No announcement yet.

German Engineering Suspension GB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

never mind i just figured it out thier was just a shit load of dried up dirt that needed to be cleared out lol

BUILD-http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=242728

Comment

Harry, would u mind posting some pics of your setup as you get it done so i can see how low you went in the front thanks/... reason i am asking is because i am trying to decide if i should cut or not cut depending on how low this goes as is...
      sigpic

Comment

yeah definitely all try and finish it up tomorrow and will take lots of pics

BUILD-http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=242728

Comment

Yeyyyy
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Harry's E30 View Post
            never mind i just figured it out thier was just a shit load of dried up dirt that needed to be cleared out lol
            Hahaha

1987 Alpinweiß 325is

Like the PNW E30 Local Crew Facebook page

Comment

Einstein you cannot accept any more pm's. Also, when you say to cut the stock spring bucket off, does it require welding on a new perch or just leaving enough of the stock part on there for the sleeve to ride on? I'm used to shortening GC's where a completely new collar/perch is welded on.

Max

Comment

Originally posted by broke30 View Post
                Einstein you cannot accept any more pm's. Also, when you say to cut the stock spring bucket off, does it require welding on a new perch or just leaving enough of the stock part on there for the sleeve to ride on? I'm used to shortening GC's where a completely new collar/perch is welded on.

Max

If you're not running shortened shocks like GC's then you can just leave the weld from the stock spring perch. Cut everything off from the perch except the weld and of course the strut tube.

Flickr

@michael.colby on Instagram

"All he needed was a wheel in his hand and four on the road"

Comment

Those of you running shortened shocks, what are you using for the spacer at the bottom? Just a ring piece of steel or what?

Flickr

@michael.colby on Instagram

"All he needed was a wheel in his hand and four on the road"

Comment

Einstein, cant send u pm.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by rares View Post
                      Einstein, cant send u pm.
                      x2, but it's about something else. :)
                      EuropeanAG.com - Owner/Founder
                      CamberWears.com - Co-Founder
                      1978 VW Rabbit - SOLD
                      1991 BMW 325iC - 3 year project (year 2)
                      1992 VW Cabriolet - Wife's Project
                      1998 VW Jetta Wolfsburg - SOLD
                      2006 Audi A3 Sportswagon - SOLD

2007 Toyota Tundra - (my daily)
                      2009 Ford Flex - Baby mobile - Traded

2013 Volkswagen CC Sport - (wife's DD)

-"A little bit awesomely"

Comment

Originally posted by noE30 View Post
                        If you're not running shortened shocks like GC's then you can just leave the weld from the stock spring perch. Cut everything off from the perch except the weld and of course the strut tube.
                        Thank you, that's exactly what I needed to know. Still waiting on einstein to clear pm's!

Max

Comment

My order came in last night. Everything looks great except I did not receive the dust boots I ordered. I know it got kind of confusing with payments coming from both google and paypal. If you could ship those to me, that'd be great. I don't mind throwing in some extra shipping for them. I tried sending you a PM but it's full. Anyways, the kit looks great. Thanks again.

Comment

Originally posted by Harry's E30 View Post
                            Im a little confused i got the rear done no problems but in the front i noticed the sleeve doesnt go low enough for the shock to tighten does this mean i neet to cut the factory spring perch? also any of you guys who have installed the camber plates i was wondering what the order is for the washers thanks
                            Two spacers go on the bottom one goes on the top. The sleeve is a spare that is a slightly larger diameter in case you are running a non e30 specific insert.

Originally posted by broke30 View Post

Max

Sorry. Been getting close to 700 pms a month.

Here is how i cut off the factory lower perch. This is on an old 745i turbo we did this weekend.

Step 1) Cut an even line all the way around

Step 2) Free up with a hammer. You do not need to cut 100% through. (The rustier the hammer the better)

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

www.gecoils.com
                            My euro 316 project Transaction Feedback

Comment

What is a good way to contact you?

Comment

Originally posted by twism View Post
                                What is a good way to contact you?
                                By Owl
                                '89 Delphin 2.8 Cabrio
                                '94 Yamaha FZR 600

Originally posted by FlexdXJ
                                Is that thing on air?