Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mmoyer11 View Post
    1990 325i, BC Coilover suspension. Enkei m1 16x7 +42 offset, 205/50 Yokohama S drives. How's the fitment? What would I need to clear struts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm no Mystikal by any means, but you're going to need spacers to clear. I'm guessing 15-20mm spacers would do it.

1988 E30 325iC
    sigpic

Comment

Alright,

What would be the ideal tire set up to run on a Kosie Kr6 15x8 +20 offset wheels. Full BC Coil set up. S52 swapped car, looking to go fast and not do much to make everything fit.

Do I just run my iX weaves and stop trying to fit lighter wheels?

Comment

Originally posted by mmoyer11 View Post
        Alright,

What would be the ideal tire set up to run on a Kosie Kr6 15x8 +20 offset wheels. Full BC Coil set up. S52 swapped car, looking to go fast and not do much to make everything fit.

Do I just run my iX weaves and stop trying to fit lighter wheels?

I wouldn't expect lighter wheels to have a noticeable impact on these cars. 15x8 et20 works well and fits a 205/50, should fit 205/55 too which is nice cause then your speedometer will be accurate. 225/50 might fit, but most tires in that size are for the track.

Personally, I would run whatever wheel I like the best on the car without worrying too much about the weight. Just my .02.

1988 E30 325iC
        sigpic

Comment

I have an '87 325is (early model rear arches), slightly lowered on GC 440/650. The rear lip looks to have been completely cut flush by the PO, there is nothing there. Wheels on the car from the PO are 15x7 +15 f/r with 205/50s in front and 225/50s in rear, no rubbing whatsoever, even completely slammed previously.

Would I be able to run Fifteen52 Formula TRs in a:

-16x8 +20 front with a 225 tire
          -16x9 +30 rear with a 235 or 245 tire?

Would I need any spacers with those offsets? I could also choose from a +20 rear, but I'd assume a +30 would allow for more tire in the rear, correct?

Comment

Originally posted by Nick_e30 View Post
            You told me to go 10mm spacers all around , I saw online somewhere that 10s should be avoided Cuz it doesn't fit right and you should use 12mm. Is that true?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
            Sometimes. There is no guarantee a 12mm will work either, though.

Comment

Originally posted by Von318is View Post
              Thanks for the response. Just one more thing, so if the above is the case, based on the offset and tyre combo, will there be any issues with rubbing on struts etc?
              No issue. You could even probably get away with 5mm spacers.

Comment

Originally posted by krayzi[e] View Post
                Tires! Whoops
                195/45/16 is the largest that would work.

Comment

Originally posted by gdrumm93 View Post
                  I bought a set of 16x9 ESM 002R (offset et15) wheels for my E30. I'm planning on dropping it around 2.5". Do you have any tire recommendations? I'm having trouble finding tires. I'm not opposed to stretching but I don't want anything crazy. I was thinking 225/45 but there are not many choices.
                  3mm front spacers and 205/45 tires.

Comment

Originally posted by blck325is View Post
                    1990 late model, lowered on IE STG3 and billy sport. Considering a set of 16x9.5 et44. My fenders are rolled with a slight pull. What size adapter and what is the biggest tire I can run?
                    40mm adapters to clear the struts. Once they're out that far, fitment is near impossible. Could work with a 195/45 or 205/45 with pulled arches.

Comment

Originally posted by Malcolm206 View Post
                      Jay,

Did some searching through this thread and couldn't find exactly what I was looking for. Currently running Konig 15x8 et22 with 205/50r15 all around on Bilstein sport springs and shocks and M3 offset CABs on my 88 vert. Can I get away with 5mm spacers in the rear without rubbing and in the future would I be able to fit 205/55s and/or 225 tires?
                      Yes with your existing tires, no after you upgrade to the larger sizes listed.

Comment

Originally posted by brokecollegekid View Post
                        1989 325i. Billy shocks and H&R sport springs. e38 style 5 16x8 wheels. 18 mm front and 20mm rear adapters. Probably getting 205/45/r16 tires and rolling fenders. Which tires fit the best, last the longest, and perform well? Dunlop DIREZZA DZ102, Kumho ecsta ps31, yokohama s-drives, or BF-Goodrich G-force sport comp 2?
                        The BFGs are the best overall tire there, followed by the Kumho/Yoko as a tie, then the DZ102 as a distant last place.

Comment

Originally posted by Justen View Post
                          Looking at possibly getting some e31 style 5 wheels for the e30. The specs are 17x8 et10, 17x9 et19. Will these fit an e30 coupe with no suspension mods less bilstein and h&r springs?? Or what do I need to do to make them fit?
                          Unless you buy E30 M3 hubs that won't fit.

Comment

Originally posted by pepperjackdaisy View Post
                            Love these wheels, but finding mixed answers regarding fitment. The ones I am looking at are 15x8 et10 all corners. I have an '87 325 cabrio, H&R springs, KYB shocks. I do not want to roll any fenders, just looking for a retro, unique setup for my car. Will they work and what tire size would be needed?
                            Should just barely work with 195/55/15 tires. Very aggressive fitment.

Comment

Originally posted by IRON-E View Post
                              I have some 16x8 etc 23 and 16x9 et 14, I'd like to put on my car. I'm looking to add a 15mm spacer to the 16x8 and a 10mm spacer to the 16x9.
                              What's the biggest tire size I could run, to have minimal rubbing under the fenders. My fenders are already all rolled and I'm coil overs with camber plates.
                              The rears are just too aggressive. With just front spacers and none in the rear, 205/45 all around can be fitted.

Comment

Originally posted by jchangy510 View Post
                                Looking at a set of BBS RS from ewheelworks
                                16×9″ et0 (new 3″ lips)
                                16×9.5″ et3 (new 3.5″ lips)
                                Is this setup too aggressive for an E30?
                                Yes. Back them down to 2.5/3":

16x8.5 et6
                                16x9 et10

That's perfect. Tell Paul I said hi! He built me an awesome pair of custom inner barrels for my one-off Speedlines. Great guy/service.

Comment

Working...
                                X