other friends, 4/32nd rear tires (215/45/15 in the fronts and 195/55/15 w/55psi in the rears), and it's raining, then it can be done... I feel like I'm the only one that has done this on an M20. :woowoo:

maps.google.com, el toro marine corps air station, ca; check out the birds eye view of the tire marks from all the drift events... go figure how i did it, :)

Yo MATT, is it wrong to say WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH WAH WAH WAH WAH WAH?

PS. TO ALL SITE OWNERS: there has been fatal errors lately with your site in PHP; I'm not the best at this, but check the memory_limit on your PHP.ini; you may need to up your memory
                              Last edited by Jeremiel5; 04-10-2008, 10:32 AM.

Comment

cool. I will do my best to get you a video, bro. I drifted on 4th gear in El Toro airport a few times during rainy seasons. 4th gear is really hard to get to when drifting, but if you have a whole runway to yourself with 4 other friends, 4/32nd rear tires (215/45/15 in the fronts and 195/55/15 w/55psi in the rears), and it's raining, then it can be done... I feel like I'm the only one that has done this on an M20. :woowoo:

Yo MATT, is it wrong to say WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH WAH WAH WAH WAH WAH?

PS. TO ALL SITE OWNERS: there has been fatal errors lately with your site in PHP; I'm not the best at this, but check the memory_limit on your PHP.ini; you may need to up your memory

You Sir, ARE the man. We might be lost without ya. :D

Comment

Working...
                                X