Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should a high School incident be relevant 35 years later?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So Ford is unwilling to testify under oath until after a FBI investigation is conducted (which the FBI has no interest, intention, or jurisdiction over since no federal criminal charge has been issued). When the accuser will not make an accusation under oath it ought to put this to whole fiasco to bed. Why would being under oath change anything????? Hmmm.

So you now have a 35yr old accusation, with no actual scene, without an actual date, without an actual witness, without any actual evidence, and an accuser who won’t even testify to the actual accusation. And this is all to be taken seriously? Only in Merica and only in 2018.
    Last edited by naplesE30; 09-18-2018, 06:22 PM.

Comment

Yes it should put it to bed

but of course hide behind unreasonable conditions to avoid perjuring ones self because; MISSION ACCOMPLISHED #metoo....

how to destroy a mans reputation with pure unsubstantiated allegations from an anonymous source, with a questionable story deployed with malice to assassinate a mans charter/reputation in 3 hours or less, no matter the real facts of the matter, the damage has been done.
      Last edited by mrsleeve; 09-18-2018, 07:10 PM.
      Originally posted by Fusion
      If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
      The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
      William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
        Yes it should put it to bed

but of course hide behind unreasonable conditions to avoid perjuring ones self because; MISSION ACCOMPLISHED #metoo....

how to destroy a mans reputation with pure unsubstantiated allegations from an anonymous source, with a questionable story deployed with malice to assassinate a mans charter/reputation in 3 hours or less, no matter the real facts of the matter, the damage has been done.
        I agree with everything you said. But I disagree with your outrage. The right would do this EXACT thing if it were their only option to stop a nomination. They delayed Obama's choice through other means... because they could.

I said originally I was skeptical due to the timing of the accusations and, honestly, I doubt that Kavanaugh's reputation is going to be seriously tarnished as you fear. Per your assessment, the public's memory for political scandal is about 30 seconds...
        "A good memory for quotes combined with a poor memory for attribution can lead to a false sense of originality."
        -----------------------------------------
        91 318is Turbo Sold
        87 325 Daily driver Sold
        06 4.8is X5
        06 Mtec X3
        05 4.4i X5 Sold
        92 325ic Sold & Re-purchased
        90 325i Sold
        97 328is Sold
        01 323ci Sold
        92 325i Sold
        83 528e Totaled
        98 328i Sold
        93 325i Sold

Comment

Outrage is a bit of strong word, but I am disgusted at the lengths to which the would go and the willingness to destroy a mans life AFTER the nomination if he were not be confirmed

Yes they did go after Kagan and the other one, but the stopped well short of 100% character assassination in the way Finestine and the "trump did it", Roe V. Wade is going to end frothers have engaged in. I think its painfully disgusting, and shows just how bad the politics of division have gotten but I am far from outraged by it
          Last edited by mrsleeve; 09-18-2018, 09:04 PM.
          Originally posted by Fusion
          If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
          The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
          William Pitt-

Comment

This whole affair is embarrassing for the democratic party and will probably result in mid-term losses..

if the accuser cannot remember the place or even the year of the alleged occurrence then she seems to match to profile of a typical California psychology professor...

and yes she has a lot to gain by all of this.

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
              Outrage is a bit of strong word, but I am disgusted at the lengths to which the would go and the willingness to destroy a mans life AFTER the nomination if he were not be confirmed
              Sorry, I misinterpreted the tone of your 2 posts prior to mine. Mistook the disgust for outrage. Disgust is warranted... but it's pretty warranted for both the left and the right at this point. So... yeah.

I still don't think that this is going to have any lasting affects on Kavanaugh's character or his political opportunities. If he was that worried about it (or he doesn't get confirmed), as I said, he'd sue for libel and force her to prove her statements... or pay up.

Originally posted by coldweatherblue View Post
              This whole affair is embarrassing for the democratic party and will probably result in mid-term losses...
              Embarrassing... maybe. Resulting in mid-term losses. I'm not so sure on that one. I'm waiting for a majority of the country (voters) to get fed up and vote third party. I'll be waiting until the day I die... but that's how it goes.
              "A good memory for quotes combined with a poor memory for attribution can lead to a false sense of originality."
              91 318is Turbo Sold
              87 325 Daily driver Sold
              06 4.8is X5
              06 Mtec X3
              05 4.4i X5 Sold
              90 325i Sold
              97 328is Sold
              01 323ci Sold
              92 325i Sold
              83 528e Totaled
              98 328i Sold
              93 325i Sold

Comment

Originally posted by Wschnitz View Post
                You guys are really good at attacking eachother instead of eachothers statements.
                Originally posted by Wschnitz View Post
                z31maniac likes to think hes BigBrained and talks down to everyone so, its more that then morality.

Moving on, what does morality have to do with the 6th Amendment?
                Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
                Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
                One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Originally posted by saucers View Post
                  Court of public opinion is what you're looking for.
                  I'm saying find out what happened, then confirm/don't confirm the guy.
                  It pains me that someone with your morality is allowed to vote.
                  What does morality have to do with the 6th Amendment?

Can you provide a source that shows a congressional hearing meets the rights guaranteed under the 6th Amendment?

www.gutenparts.com

Comment

Originally posted by z31maniac View Post
                    What does morality have to do with the 6th Amendment?

Can you provide a source that shows a congressional hearing meets the rights guaranteed under the 6th Amendment?
                    What does a congressional hearing have to do with the 6th Amendment?
                    This isn't a criminal case. You can't possibly be this dense.

Comment

cale, can you try? Obviously I can't help.

www.gutenparts.com

Comment

Rape is a crime, it should be a criminal case. If there is insufficient evidence to determine a crime actually took place, then the mans name should not have been sullied. The only thing dense here is people like you who think that upon a favorable outcome of the hearing, that the accused will return to their original good standing. Hell I'm not even a Yank and I can figure out that a congressional hearing is not a process by which guilt or innocence is determined, but simply an information gathering process. That's what the cops are for when a crime took place!

It's relevant to the 6th Amendment because the man is being subjected to a public investigation that no one else would be. I understand that the nature of his prospective job requires a certain level of ethically purity, but that doesn't mean he's not entitled to the same protections under the law as everyone else.

Comment

I think these accusations and the timing behind them is all bullshit. Regardless of the accused persons political party. Pretty funny that none of them reported it to the police at the time it happened, yet decades later right before the accused is about to get up in the political world they decide to make a claim.

Its political bullshit and honestly should be ignored.

Comment

Originally posted by cale View Post
                            Rape is a crime, it should be a criminal case. If there is insufficient evidence to determine a crime actually took place, then the mans name should not have been sullied. The only thing dense here is people like you who think that upon a favorable outcome of the hearing, that the accused will return to their original good standing. Hell I'm not even a Yank and I can figure out that a congressional hearing is not a process by which guilt or innocence is determined, but simply an information gathering process. That's what the cops are for when a crime took place!

It's relevant to the 6th Amendment because the man is being subjected to a public investigation that no one else would be. I understand that the nature of his prospective job requires a certain level of ethically purity, but that doesn't mean he's not entitled to the same protections under the law as everyone else.
                            *golf clap*

www.gutenparts.com

Comment

At Sen. Feinstein's next appointment I expect a GOP lobbyist to call every living graduate of her high-school class with an offer of $100k+ to casually state an accusation of harassment without evidence with the successful goal of destroying her career and family life.

Anything less would be mysandric and frankly unconscionable.

Comment

Originally posted by coldweatherblue View Post
                                At Sen. Feinstein's next appointment I expect a GOP lobbyist to call every living graduate of her high-school class with an offer of $100k+ to casually state an accusation of harassment without evidence with the successful goal of destroying her career and family life.

Anything less would be mysandric and frankly unconscionable.
                                Did I miss something? Was Ford paid?

How about we wait to see how this plays out before claiming Kavanaugh's family life and career have been ruined? I'm all for lynching the left if this turns out to be a witch hunt... but I want to know that before I start grabbing the pitch fork. I'm also all for Kavanaugh suing for libel should he be exonerated/not charged and taking everything Ford... or whoever made public the accusations has to give.

So much of today's dirty politics is conducted because it works. The knee-jerk reactions (on both sides of the aisle) have the desired results/effect.
                                91 318is Turbo Sold
                                87 325 Daily driver Sold
                                06 4.8is X5
                                06 Mtec X3
                                05 4.4i X5 Sold
                                90 325i Sold
                                97 328is Sold
                                01 323ci Sold
                                92 325i Sold
                                83 528e Totaled