Temp Gauge stuck on high

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Temp Gauge stuck on high

Recently bought a new e30 and the temp gauge is stuck on full. Without the car even running it jumps all the way and won’t come down. I made sure the nut on the back was tighten. Any other ideas?

Not sure if it makes a difference but I recently took out the cluster to change the odometer gears. And tbh I can’t remember if it worked before or not. Kinda leaning towards it was working because I’d it wasn’t I probably would have noticed it.
    All just means to an end.

if its stuck on high it means the wire that is supposed to attach to the temp sender is connected straight to ground.

so id be looking at the temp sender itself, check its resistance, dont just replace it....

and if it checks out you'll have to start tracing the wire to see where its touching ground.

Comment

Originally posted by e30davie View Post
      if its stuck on high it means the wire that is supposed to attach to the temp sender is connected straight to ground.

so id be looking at the temp sender itself, check its resistance, dont just replace it....

and if it checks out you'll have to start tracing the wire to see where its touching ground.
      And I am looking for the brown one correct?
      All just means to an end.

Comment

Brown would be the ground.
        sigpic

1999 528it - Daily Driver “Dad Wagon”
        1991 325is - 2.8L Budget Stroker Garage Slut
        1991 318is - Sold
        1986 325 - Sold

Instagram - Lamoursum

Comment

It can also be an issue in the cluster itself , if one of the 3 pins on the temp gauge itself aren’t making a contact with pcb.
          Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

Working...
          X