No announcement yet.

Electric to Manual top conversion 2017 edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On mine the lower mount is missing but it is not needed the rod pushes on the "floor" of the enclosure and works fine.

[IMG]https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/my350z.com-vbulletin/550x225/80-parkerbsig_5096690e71d912ec1addc4a84e99c374685fc03 8.jpg[/IMG

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyP View Post
      What do you actually get with it?
      I just built a McMaster Carr order with a handful of materials to make up a pretty slick version that will lock it from the trunk and I keep coming up with less than $30 including shipping?

Actually I drove mine yesterday and to be honest unless I did a full Dukes Of Hazard jump over a river bed at 100 MPH I can't imagine a scenario where that lid comes open with no lock at all.

A few weeks ago I drove with top down and no latching on the tonneau to Watkins Glen to watch a race @ 80 MPH for 2 hours each way and it never moved.
      Keep it simple. There's no need to over complicate things. You only need a wedge to ensure it doesn't fly open...that's it. It doesn't need to be locked or strapped down.
      "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
      88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
      89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
      91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

You have PM
        sigpic

Comment

Working...
        X