Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

E30 Dash, HAVC , rear ash tray lights are out - Help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E30 Dash, HAVC , rear ash tray lights are out - Help!

Hey guys. Hopefully someone can guide me with this issue. So I started doing my dash swap on this weekend. I was able to remove it with out any issues, made sure to document what went were by taking photos with my phone. After a few issues with installing the crack free dash (FUN FACT: Not all dashes are created equal), I wanted to make sure all the dash bulbs were replaced before reinstalling everything. So I went ahead and bought new bulbs, replaced each one and tested them out by turning the ignition switch on. As I was reinstalling the lower parts of the dash. I noticed the lights (Dash, hvac, Rear ash tray were flickering on and off. The battery shortly died after that (I had left the light on and key in the ignition when I left for a short break) Anyways, I took the battery to get recharged, When I came back and reinstalled the battery, I noticed the mention lights weren't working. I'm going to check all the fuses tonight and go from there. I did notice the headlight switch bulb still worked and dimmed when turning the headlight switch. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. This dash install has been kicking my butt for 3 days now...

And yes, I realize now the having the battery connected during the dash install was probably not the best idea but too late for that now.
    sigpic
Working...
X