Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Front indicator not working, I'm stumped!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Front indicator not working, I'm stumped!

Hey Guys,

Just got myself a new 87 325 Mtech1, long story short one of the front indicators isn't working, the other is (the indicators on the front bumper, not the fenders.) So far I've done the following:

-Swap in a known working bulb, still doesn't work
    -When indicator stork is set to turn on the broken indicator, the light in the dash comes on and "ticks" as if it's working.Broken signal doesn't work.
    -When I push the hazard switch, both indicator lights on the dash light up and tick as though they are working correctly. Broken signal doesn't work.

I'm thinking it's some sort of corroded wire behind the bumper, is there any way to access this? Everyone say's their is 2 hex nuts to remove, I've removed them but the Mtech1 bumper is all one piece, I've got no idea how to remove it, ideas?

TIA!

you have to take out the the 2 little plastics infront , pry them with a flat head. they are about 1 inch in size each, on each side on the front bumper and youll see its 1 nut on each side in the front.
    inside the fender youll have 1 bolt on each side. loosen those and the front euro bumper should come out.
    youll then be able to access the turn signals lights on the euro bumper. hope that helps.
    im assuming you have never pulled the front euro bumper.

Comment

Originally posted by efficient View Post
      you have to take out the the 2 little plastics infront , pry them with a flat head. they are about 1 inch in size each, on each side on the front bumper and youll see its 1 nut on each side in the front.
      inside the fender youll have 1 bolt on each side. loosen those and the front euro bumper should come out.
      youll then be able to access the turn signals lights on the euro bumper. hope that helps.
      im assuming you have never pulled the front euro bumper.
      Thanks man! I've removed the front bolts, however can you clarify the location of the ones inside the fender? I'm confused, thanks!

Comment

turn your steering wheel so you can access the inside of fender. on the end cap of the euro bumper on the inside of the fender youll see 1 bolt on each side. loosen those and the bumper should come off then youll be able to access the wires behind the euro bumper.

Comment

Originally posted by efficient View Post
          turn your steering wheel so you can access the inside of fender. on the end cap of the euro bumper on the inside of the fender youll see 1 bolt on each side. loosen those and the bumper should come off then youll be able to access the wires behind the euro bumper.
          Man I still got no idea, should it look like this?:

Discover the magic of the internet at Imgur, a community powered entertainment destination. Lift your spirits with funny jokes, trending memes, entertaining gifs, inspiring stories, viral videos, and so much more from users.

Comment

OK so managed to get the bumper off, and remove the indicator housing, the connector that connects the loom to the incidactor bulb housing was very corroded, so I chopped and stripped back the wires from the connector and put a multi meter over the wires, still barely any voltage at all, no where close to 12V thats for sure, ideas?

Comment

you turned on the switch and put the meter on? just asking because ive been guilty of that.
              check the wire maybe its cut somewhere else.
              maybe your battery is low.

Comment

Sounds like bad battery, possibly a corroded fuse, and/or a bad ground.
                Interested in vintage cars? Ever thought about racing one? Info, photos, videos, and more can be found at www.michaelsvintageracing.com!

Elva Courier build thread here!

Comment

Working...
                X