No announcement yet.

Eibach sways and treehouse bushings install questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sorry, not familiar with the term "fux0rz", defenetely not eBoNix because I haven't heard that come up in any rap albums.
    ~ Go Canucks Go! ~

Comment

Originally posted by royalflush313
      sorry, not familiar with the term "fux0rz", defenetely not eBoNix because I haven't heard that come up in any rap albums.
      fucked

Comment

Originally posted by 808BMW
        Originally posted by royalflush313
        fucked
        so your car's paint is fucked? what does that have anything to do with the control arm bushings?
        ~ Go Canucks Go! ~

Comment

Well we are talking about the control arm bushings, so i ASSUMED we were talking about the paint on the bushings (thr in my case)

Do you have any idea of whats going wrong or just the paint? Sorry to come off like an ass but this is really pissing me off, i haven no car for friday night, and if i can't sort this out i wont have one for an autox on sunday

Comment

I will go out on a limb and say that that shouldnt be happening.

Aaron
            2008 Audi S4 Avant

Comment

Seems like the bushing is coming out, that's bad right? Just fuck me in the ass already this is pissing me off
              Did you make sure the bushing was installed properly? Because it sure was not in that picture, unless I am sorely mistaken.
              Please tell me you inserted the side with the recesses cut into them into the pegs in the frame.
              I am going to take pics to show you how to install them.

NASA MidSouth TT Director / GTS2 #018
              Mods: Coastal PS Fluid, 10w40 Oil
              Future Mods: Bosch Micro-Edge Wiper Blades, Painter's Tape, Spark Plugs, Freezer for Nutty Buddys, Adam Nitti CD's

Comment

ok, just uninstalled/reinstalled them, and I took pics. Look closely, and if you need any more pics, let me know.
                Also, my bushings are 1 year old. I know they are rusty, it happens in the northern winters.

In this pic, that is how the bushing should go in. Notice the "recesses" in the top of the bushing.

In this one, this is how it should be installed. Dont worry about the engraving being right side up. Not the recesses lining up with the "pegs" in the frame rail.

Now, this is the bushing sliding on the "pegs". They will only slide on one way.

Here we are putting the bolt in. Notice how the bolt lands on the flat side.

Here is the bushing installed. Compare yours with mine.

Future Mods: Bosch Micro-Edge Wiper Blades, Painter's Tape, Spark Plugs, Freezer for Nutty Buddys, Adam Nitti CD's

Comment

OMFGYOUARESODUMBROFL!!!!!!!111ONE

E30 ABS Pump Refurbishment Service
                  https://mtechniqueauto.com/

Comment

Seems like the bushing is coming out, that's bad right? Just fuck me in the ass already this is pissing me off
                    I am going to go out on another limb here and say...

ummmm, isn't that backwards?

Comment

Yes it was backwards in the pick *stupid me*

Either way, both sides required a BFH and every cuss word I know, and come nowhere being able to slide around. I had to put it on as close as possible to line up with the frame rail, thread one bolt in to hold it as best as possible, and hit the control arm up to twist the new thr ones in line so that the recesses fit.

Yes the pic was wrong, yes they are on my car now, yes the recesses fit the correct way, no it wasn't as easy for me as described, yes there could be other issues that caused my severe mental agony, no I am not going to deal with it anymore because it's on, it works, and thats all that matters :P

Comment

Mine slide onto the control arm with no resistance what so ever.

E30 ABS Pump Refurbishment Service
                        https://mtechniqueauto.com/

Comment

if your control arms have the paint still on them where the bushing slide on, they will be tighter than expected. The tolerances are so tight, if you have any burrs, etc, you will have "trouble" getting them on/off.

Comment

Originally posted by Skafrog
                            ok, just uninstalled/reinstalled them, and I took pics. Look closely, and if you need any more pics, let me know.
                            Also, my bushings are 1 year old. I know they are rusty, it happens in the northern winters.

In this pic, that is how the bushing should go in. Notice the "recesses" in the top of the bushing.

In this one, this is how it should be installed. Dont worry about the engraving being right side up. Not the recesses lining up with the "pegs" in the frame rail.

Now, this is the bushing sliding on the "pegs". They will only slide on one way.

Here we are putting the bolt in. Notice how the bolt lands on the flat side.

Here is the bushing installed. Compare yours with mine.
                            just wondering, are those the only two bolts that need to be removed when installing these things?

When I had my servicing done, i got my shop to install the bushings for me, I feel so cheated. :o
                            Though I'm sure I'd find some way to screw things up.
                            ~ Go Canucks Go! ~

Comment

Installing the new ones is the easy part. Removing the old OE bushings is a bitch and a half.
                              Originally posted by Gruelius
                              and i do not know what bugg brakes are.

Comment

If you can coordinate replacing control arms and bushings at the same time it makes it a hell of a lot easier. Since I had to us a BFH and a 2X4 to get the TH bushings on, it was alot easier to do with the control arms off the car and since I was throwing the old control arms away, I could remove the old lollipops and bushings at my leisure.

Comment

Working...
                                X