Destiny - A New Venture by Bungie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Destiny - A New Venture by Bungie

I Searched but didn't find a thread, so if this is Repasta, feel free to lock and remove it mods.

I don't know how many of you bungie fans noticed, but they just released a ViDoc explaining some of the great things that are going to happen with Destiny.

I don't know about you but I'm Hooked, they only show a couple seconds of gameplay and a few screenshots, but from what I've seen id venture to say this could be better then Halo. The Story, the art and design, the music, it all is going to lead up to something big.

Some of the stuff they have shown shows that it may in fact be an MMO with a good singleplayer story in it. They have a Menu that shows a homeworld type thing, where I would guess you would stop off for at the markets for supplies, pick up quests, hang out with friends etc. They then have an option for what looks to be an Independent storyline, which is self explanatory. Then they have what looks to be 3 multiplayer options, Strike, Raid, and Faction wars.

From what I've gathered, Strike looks to be multiplayer aspect, to maybe work out storyline missions together or to go in team warfare.

Raid looks also like a, well, raid. Maybe like co-op base assaults or almost a persistent storyline aspect where you are fighting to bring the universe back under the hands of the humans.

And Faction wars would probably be Clan or multiplayer wars that you hook up with your friends and fight other teams of friends.

I hope you guys are as excited as I am, I may even build a PC for this game only, even if it comes out on console.

Discuss
    Last edited by Wschnitz; 02-17-2013, 12:32 PM.
    1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
    willschnitz

Hopefully the story is cohesive and interesting. Further, if this has humanS vs a really interesting AI it will be popular, otherwise it might as well be any other pretty FPS. Here's hoping for a good one!

Comment

Bumping this because I need some more people to play it with. Anybody got it for PS3? I'm really digging it so far. I just hate playing with random people

Comment

I heard this game fell harder on it's face than Titanfall.
        2014 Alpine White 335i MSport
        (Daily Driver)
        Full Mperformance Aero

2007 Black Sapphire Metallic E92 335i (6MT)
        KW V2 Coilovers
        VRSF Catless Downpipes

Comment

Originally posted by codyep3 View Post
          I heard this game fell harder on it's face than Titanfall.
          Not sure where you're getting your info from, but it is one of the most played Xbox one games right now, I had nearly 40 of my friends online playing it last night. I do not have an Xbox one yet, so I cannot weigh in on it personally. All I know is people are loving it.
          ~ Puch Cafe. ~ Do business? feedback ~ Check out my leather company ~

Instagram: @BWeissLeather

Current cars:
          ~ '87 325 M30B35 swap
          ~ '87 535
          ~ 01 540 Msport 6spd
          ~ '06 X5 4.8is

Comment

It's just smaller than expected. But I think it will expand in time and be what is expected.

Comment

My friends have it and like it. Personally I'm waiting for halo 5, farcry 4 and forza horizon 2

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
              1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
              Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
              Mtech 2 turbo restoration
              Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

Originally posted by F34R View Post
                Not sure where you're getting your info from, but it is one of the most played Xbox one games right now, I had nearly 40 of my friends online playing it last night. I do not have an Xbox one yet, so I cannot weigh in on it personally. All I know is people are loving it.
                Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2014-09-19 13.38.12.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	67.4 KB
ID:	7169586
                I wouldn't personally know since I play PC. I just google'd destiny and those news reports came up. I heard similar reviews from other social networks, but who knows.

I was a fan of Bungie back when I played Halo 2.
                2014 Alpine White 335i MSport
                (Daily Driver)
                Full Mperformance Aero

2007 Black Sapphire Metallic E92 335i (6MT)
                KW V2 Coilovers
                VRSF Catless Downpipes

Comment

I have not searched it or played it, all I knew was from what a large party was saying last night. I have stayed on Halo 3 since it has launched, I don't plan to leave till the release of MCC with the H2 remake.
                  ~ Puch Cafe. ~ Do business? feedback ~ Check out my leather company ~

Instagram: @BWeissLeather

Current cars:
                  ~ '87 325 M30B35 swap
                  ~ '87 535
                  ~ 01 540 Msport 6spd
                  ~ '06 X5 4.8is

Comment

I'm definitely going to be picking it up when I pick up an Xbox One.

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
                    Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

Originally posted by lambo View Post
                      i'm definitely going to be picking it up when i pick up an xbox one.

xbox one ftw

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
                      1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
                      Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
                      Mtech 2 turbo restoration
                      Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

I watched some streams, it looks dumb
                        "I wanna see da boat movie"
                        "I got a tree on my house"

Comment

Originally posted by F34R View Post
                          I will concur here with brandon

Halo 3 again I assume, ;) I might pop that in again if none of my normal 4 guys are on. I will buy a XB1 when you do................. LOL Oh your still waiting on me for me drawing aren't you. Sorry my job got real busy and then got all FUBAR'd and now I am at home and forgot to send it to you
                          Originally posted by Fusion
                          If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                          The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                          William Pitt-

Comment

The game is pretty cool I like the multiplayer on it but the game gets pretty repetitive with the missions and stuff but can't wait for the updates and anyone playing on
                            Ps4
                            Originally posted by InuFaye
                            silver is old man color car. you need dat BRO-SECA BLUE.
                            Originally posted by blunttech
                            so true.. never let them know where you live..I almost ended up in jail when I was raping young women on craigslist
                            Originally posted by george graves
                            An S5x is like the girl you want to marry - an m30 is the girl you don't bring home to mom.

Comment

Originally posted by ThatOneEuroE30 View Post
                              xbox one ftw
                              Yeah, I'm really close to pulling the trigger. I've been playing my 360 a lot more recently and it's been pushing me towards upgrading finally.

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
                              Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

Working...
                              X