Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Group Buy Pre-Order Thread: e30 fitment 15x10 track wheels

Update!
    Jongbloed is willing to go ahead with designing and producing this wheel for us!

Specs:
    15x10
    ET 0
    Price: $239 each
    Estimated Weight: 14lbs
    Expected Ship Date: End of Februrary/Beginning of March

This is pretty in line with the 949racing 6UL wheel and much cheaper than the Keizer/Jongbloed 3-piece racing wheels. It also saves us having to run 25mm spacers rear and 32mm spacers front like we would with the 6UL wheels.
    (a small 5-8mm spacer will likely be needed in the front to clear the strut)

The wheel will be designed with big brake clearance in mind and Jongbloed is evaluating to see if they can design to clear the 300mm race kits with the SL6R and Superlight calipers.

This is what the current 15x7 Spec miata offering looks like from Jongbloed, the 15x10 will look similar however it will most likely have some lip (I will update the picture as soon as Jongbloed has finished the design)

And this is the CAD rendering of what the 15x10 will look like:

We need to order at least 15 sets of wheels initially to get production underway, below is the list of currently interested people and the amount of sets they have expressed interest in buying, once all of the details are finalized I will be updating this post in addition to sending PM's to those interested regarding how to pay Jongbloed for the wheels.

Below is a running list of people interested thus far:

15x10 et0 4x100
    1 klodkrawler05 (r3v)
    2 hoyabmw (r3v)
    3 hoyabmw (r3v)
    4 jcarp90 (r3v)
    5 BMWnut2002 (r3v)
    6 Jean (r3v)
    7 old man (BF.C)

15x10 et0 5x120
    1 jimmypet (BF.C)
    2 jimmypet (BF.C)
    3 Damon in STL (BF.C)
    4 UKRBMW (BF.C)
    Last edited by klodkrawler05; 11-20-2013, 06:19 AM.
    -Brad
    My E30: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...50#post3916850

You should make them 15x9 et 8 and 15x10 et -5 so you don't need spacers and you can still run chunky tires.
    Byron
    Leichtbau

Comment

Good info to have! as the wheels haven't been made yet final specs are still open for discussion! thanks for the input.
      -Brad

Comment

Originally posted by E30SPDFRK View Post
        You should make them 15x9 et 8 and 15x10 et -5 so you don't need spacers and you can still run chunky tires.
        Having track wheels that you can't rotate to even out tire wear is a terrible idea.
        Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
        Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
        One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Nobody mentioned running staggered track wheels, this thread discusses 15x9 and 15x10 which would be 2 different sizes for 2 different tires/setups.
          -Brad

Comment

Subscribed. I would be interested in a set, not yet decided on size.

Comment

et0 will probably require small spacers in the front (8mm, well within most stud limits, still fully hub centric), and no spacer in the rear. The slightly smaller track width for swapping the wheels is nice, but going slightly deeper is fine too.

Comment

Maybe it's just me, but this thread feels more stance-y than track-y like the other one does.

Comment

15x10 is the right size for 275/35/15. That's definitely track/autox territory

Comment

Originally posted by hoyabmw View Post
                    This is what I was looking to hear. What size spacers do you need to clear the front struts?
                    88 325is - S52 powered

Originally posted by King Arthur
                    We'll not risk another frontal assault, that rabbit's dynamite!

Comment

Originally posted by hoyabmw View Post
                      Correct, the 15x10 would also work well for the hoosier 245 and the hypothetical 245 street tire that Hankook is considering. and 15x9 seems to be a hot ticket with the 225/45/15 RS3 and BFG Rival.

Originally posted by matthugie View Post
                      This is what I was looking to hear. What size spacers do you need to clear the front struts?
                      That would depend on the final specs of the wheel but a 15x10 et0 would require no spacer in the rear and a 8mm in front as hoya mentioned.

For auto-x it generally seems that the narrower the overall car is the better (thats one advantage the e30 has over the e36, e46) from that stand point I'd prefer to have a et0 that required small spacers to clear 275's but perhaps would need no spacers if I ran a 245 vs being stuck with et-5 and an overall wider car when my hypothetical 245's wouldn't need that much space.
                      -Brad

Comment

5mm won't change anything handling-wise unless you are a computer, but it makes it easier to mount them since you won't need spacers. If we're getting wheels made specifically in e30 specs, why wouldn't you get them to fit directly? A one piece 15x9 et15 won't clear the strut period, never mind what tire size you run. 15x10 et0 is extremely close, if it does clear the strut your tire won't be able to stick past the lip at all.

Also,

Originally posted by z31maniac View Post
                        Having track wheels that you can't rotate to even out tire wear is a terrible idea.
                        How does changing the offset slightly prevent you from being able to rotate them?
                        Byron
                        Leichtbau

Comment

Valid points again, I'm also not against something with more offset if that allows for easier fitment. If more people are interested at a smaller offset than its certainly worth changing.
                          -Brad

Comment

Originally posted by E30SPDFRK View Post
                            How does changing the offset slightly prevent you from being able to rotate them?

He was talking about 9"f and 10"r not being rotatable.

Comment

Originally posted by Farbin Kaiber View Post
                              He was talking about 9"f and 10"r not being rotatable.
                              Yeah, it was my screw up. He wasn't suggesting a staggered set, just those offsets for either size option.

I originally was thinking he meant staggered since he is typically a "stance" wheel guy.
                              Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
                              Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
                              One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Working...
                              X