Canada E30 M3 S54 Swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another update,

I got the brakes and clutch all set up properly and bled. I deleted the ABS and ran the hard lines with a T fitting to the master cylinder.

Here's the oil drain line I made from the head to the pan.

For the fuel pump I used a Walbro 255 inline pump hooked up in the stock location with 12mm and 8mm fittings and the foam Walbro sleeve. I fit real nice in the stock bracket.

I'm not running the large e46 fuel filter. I decided to use the stock E30 filter and put my Fuel pressure regulator in the engine bay. I bought a barbed adaptor fitting and put it in the spot where the stock E46 Filter screwed into.

FPR in the bay.

I'm tackling some wiring today and it's going to the exhaust shop next few days. I should be firing it up within the week. Stay tuned.

Comment

Nice

Hey man great work, i will be going the same route very soon with my 325is.

Comment

hey man - my phone died so I lost your # and BBM contact. Send me a text. I'd like to have your old DME flashed this weekend sometime. Hope the "loaner" is working just fine. :)
        Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Looking good man
          sigpic
          E30love

Comment

That coolant temp is only going to measure the radiator/hose temp and not the actual engine temp as it is on the wrong side of the thermostat... and the FPR needs proper clamps, those are cutting into that cheap fuel line and will leak soon enough...
            Other than that, glad to see another S54 E30 M3 coming together!
            '88 M3.2 S54 Lachssilber/Black
            '07 335i Alpine/Black Sedan
            '12 X5 3.5i Alpine/Black
            iS Splitters For Sale, PM ME!
            sigpic

Comment

Nice work.
              Brake harder. Go faster. No shit.

massivebrakes.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Massiv...78417442267056

Comment

Question about the brake setup - how did the clevis fork line up with the pedal attachment point, I'm assuming you used the E30 fork?

Comment

Great work so far. Subscribed!

Comment

Originally posted by butters View Post
                    Question about the brake setup - how did the clevis fork line up with the pedal attachment point, I'm assuming you used the E30 fork?
                    Actually with the e23 setup the fork bolted right up to the pedal assy. It just needed to be adjusted to the right position.

I've since ditched the hydro boost setup and went with a 2002 Brake booster and welded an e30 fork onto it. I'm using the 2002 booster with a e23 MC and stock E30 m3 calipers. Brake power is good enough for what I'm using it for currently.

Comment

Originally posted by synergy141 View Post
                      Actually with the e23 setup the fork bolted right up to the pedal assy. It just needed to be adjusted to the right position.

I've since ditched the hydro boost setup and went with a 2002 Brake booster and welded an e30 fork onto it. I'm using the 2002 booster with a e23 MC and stock E30 m3 calipers. Brake power is good enough for what I'm using it for currently.
                      Interesting, hopefully I find out this week.

One other question - what thread pitch is the barbed adapter you installed into the FPR?

Comment

I know this is an old post but did you have any issue with the stock brake booster on the E30 when installing the S54 - not concerned about fitment really but I have a vehicle here in shop that has almost no assist from the brake booster since the install.

Comment

This guy stole my MSS54HP btw... he never did respond to my messages. :|
                          Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
                            That's fucking lame...
                            '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
                              Ummm... I never stole anything from you and just checked my PM history and haven’t received anything in a few years from you?? And I guess you still have my MSS54 that we traded for one another at the time. Anyways, I sent you my contact info in PM. This is the first I’ve heard of this..
                              Last edited by synergy141; 06-01-2019, 10:33 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by synergy141
                                Hey. Text me at ***-***-****. I’d like to know what this blaming me for ECU theft is all about. Thx
                                Dude. You kept my MSS54HP. I loaned it to you because your MSS54 wasn't working. Never heard from you again. I texted you multiple times and gave up. I never traded it to you.

If you want to make it right, give me back my MSS54HP, you can have your broken DME back. I'm sorry I tried to help you.
                                Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Working...
                                X