brake upgrade for booster less setup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

brake upgrade for booster less setup

Nearing completion of my m62 swap I am looking for a brake upgrade. Im running the remote wilwood masters and garagistic pedal box setup. i have driven the car a few times and the brakes are decent. Im just trying to see if i can run a larger caliper (rx7,five lug or any bkk) without messing with the fluid ratio my master is delivering.

any info would be great.
    M30 is God's motor.....but Jesus drives an M60'd car -slammin.e28

Are you running dual 5/8"?

I've run E36 M3 front brakes with a 5/8" manual master and the performance is actually pretty good. It'd be a lot more confidence inspiring than stock brakes lol.

Originally posted by whysimon
    WTF is hello Kitty (I'm 28 with no kids and I don't have cable)

Comment

Originally posted by FredK View Post
      Are you running dual 5/8"?

I've run E36 M3 front brakes with a 5/8" manual master and the performance is actually pretty good. It'd be a lot more confidence inspiring than stock brakes lol.
      Yes I do have the duel 5/8! this is good information. you obviously had to go five lug with the e36 brake correct?

Comment

Yup, I swapped to 5 lug. If you have 4 lug wheels already, I think the Massive BBK makes a lot of sense.

Comment

Originally posted by FredK View Post
          Yup, I swapped to 5 lug. If you have 4 lug wheels already, I think the Massive BBK makes a lot of sense.
          Yea I agree the only worry I have is the fluid ratio, I think that's what it's called. Like will the 5/8 move the massive bbk pistons like it's supposed to for the stock e30 caliper?

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

Comment

Yes. The Massive kit uses a wilwood caliper that has multiple options for piston sizing, so you can choose the right one for you.

Comment

Also massive street kit looks very similar to the rx7-vw brake kit witch could be ha for cheaper. Possibly going that route

Comment

I guess what I'm trying to get at is what size caliper will work with the 5/8 master..

Comment

I would like info on this as well before I finish everything up

I am planning on installing 3/4 bore wilwood masters and using E36 M3 front and E46 325i rear calipers.
                  '86 E30
                  '05 E53 X5
                  '72 Firebird
                  '10 Prius
                  '03 Tundra

Comment

Wilwood and probably Massive use the same formulas to figure out the right combination of piston size to MC. Good to know Massive BBK has a selection of pistons! I may be going this route as well.
                    Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

I contacted lee at massive and he said the 1.375" will work with the single master for the front/rear. I will be ordering the kit soon and will provide feed back on the feel/stoping power.

Comment

Working...
                      X