Track Times Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 325ix View Post
    I would love to see some comparison times between an e36 M3 and e30 by the same driver on the same course.
    OK. I will do, I have an e30 getting an alpina/H&B 327S 2.7 10.5:1 motor with conversion from l-jet to motronic 1.3, I will take it to buttonwillow and Laguna seca.

I would prefer Laguna Seca as I know that track the best.

What is the target specs for an e30?
    I have ran the same e36M3 at Thill, Laguna, Bwillow all with various setups (street/track tires) multiple times. 2009-2010, the e36M now is getting gutted for weapon use so is not a fair street car comparison.

I can take the e30 out when its ready (probably within a month or 2)

I was intending on tracking it full stock suspension + azenis 615 stock tires + track pads, only modification would be high lock LSD, and 2.7 alpina engine :) should be ~ 190hp crank without much tuning, I think it can do 190rwhp tuned.

what should be a target 190 crank hp stock footwork e30 time on laguna seca? I have never driven an e30 there before
    OBD1 M54/M52TU swap as a M50b25

Z4 non powered steering rack fits e30

Euro e46 2005/6 320d 6mt gearbox into E30 with M20 hardy and beck 1985 327s engine

Comment

Just curious - where'd you get the alpina motor? And are you doing that swap yourself?
      1985 325e, 74k miles (S52 w/ OBD1, Bistein Sports, H&R Sports, IE sways, 3.23 LSD, TD 15x7/Star Specs, Euro bumper conversion)
      1998 M3 (4dr, 5sp, TCKline) (sold)
      2002 325i (sold)
      2009 X5 3.0si

Comment

91 bmw 318is
        stock m42 out of a 95 318is
        BMP chip
        K&N stock drop in filter in the stock box with fresh air set up
        Car was completely Gutted out/no cage/no a/c
        stock clutch
        4:10 lsd w/z3 M diff cover
        BMP front and rear stress bars
        H&R red race springs
        Bilstein touring struts and shocks
        IE lower control arm bushings front
        IE rear upper shock mounts
        Eibach prokit adjustable sway bars F&R
        Zimmerman F&R cross drilled rotors
        Stock exhaust
        D-FORCE LTW 15X7 Wheels with 205/50/15 nitto nto1'S
        At adams motorsports park time attack best lap 48.3 sec
        At calif speedway/speed ventures 2.8 mile road course best lap 2:12 sec at average speed of 80.3 mph. I was at 120 mph through turn 1 and 2.
        I have the car no more and i really regret selling it now.
        Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

garage queen 91 bmw 325is / 1972 Chevy El Camino 355 sbc 450hp

Comment

who is down to go to one of those adams kart track time attack/grip things? I'm from eagle rock area, I think its about an hour away
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jstam View Post
            Just curious - where'd you get the alpina motor? And are you doing that swap yourself?
            Purchased the powerplant with L-jet original H&B ecu with history book locally from personal mechanic of original grey market importing owner, have the full folder and vin from the 327s H&B car. !!! Just got lucky!!!! I think only 12-15 of these complete cars were sold by H&B in 1985.

Market Motor Works in GA sent me a complete Motronic 1.3 conversion kit - complete down to the little sensors and weird brackets and things I don't fully understand yet - I am only very familiar with modern DIS style stuff!!!

The ETA Powerplant will come out, Alpina 2.7 high comp go in+ Motronic 1.3 conversion will all be done
            @ JRD Innovations here local (SF BAY)

... With some extra secret sauce additions :)

I will continue to update the performance from BODY structure first, as I feel e30's are Noodles; Chassis strength = lower lap times :)

Euro e46 2005/6 320d 6mt gearbox into E30 with M20 hardy and beck 1985 327s engine

Comment

BMW 318is(non-lsd)
              Engine:
              Stock 91 m42(185k) + Chip, Muffler(nothing engine wise)
              Suspension:
              Spec e30 Suspension, poly bushings, treehouse lollis
              Wheels Tires:
              225/45/15 Nitto NT01 on TDR 1.3's
              BW#13: 2:13

I have since added everything else that's in my sig haha..

Only track i've been to post setup is INDE Motorsports Ranch in Wilcox, I was running 2:12's there.
              1991 BMW 318is Track Car-NEEDS ITBS AND STANDALONE!!
              1997 BMW 328i Daily Driver-like buttah..

Comment

post up a thread or PM me when you guys go out to buttonwillow again, I'll join!

Originally posted by E30_(1st Musk)_ View Post
                nice. i've been wanting to take the e30 to a 1/8 thats about an hour from my house just to see where i am at

thanks but no thanks, last night was exhausting enough and left me broke! ...you should come with us next time we go because its usually a group of about 10 e30's and a mix of other friends and cars
                sigpic

Comment

'89 325is 2200# Track only car
                  M50TU w. upgrades 195whp
                  H&R race/Billstiens/Sways/Plates
                  15x7 TRM's Toyo RA1s 205/50
                  4.10LSD/ E36 5spd (110mph top speed)

Arizona Motorsports Park ~ 2min dead
                  Firebird:
                  -East 1:06.xx
                  -West 1:07.xx
                  -Main 1:15.xx

Changed a lot (LSD 3.73, E36 rack, Alignment) plus it's got a lot of changes coming so these plus some So.Cal times will be TBD.. :)

Comment

1984 e30 323 4door m30 swap 178 rwhp 195 trq weight in at 2284 # on almost empty tank streets of willow cw 1.29.2 ccw 1.28.7
                    buttonwillow cw13 2.09. auto club speedway roval 2.00 willow springs big track 1.38
                    times are on h&r sport springs and bilstien sport shocks , now i got some 450/700 coil overs and camber plates so i hope for some better times :)
                    Last edited by miki; 08-19-2011, 12:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by miki View Post
                      1984 e30 323 4door m30 swap 178 rwhp 195 trq weight in at 2284 # on almost empty tank streets of willow cw 1.29.2 ccw 1.28.7
                      buttonwillow cw13 2.09. auto club speedway roval 2.00 willow springs big track 1.38
                      times are on h&r sport springs and bilstien sport shocks , now i got some 450/700 coil overs and camber plates so i hope for some better times :)
                      Good times. What tires?

Comment

Originally posted by JJ1 View Post
                        Good times. What tires?
                        yes, I was going to ask also. R compounds?

m30 makes it SCOOT!
                        have you ran Laguna with the e30m30?

what does a prepped non caged 200rwhp e30 run at Laguna with dot-R's ?

Comment

No laguna seca yet. All the times are on 225/45/15 r888 except big willow that was on 205/45/15 nt01. I signed up for streets on 18th of this month and I hope to shave a couple of seconds with that new set up :)

Comment

Spec E30 Lap Records

Comment

Originally posted by SimonH View Post

I was looking for such a post...thanks...

wow , some very fast m20 drivers....!
                              I love sitting down and just driving!

Comment

just got back from streets of willow. ran the course CW.

my car is a 91 318is.
                                front H&R sport springs (installed by PO)
                                Mishimoto e36 Radiator
                                and phenolic intake spacer kit.
                                everything else is stock.
                                195/65/14 Kuhmos (street tires) non of that Rcomp silliness.

first time at SOW and second time on a track. this is the only track ive had timing for.

there were 5 runs first run was a lead follow (cuz ams a noob)
                                i skipped the last run since i felt my tires were pretty jacked. and i needed to get home.

1st run best time 1:57.339 (i consistently had 2 minute laps.)
                                2nd run best time 1:53.675
                                3rd run best time 1:51.131 (best time for the day)

i definitely think i couldve knocked it down to 1:50 but this is what i could do with my stock setup. hopefully will have my car setup proper next track day. i also didnt shed any weight im pretty sure that wouldve helped a bit. rear seat with headrests and spare tire are heavy

Comment

Working...
                                X