Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ive got a question, I dont think it has been answered in this thread.

Im thinking of ordering lips for my BBS RM's from www.kodiakmotorsports.com

The lips on the wheels are currently stock and the company offers lips in widths from 0.5"-3.0". Realistically, how wide can I go in the front and rear, and what would look best? I want to stagger the widths, so maybe a 2.5" lip in the rear and 1" or 1.5" in the front?

I just dont want to drop $xxx.xx and find out that they rub, and I cant get a refund.

Comment

Hi there fellow members, I am in need of a little help here, a member of the name 318kid on the m42club fourm told me to post this query here so here i am.

Rite let me start of by saying I love wide wheels alloys and rims. I would like to know how wide can us E30 owners go??

1. How wide can we go with rims at the rear without any extra modifications? I.e. spacers etc

2. How wide can we go with extra modifications i.e. spacers etc?

I am talking about the front and the rear how wide can we go all-round with and without extra modifications.

so far i have come across

Front wheels 17" - 8"wide

& the rear

Rear Wheels 17" - 12"wide

would this rim fitment work with our cars ? and is there any minor/major modifications that would need to be done to achive this?

Cheers guys

All help is much appreciated

Many Thanks
      Jazz

Comment

Hi all:

I'm looking for some OEM 15" Basketweaves (iX): 15x7" for my 87 E30 325i Euro spec. My question is: with a conservative tire size such as 215/205 will I need to use wheel spacers? (Due to the offset.)

And if that is the case, could someone recommend me some track proven wheel spacers, a really good brand that can withstand a couple of track days.

Thanks in advance!
        e30 diamantschwarz 325i
        http://www.flickr.com/photos/cyrmanj/

Comment

Originally posted by hugh jass View Post
          e30 m3 5 lug
          i test fit the wheels, which currently have 225/45/17 tires on them. they fit great on the back with 5mm spacers and just barely touched the front strut with a 5 mm spacer. i figure a 215/40 should barely clear the front strut housing.
          Yup, those results are what I'd expect. I'd run a 10mm all around just for safety, and with that done you should be able to shoehorn on 235/40/17. But if 215/40/17 is all you want/need, it'll definitely work nicely with a 10mm.

Comment

Originally posted by r75 View Post
            repeat customer:

15" kopis with 35mm offset on a standard e30 running 195/50's. spacers all the way around?
            Do I have to hole punch a frequent visitor card...?

If you just want a regular fitment, 15mm all around is good. But since you're going with such a tiny tire, I'm assuming you want to fill the fenders. 25mm all around will work without rolling and look pretty awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by Money$hift View Post
              Ive got a question, I dont think it has been answered in this thread.

Im thinking of ordering lips for my BBS RM's from www.kodiakmotorsports.com

The lips on the wheels are currently stock and the company offers lips in widths from 0.5"-3.0". Realistically, how wide can I go in the front and rear, and what would look best? I want to stagger the widths, so maybe a 2.5" lip in the rear and 1" or 1.5" in the front?

I just dont want to drop $xxx.xx and find out that they rub, and I cant get a refund.
              I get a lot of RM queries, whether it be in here or through PMs.

Anything bigger than a 2.0" lip (which makes the wheels 15x8 ET14) is getting into the realm of very aggressive fitment. If you want staggered, I'd suggest 1.5" front lips (15x7.5 ET20) and 2.0" rear lips (the aforementioned 15x8 ET14). With that setup I would recommend 195/55/15 all around, and you'd still definitely have to roll the rear fender lips.

If you really don't want to touch the bodywork, 1.5" lips all around with 205/50/15 tires won't need anything. Once you step past that point, you're going to need to get the roller out.

Comment

Originally posted by no1_jazz View Post
                Hi there fellow members, I am in need of a little help here, a member of the name 318kid on the m42club fourm told me to post this query here so here i am.

Rite let me start of by saying I love wide wheels alloys and rims. I would like to know how wide can us E30 owners go??

1. How wide can we go with rims at the rear without any extra modifications? I.e. spacers etc

2. How wide can we go with extra modifications i.e. spacers etc?

I am talking about the front and the rear how wide can we go all-round with and without extra modifications.

so far i have come across

Front wheels 17" - 8"wide

& the rear

Rear Wheels 17" - 12"wide

would this rim fitment work with our cars ? and is there any minor/major modifications that would need to be done to achive this?

Cheers guys

All help is much appreciated

Many Thanks
                Jazz
                All of this depends on: Suspension setup, year and model of the car, willingness to run VERY stretched tires, shop available that CAN stretch tires onto wheels, etc etc.

That said, the easiest way to go wide is to run a 17" wheel on these cars. 17x8.5 front and 17x10 rear isn't very difficult to do with a stiff suspension and tiny tires, as a few come in the right offsets already (such as Keskins in ET20 all around). But really you have to get more specific with your question, as what you're asking is very broad. Take a look at some of the answers here, with some members running 235/50/15 R-comps I'm throwing them 15x7 ET25 wheels, while I have others rolling around on 205/40/16 on 16x9 ET0 wheels, and both are completely pushing the limits of fender clearance. Once you find a wheel you like, come back and I'll tell you what you need for it to work.

Comment

Originally posted by cyrmanj View Post
                  Hi all:

I'm looking for some OEM 15" Basketweaves (iX): 15x7" for my 87 E30 325i Euro spec. My question is: with a conservative tire size such as 215/205 will I need to use wheel spacers? (Due to the offset.)

And if that is the case, could someone recommend me some track proven wheel spacers, a really good brand that can withstand a couple of track days.

Thanks in advance!
                  You will definitely need spacers for iX weaves. I'd suggest a 15mm H&R setup, and you can run up to 225/50/15 without a problem.

Comment

You will definitely need spacers for iX weaves. I'd suggest a 15mm H&R setup, and you can run up to 225/50/15 without a problem.
                    Thx, 225's sounds good!
                    e30 diamantschwarz 325i
                    http://www.flickr.com/photos/cyrmanj/

Comment

17x8 5x120, e36 parts. I'm looking to run 235/40's and gc coilover's. What would the optimum offset be? This is an early car too, if it makes a difference.
                      Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Hey, I got some new BBS RM's, 15x8" et13
                        I'm currently running on stock suspension but I plan on dropping it with Billie Sports and H&R Race's...

I need to know what tire size would fit well without my speedo. being ridiculously wrong and that's still safe for my rims

Originally posted by Janderson
                        you can have the keys to my hunk of 20+ year old West German steel when you pry them from my cold dead fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by e30_325es View Post
                          17x8 5x120, e36 parts. I'm looking to run 235/40's and gc coilover's. What would the optimum offset be? This is an early car too, if it makes a difference.
                          Any of the typical E36 offset wheels will work, ET35-40. Kind of the nice benefit of using the E36 5-lug, there are LOTS of wheels in the perfect offset.

Comment

Originally posted by theox69 View Post
                            Hey, I got some new BBS RM's, 15x8" et13
                            I'm currently running on stock suspension but I plan on dropping it with Billie Sports and H&R Race's...

I need to know what tire size would fit well without my speedo. being ridiculously wrong and that's still safe for my rims
                            195/55/15 would stay close to stock height. Even at 195, you'll still have to roll the rear arches.

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
                              195/55/15 would stay close to stock height. Even at 195, you'll still have to roll the rear arches.
                              Well right now, I'm running 195/60/15's and i haven't had to roll anything...

I know someone that's running 225/50's...without any modifications
                              will that work?

Originally posted by Janderson
                              you can have the keys to my hunk of 20+ year old West German steel when you pry them from my cold dead fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by theox69 View Post
                                Well right now, I'm running 195/60/15's and i haven't had to roll anything...

I know someone that's running 225/50's...without any modifications
                                will that work?
                                I guess the stock suspension height is saving you. As soon as that car comes down...it will most likely rub.

225/50/15 isn't even remotely an option on those wheels without fender flaring.

Comment

Working...
                                X