Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

*Midtown Crossing Meet* (last Friday of every other month)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey guys, thank you all for attending.

Really cool to see y'all and hope that turn outs stay that packed, all the way through the summer.
    We should be expecting a good flow of newcomers. Different chassis are now being invited to keep it interesting as well.
    @IRON-E30 aka Edwin:D

Comment

I think Facebook helped out a lot with bringing more people out. We should create a calendar invite as a reminder each month. I would share the hell out of it and I'm sure others would too.
      sigpic

Comment

The meet was featured on "So Cal Car meets." I don't think this is a good idea for the long term. Many of the meets on there have been raided by cops and forced to multiple other locations due to the number of cars that attend and idiots burning out or revving. We've been there 8 years or so without getting raided because we keep it relatively small...let's keep it that way. It's an E30 meet, not Hot Import Nights.
        "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
        88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
        89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
        91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

Isn't the station connected to that parking lot? whoever is dumb enough to attract enough attention for a ticket in that lot deserves it.

But i think your right, big meet brings big problems

Comment

Originally posted by reelizmpro View Post
            The meet was featured on "So Cal Car meets." I don't think this is a good idea for the long term. Many of the meets on there have been raided by cops and forced to multiple other locations due to the number of cars that attend and idiots burning out or revving. We've been there 8 years or so without getting raided because we keep it relatively small...let's keep it that way. It's an E30 meet, not Hot Import Nights.
            Says the guy with 3 e30s that have body kits. How much was that overnight shipping from Japan?
            Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

www.gecoils.com
            My euro 316 project Transaction Feedback

Comment

Originally posted by einstein57 View Post
              Says the guy with 3 e30s that have body kits. How much was that overnight shipping from Japan?
              More than you can afford pal...M3.
              "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
              88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
              89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
              91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

Originally posted by Radio_Flyer View Post
                I think Facebook helped out a lot with bringing more people out. We should create a calendar invite as a reminder each month. I would share the hell out of it and I'm sure others would too.
                Cool man, thanks for the support.
                True, it was bigger than most of us ever expected but, you gotta admit, it something new to talk about. I'm for one OK with it. He'll crossroads in Torrance gets raided too but, you still see all of the regulars go out there.
                Originally posted by brbahner View Post
                Isn't the station connected to that parking lot? whoever is dumb enough to attract enough attention for a ticket in that lot deserves it.

But i think your right, big meet brings big problems
                Hopefully it'll wind down next month............ or will it?
                Originally posted by einstein57 View Post

More than you can afford pal...M3.
                :hitler:

Comment

good times, i haven't been to this in years. i agree with Barry, that its better not to attract a large crowd (primarily those other than BMW) because it will generate unwanted attention and burn the spot.

Comment

Originally posted by Lee22 View Post
                    good times, i haven't been to this in years. i agree with Barry, that its better not to attract a large crowd (primarily those other than BMW) because it will generate unwanted attention and burn the spot.
                    What I've learned about big meets, especially to a location that have had years of successful meets without the hooning, is posting a disclaimer that if you do the stuff you're not supposed to do, you will be filmed and your plate numbers will be submitted to the local authorities.

This approach has proven to have worked as it sorts out hoons and goons away from our meets.

Did anyone get the plate numbers of the Ford F150 ghetto blasting with them outside speakers?! Haha.
                    sigpic
                    What's Crackiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiin?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnaiAh9hbzs
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5SSh9an26Ac
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vLgBCQUMOdo
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BeasDMXRfGM
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhFVxnNmiIY

Comment

Originally posted by OBEY View Post
                      Did anyone get the plate numbers of the Ford F150 ghetto blasting with them outside speakers?! Haha.
                      lmao lmao that guy had the worst sound system ever....WTF happened to his BASS????
                      sigpichttps://www.facebook.com/pages/Monke...58912484208638

Comment

Bump.......

Comment

second bump
                          Originally posted by dvck
                          I'm going to say this nicely; go fuck yourself.

Comment

Tres bump !
                            Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

garage queen 91 bmw 325is / 1972 Chevy El Camino 355 sbc 450hp

Comment

Cuatro bump?
                              sigpic

Comment

fünfte bump

Currently building a badass coffee table
                                Random stuff on insta @kevanromero

Comment

Working...
                                X