Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would you let a stranger rent your BMW via the Turo App? I'm renting a Porsche 911

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BillBrasky View Post
    I'm pretty sure that C4S has snow tires on it in the picture.
    Yes it for sure does. Keep in mind we're entering snow season in CO. Probably silly NOT to have snows on it.
    2007 Big Twin Turbo 335i + 1989 E30 Track Car

Comment

Originally posted by Kershaw View Post
      Yeah, if you manage to rent it out 4-6 times a month, that's the car payment.
      But it's not worth it, it's just a crap idea. You're renting your car out, it's going to get beat on at the very least, and it's going to wind up abused, dirty, maybe crashed.

IG @turbovarg
      '91 318is, M20 turbo
      [CoTM: 4-18]
      '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
      - updated 3-17

Comment

Originally posted by Hooffenstein HD View Post
        Not an E30. E30's are usually modified to our tastes and a lot harder to replace.

However, it would be a good way to help pay off a new 235i, or something that can be easily replaced if something does happen.
        I have both of these cars (E30 and M235i) and wouldn't let a stranger within ten feet of either without me in the vicinity. I am WAY too anal to allow some overweight gassy noob of a manual driver slide his riveted jeans down my perfect terra brown bolsters and mess with my sirius presets.

As far as my E30, they wouldn't know how to start it or roll down the window without breaking something (and that's the way i like it).
        1987 Delphin/Black BMW 325i & 2016 Mineral Grey/Terra BMW M235i
        BMW CCA #485408

Comment

Not a chance. There are maybe 5 people I'd trust my car with enough to even consider lending it out, and they are family or extremely close friends.
          Estoguy
          1986 BMW 325, Alpenweiss ~ "Elsa"

Need a photographer, come visit my site: http://estoguy.wix.com/unique-perspectives

Comment

No way.

But I would rent other peoples cars.
            1990 325i
            2004 330i Individual 6-speed
            sigpic

Comment

I might consider renting out my 335d, since it's just a plain ol' new-ish sedan. Even with 520 ft-lbs it's still easy af to drive. The e30 though? No way. Too temperamental, too much stuff to go wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by estoguy View Post
                Not a chance. There are maybe 5 people I'd trust my car with enough to even consider lending it out, and they are family or extremely close friends.
                This is where I am also on my E30s. I don't even trust myself behind the wheel let alone a stranger.

Comment

Besides all the good reasons posted about why not to do this what do you do if the car breaks down or worse, is in an accident and YOU as the registered owner get sued ?

This is just a VERY bad idea IMO.
                  Seat Shocks....I have passed the baton to John Christy from Ninestitch. Email John or Garrett at ninestitch1@gmail.com

https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...86#post4944786
                  Alice the Time Capsule
                  http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=360504
                  87 Zinno Cabrio barn find 98k and still smells like a barn. Build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...20#post3455220

Comment

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
                    1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
                    Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
                    Mtech 2 turbo restoration
                    Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

I'd never rent out my cars, but I would definitely take that GT3 for a day...

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                        I would rent other peoples cars, but mine?... nope. I let a good friend borrow my car once and you saw how that worked out
                        =[
                        Current:
                        1989 325i
                        1988 M3
                        1987 325ic
                        Past:
                        2001 330ci
                        2001 M3

Comment

If the price was right of course I would rent certain cars just to try them out. I have driven the absolute $#!+ out of every rental I've had and that is why I would never rent out my own. I mean, who babies a rental?
                          Well this one time I rented a lotus elise and my nagging wife was watching the speed on the GPS like a hawk. The next time she didn't get to come along.
                          sigpic
                          1991 318is x 2 .

Comment

Hell no. Plus, I don't think the average joe is going to want to rent an "old ass bmw" on this app.
                            Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

Originally posted by straight6pwr View Post
                              wow, i can't possibly see insurance companies being OK with this. most of them won't cover your spouse or children as drivers unless they are specifically stated on your account, let alone complete strangers.

there must be a super long legal disclaimer (in the favor of the owner) that probably says you are responsible for an engine overhaul if a bug splats on the radiator. or, maybe these are just dealers or rental agencies posing as regular people?

rental agencies already rent high end stuff like this, Hertz rents brand new proshe, lambo, bmws, etc some cities dont offer it, its just crazy $$$ per day to cover their ass

Please leave feedback below, thanks

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=358170

Comment

A hired car is the fastest car on the road.

-Topgear

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                                Derek-

Comment

Working...
                                X