Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Julien View Post
    nice! what part of SF?
    I used to be in the Marina but I'm in Santa Rosa now. Forgot to update my profile.
    1987 325 Turbo

Comment

09/05/17

So today Luna failed smog for the second time. In both tests there was no CO% at 25mph and my NO% was also too high on both tests. I've replaced all basic items besides my O2 sensor. Would that be my problem?

1987 325 Turbo

Comment

Looks great with the "new" trunk lid. I cant help with the smog issue, but the 02 sensor is definitely something Id replace
        Simon
        Current Cars:
        -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Too lean.
          "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
          88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
          89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
          91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

Subd

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            i love bmws

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

I would try injector cleaner, fuel filter, smoke test and O2 sensor.
              Build Threads:
              Pamela/Bella/Betty/325ix/5-Lug Seta/S60R/Miata ITB/Miata Turbo/Miata VVT/951/325xi-6

Comment

I'm getting an O2 sensor in the mail today so hopefully that solves it. The one on the car looks like the original. If that doesn't work I'll try the injectors, already have a new filter. Sprayed carb cleaner all over and not even the slightest increase in revs so I'm pretty sure it's the O2 sensor.

Update on the MTech valance: seller is having a hard time finding a proper box so I think I'm going to drive to San Diego this weekend to pick it up. Rather do that than risk damage.
                1987 325 Turbo

Comment

You are getting there. Nice progress. My mtech II car has had the interior changed out for black in one of its previous lives. Since your title is salvage, it probably won't matter if you change yours out too.

It's gonna be really tough to find an original cardinal cabby interior in good shape. Almost as hard as finding parchment parts. I actually know of a guy in Burlingame that had a red set about three years ago. Never saw it, but he said it was in great shape. Wish I could find his number for you.

As to smog, it could also be leaky intake gasket or intake boot. Spray carb cleaner all around there while the car is idling. If the engine rpm changes, you have found the culprit.

I can't believe you found a husco in the jy. Nice score!!!!
                  Last edited by flyboyx; 09-07-2017, 09:09 AM.
                  sigpic
                  Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
                  92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
                  88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
                  88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
                  87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
                  12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

This is probably my issue.
                    Attached Files
                    1987 325 Turbo

Comment

I drove to San Diego Friday night and arrived around 8am to pick up the MTech II valance. Just got back today around 6pm and replaced the O2 sensor. Tried the stomp test after driving like 10 miles on the street/highway and got a 1444. Things are looking good. I just removed the original front valance to straighten it out and prime it white. I didn't know it still went underneath the MTII valance. I didn't take pics since it's late, I'll post pics tomorrow. You can see updates on my Insta at instagram.com/iso_hi.
                      1987 325 Turbo

Comment

Just gave you a follow on the gram. Looking good man.

i love bmws

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Shit.

Failed for the 3rd time. I have a free retest. Not sure what to do.

BONUS: Previous smog was done a year ago and passed fine. Trying to get history on what was done (or wasn't) in the last year. Should have asked all this before buying but I was too excited on the MTech kit.

1987 325 Turbo

Comment

Damn!! Did you follow the advice I posted above?
                            sigpic
                            Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
                            92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
                            88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
                            88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
                            87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
                            12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

You still in Santa Rosa ? I may know a place that could help ya out in napa. Unless you're trying to do it the legit way. Pm for details.

i love bmws

Comment

You still in Santa Rosa ? I may know a place that could help ya out in napa. Unless you're trying to do it the legit way. Pm for details.

i love bmws

Comment

Working...
                                X