Fredrik The Convertible

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fredrik The Convertible

So it's been about 2 years since I've had a BMW and man am I glad to be back. Last time I was here I was on car number 3 (1994 530i 5 Speed) and two years later this e30 is now my 20th car lol. I picked it up Saturday night (8/19/17) in San Diego for $2,000. It's a 1991 325i convertible 5 speed manual! The guy said he was the 3rd owner and had owned it for about 4 years. It was his daily and he was ready to sell it or trade for a Honda.............. So I'm not really sure if he knew what was done to the car as he didn't advertise that it had lowering springs, cibie headlights with city lights, braided steel break lines, upgraded sway bars, and a strut tower bar. He did tell me it had a Turner Motorsport chip in it and he had the top replaced in January of this year. He also had receipts for the timing belt, water pump, and a few other maintenance items he had done last year. So far it runs great and I've probably put about 500 miles on it so far. The things I need to adress are a leaky valve cover gasket, no radio or speakers, speedometer doesn't work, coolant level sensor is bad, cruise control doesn't work, and there's no belt for the AC compressor. It needs a few interior pieces and it has a few dents but man does it drive great. I have plenty of plans and ideas of what I want to do to it but right now I'm going to fix all the little things and try to make it as OEM++ as possible.

And here are the pictures from the criaglsit ad.

Last edited by Luke Girard; 10-27-2017, 12:06 AM.

Looks nice but I'm pretty sure 90 was the last year for diving boards on convertibles. (the pic in my sig is a 90 cabrio).

[IMG]https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/my350z.com-vbulletin/550x225/80-parkerbsig_5096690e71d912ec1addc4a84e99c374685fc03 8.jpg[/IMG

Comment

Originally posted by parkerbink View Post
      Looks nice but I'm pretty sure 90 was the last year for diving boards on convertibles. (the pic in my sig is a 90 cabrio).
      It says 1991 on the title but I just looked at the tag in the door and it's says 07/90 so I'm not sure how it could be titled as a 91? Weird lol
      Last edited by Luke Girard; 08-21-2017, 07:55 PM.

Comment

My '92 has a 5/92 build date but my 2003 X5 had an 11/02 so I guess there is a cutoff for build date/model year.

I suppose there has to be a cut off, maybe you have the last diving board car?
        Last edited by parkerbink; 08-21-2017, 08:27 PM.

[IMG]https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/my350z.com-vbulletin/550x225/80-parkerbsig_5096690e71d912ec1addc4a84e99c374685fc03 8.jpg[/IMG

Comment

That could be possible? I'd love to get some euro bumpers for it. But that'll be in a few years when I'm finished with college and finally start my career.

Comment

I believe 09/90 was the cutoff date for diving boards on verts. My 10/90 cabrio has/had plastics.

Comment

God I love this thing. I can't wait to start fixing it up! I did install my auto dim rearview mirror I just need to grab a wiring harness for it and put on my BMW motorsport door handles =)

Comment

She passed SMOG today! I didn't even have to fix anything =) and it was only $15 to transfer it into my name. I'd say today's a win!

Comment

Took some photos on my lunch break with some friends from class. =) Man does the e30 look so good!

Last edited by Luke Girard; 10-12-2017, 09:41 PM.

Comment

I got a dash camera for my birthday today! Hopefully I never have to send footage to my insurance. I have full coverage but I do like the added security!

Comment

Had some doughnuts for my birthday!

Comment

She's been so reliable! I haven't had one problem with her yet. Just saving up to fix her up a bit. Here are some photos =)

Comment

Did a vin check and found out I'm only the 4th owner! And there are no accidents reported! Sweet and it's a Cali car so that awesome to know officially =)

Comment

So I finally got a stereo! There was no headunit or speakers in the car when I bought it. I got a JVC Headunit and four 2 way pioneer speakers for $60. The speakers were used but the headunits brand new. It doesn't have Bluetooth but it was cheep and has AUX/USB. For $60 it sounds pretty good and now I don't have to use my Bluetooth speaker as a radio.

Comment

My key broke off in the ignition this weekend. I couldn't get the tumbler out of the steering column and ended up breaking it. So today I'm driving down the hill to pick up a new steering colum and a few other little parts. Hopefully I'll have time tomorrow to take the old one out and get everything back together =)

Comment

Working...
                              X