Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I feel every single bump,crack, pebble onthe road it's worst cause my widows rattle l

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I feel every single bump,crack, pebble onthe road it's worst cause my widows rattle l

Hey everyone.. so this is my 1st e30, it's a 1987 325i convertible. I'm not sure how the ride is supposed to feel but man it's a rough one unless the road is smooth. What makes it worst all the rattle in the cabin from the windows and other random things.

Is there way to tighten the window glass ?, or maybe change the seals on my top so the window sit in place better ? What I was really thinking is getting the ecs tuning Front and rear suspension refresher kit..with Hopes that it makes a huge difference

What I have on the car now

Wheels: Jnc 16x8 RS reps with bf goodrich g force sport comp2, 205/45/16 a little bit of tire stretch

Front: Bc racing coilovers set to the softest setting. lowered, I can fit two fingers from the tire to the wheel well .. stock sway bar

Rear: I will be installing Hyperco springs with Ireland engineering hight adjusters and koni yellows and new shock mounts

Thanks for the help everyone 🤞🏼

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Mixedbyjairo; 03-23-2017, 03:37 PM.

How are the rest of the bushings? X brace could help reign things in, especially since you're lowered...
    sigpic
    Current:
    92 325ic Mtech 770
    99’ 528it
    Past:
    02’ 325it - 88' 735i - 88' 325ic - 89' 325is - 85' 325e
    90' 535i - 95' 530i - 03' 530i - 88' 325ic

Comment

You should be able to fix the rattles. Pull your door cards and see what's going on...
      sigpic
      Current:
      92 325ic Mtech 770
      99’ 528it
      Past:
      02’ 325it - 88' 735i - 88' 325ic - 89' 325is - 85' 325e
      90' 535i - 95' 530i - 03' 530i - 88' 325ic

Comment

Originally posted by ezrez View Post
        How are the rest of the bushings? X brace could help reign things in, especially since you're lowered...

I haven't checked The front, the rear needs to get changed.. I was wondering if a x brace would help

Comment

X brace, switch out the coilovers for something more street-able, replace all the rubber bushings, etc. Even if the car is low mileage, all the rubber wears out over time. Even more if it's over 150k miles. My car rattled like hell at 130k. I refreshed the entire front end (sway bar bushings, control arms, tie rods, lollipops, etc.) and it was substantially better. Since then I've added softer struts and thicker sidewall tires but I have yet to test those out since it's getting body work.

Comment

Originally posted by exhaust View Post
            X brace, switch out the coilovers for something more street-able, replace all the rubber bushings, etc. Even if the car is low mileage, all the rubber wears out over time. Even more if it's over 150k miles. My car rattled like hell at 130k. I refreshed the entire front end (sway bar bushings, control arms, tie rods, lollipops, etc.) and it was substantially better. Since then I've added softer struts and thicker sidewall tires but I have yet to test those out since it's getting body work.

That's what I gathered from what I
            looked.. basically undo everything I did lol

What springs and struts and tires did you go with ?

Comment

Koni Yellows / H&R Sports. I think you and I talked via Craigslist a little while back, I was selling my Bilstien setup. Tires are Dunlop Direzza DZ 102 and the size is 205/55/15.

Comment

Yeah, we definitely did , I live in NJ, thanks for he help man I spent a lot of money on the wrong things, see if I could sell some of this stuff

Are you running coupe or vert specific H&R I see people run coupe I guess to get lower

Comment

NP. Someone will definitely buy those parts, either on the classifieds here or locally. I'm running vert specific springs now and my Eibach's were vert specific too. The H&Rs are a little high for my taste so I'm hoping that they sag a little bit once the car gets some miles on it.

Comment

NP. Someone will definitely buy those parts, either on the classifieds here or locally. I'm running vert specific springs now and my Eibach's were vert specific too. The H&Rs are a little high for my taste so I'm hoping that they sag a little bit once the car gets some miles on it.

I saw your build, your car is where I want to be. S52..and interior is awesome.. body kit is dope..

Comment

Body kit is gone now lol. Got pretty banged up in the crash. I've got MT1 skirts and MT2 front and rear bumpers going on. It actually got loaded and sent to the body shop this morning. Fix the damage, two rust spots, paint the new parts and respray the hood.

Comment

Body kit is gone now lol. Got pretty banged up in the crash. I've got MT1 skirts and MT2 front and rear bumpers going on. It actually got loaded and sent to the body shop this morning. Fix the damage, two rust spots, paint the new parts and respray the hood.

Nice man, MT2 is going to look nice

Comment

Have you tried lowering drop hat in the front?

Comment

regarding the rattling windows ... i had this same issue on my 1st cabrio in '98 ...

until the root of the problem is fixed, a temporary & simple solution is to just raise the window from its 'down' position up to about 5" high from the sill ... most of the rattling will cease ...it will also help cut down on the wind turbulence in the cabin ... & ... once you have done this ... it will then, consequently, help you determine if & where the other door noises are coming from through the process of elimination
                            '92 alpinweiss 5spd cabrio w/mtech appearance package & factory hardtop
                            '95 alpinweiss 528iT
                            '88 dodge ram 50 sport cab

Comment

Originally posted by ryan SF cabrio View Post
                              regarding the rattling windows ... i had this same issue on my 1st cabrio in '98 ...

until the root of the problem is fixed, a temporary & simple solution is to just raise the window from its 'down' position up to about 5" high from the sill ... most of the rattling will cease ...it will also help cut down on the wind turbulence in the cabin ... & ... once you have done this ... it will then, consequently, help you determine if & where the other door noises are coming from through the process of elimination

Thanks, what do think the root of the problem is ?

Comment

Working...
                              X