Where to get parts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where to get parts

Since we are all in the same boat with non-US cars, I thought it would be helpful to have a thread for sharing parts sources.

Most of the parts I've needed so far are shared with US E30s, so I've just gotten them from my local dealer. For the Touring-specific (non-US) parts, here's what I've learned.

1. Local dealer - My local dealer has ordered several non-US parts for me. They show as available and the BMW parts system let's the order be processed, but the parts never come in. I eventually gave up.

2. Maximillian Importing (BMW Classic) - I've successfully ordered from them several times. Great guys. Orders usually take a month to arrive. Prices are high. For decent sized orders, I've found that Schmiedmann is faster and cheaper (even with the international shipping).

3. Schmiedmann (Denmark) - They have become my go-to source for new OEM parts. I have been able to get parts from them that Maximillian shows as NLA. Fast shipping. Good prices. Minimum $23 shipping cost.

4. Guten Parts and BluntTech - Many euro-BMW owners get parts from these 2 places. I've never used them.

5. Sskoda - Dismantler in Ireland. He advertises in the r3v classifieds. Good seller. I bought some parts from him through his web site willswheels.co.uk.

6. UK eBay. There are some random Touring parts on the US eBay, but many more on the UK eBay. I actually found a guy who advertised a Touring he was dismantling and bought some parts directly from him. I tried German eBay once, but did not find much, probably because the translator I was using was not that good. My guess is that if you can read German, that would probably be a great source for used parts.

Hope this is helpful. Please post anything you all have learned!

Cory
    1992 325i Cabrio
    1988 320i Touring
    2000 M5
    1977 530i
    2015 328i - Euro Delivery/Performance Center Delivery
    BMWCCA
    E30CCA

Not dissimilar to what you've already said, but I ordered M40 timing belt tools from ebay.uk, and have actually been looking at timing belt kits on ebay.com.au.

You've also reminded me that I need to ping Schmiedmann about a few things.
    '89 318i Touring
    '90 Miata

Comment

I've gotten most of my parts through leebmann24.de. they can do international shipping. On average, they're prices are very good and they update inventory on a regular basis. I bought about $650(with VAT) worth of parts that would have cost more than $750 before shipping from ECS.

They also have access to a lot of parts that are "unavailable" in the states.
      Last edited by crash n' burn; 02-05-2016, 04:02 AM.
      -89' 320iT, Brilliantrot
      -15' 320i, Glacier Silver Metallic

Comment

if you bring your euro title to your dealer they can order euro specific parts like mtech bumpers.
        the e30 touring group on facebook has been a HUGE help as well, we were able to find a few small but rare parts there.
        Currently:
        1990 325i Touring LHD
        2014 X1 28i Xdrive

Comment

Originally posted by KSanchez View Post
          if you bring your euro title to your dealer they can order euro specific parts like mtech bumpers.
          the e30 touring group on facebook has been a HUGE help as well, we were able to find a few small but rare parts there.
          Awesome - did not know about the FB group!

My local dealer did not ask for a title, the euro parts they ordered just never came in. They probably just did not know how to order them correctly.
          1992 325i Cabrio
          1988 320i Touring
          2000 M5
          1977 530i
          2015 328i - Euro Delivery/Performance Center Delivery
          BMWCCA
          E30CCA

Comment

Originally posted by cory58 View Post
            Awesome - did not know about the FB group!

My local dealer did not ask for a title, the euro parts they ordered just never came in. They probably just did not know how to order them correctly.
            Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.

Hopefully that link works, they are slowly starting to warm up to Americans in there :)
            Weird that they didn't ask for your title, they scanned mine (it was a whole thing) but now I can get euro specific e30 parts I couldn't get before.
            Currently:
            1990 325i Touring LHD
            2014 X1 28i Xdrive

Comment

Blunt can hep too, he asked to see a copy of the title though.
              My Garage
              2001 Z3 2.5i Steel Gray/Black (Lexi)
              1988 325ix Diamond Schwartz/Black (Izzy)
              1989 325i Cirrus Blue/Houndstooth (Stitch)
              Feedback

Instagram: Stone.Hopkins

Comment

Love the touring group on Facebook! Bought a cargo cover with mesh divider this morning from one member and one of the guys I admin with is shipping it for me!
                Currently:
                1990 325i Touring LHD
                2014 X1 28i Xdrive

Comment

Love the touring group on Facebook! Bought a cargo cover with mesh divider this morning from one member and one of the guys I admin with is shipping it for me!
                  I do too. I about died when i saw that lachssilber mtech 2 touring being parted... and the damn spoiler was already gone.
                  '89 318i Touring
                  '90 Miata

Comment

Originally posted by Heitzke View Post
                    I do too. I about died when i saw that lachssilber mtech 2 touring being parted... and the damn spoiler was already gone.
                    He only wants 1000pounds for the kit which is a pretty great price. I considered buying it just for the bumper lol.
                    The good news about Todd getting the spoiler is that he is going to be making reproduction ones in carbon fiber.
                    Currently:
                    1990 325i Touring LHD
                    2014 X1 28i Xdrive

Comment

He only wants 1000pounds for the kit which is a pretty great price. I considered buying it just for the bumper lol.
                      The good news about Todd getting the spoiler is that he is going to be making reproduction ones in carbon fiber.
                      Oh that's really good news then. Really good price on the whole kit, but shipping would probably be a killer on it.
                      '89 318i Touring
                      '90 Miata

Comment

Originally posted by Heitzke View Post
                        Oh that's really good news then. Really good price on the whole kit, but shipping would probably be a killer on it.
                        Most of those guys won't ship overseas either.
                        Currently:
                        1990 325i Touring LHD
                        2014 X1 28i Xdrive

Comment

Home dude basically told me to fuck off about shipping stuff. I'm like wow, come to terms with the times bro, international shipping isn't even that complicated. Pass the costs down to the buyer.

His loss I guess.
                          -89' 320iT, Brilliantrot

Comment

Originally posted by crash n' burn View Post
                            Home dude basically told me to fuck off about shipping stuff. I'm like wow, come to terms with the times bro, international shipping isn't even that complicated. Pass the costs down to the buyer.

His loss I guess.
                            I agree shipping isn't that hard and of course make the buyer pay it. It took a WHILE to get any of them to take myself or my boyfriend seriously in that group because we are Americans and to ship to us.
                            there are certain guys in there that will ship overseas but it takes a while to get on their good side. I was extremely surprised when they asked me to be an admin.
                            Currently:
                            1990 325i Touring LHD
                            2014 X1 28i Xdrive

Comment

Indeed. Oh well, people can be stingy as hell..that's just how they are. Looks like I'm road tripping to half a dozen yards here his weekend to find some hidden treasures.

:hitler: won't share any of it either muahaha
                              -89' 320iT, Brilliantrot

Comment

Working...
                              X