Fender

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fender

Can anyone confirm this: are all the E30 convertible fenders the same? I am in process to buy one for my 325es the seller told me they are not the same and can not fit mine thanks.

Wrong section of the forums, but vert fenders won't fit coupe/sedan properly.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Comment

All E30 convertible fenders are indeed the same, but convertible fenders do not fit two or four door sedans. This has been covered numerous times over many years. Please use the search function!
      Originally posted by kronus
      would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

The vert fender flares out an inch or so at the crease just above the rocker panel. (I found this out the hard and painful way).

I enthusiastically crushed my original alpine white driver side fender mobbing near Berk. I found a reasonably priced near pristine replacement alpine white vert hood and fenders on Craig’s-list and bought them Without doing the proper research; I have a 87 325e sedan (z3 short shifter with dssr, tuner chip, and a (Hoaming built )z3 3.23 lsd).

Keeping to what I call the spirit of the e30 drift community I elected to make the vert fender fit my car by Frankensteining the two fenders!
        I located a mom and pops auto body shop in East Oakland that were willing to cut and weld the fenders together and Bamm!! Worked out great.

I had to raise the rocker panel paint line on both sides to blend or hide the seam but it came out alright IMO. I ll post some pics shortly:)

Comment

Working...
        X