No announcement yet.

This is Photography

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did some cheating in photoshop after figuring out I really need a telephoto.

20180129-MoonComposite by William Snitselaar, on Flickr

Composite from 10-20MM and 50MM Lenses.
    1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
    willschnitz

Comment

That'd be a cool photo to put on the wall in winter.

Comment

You are over exposed for the moon. WAY overexposed. I'd try F8 1/200 at ISO 100. Getting your tree to show up might be tough however. You might try light painting the tree while exposing for the moon.

Will
        '59 Alfa Romeo 101.02 Giulietta Sprint
        '69 Alfa Romeo 105.51 1750 GTV (R.I.P)
        '69 Datsun 2000 roadster Vintage race car
        '88 BMW M3

Comment

Originally posted by BlackbirdM3 View Post
          You are over exposed for the moon. WAY overexposed. I'd try F8 1/200 at ISO 100. Getting your tree to show up might be tough however. You might try light painting the tree while exposing for the moon.

Will
          Thats why I cheated.

TBH I Could have gotten something decent without making a Composite but It was -10*C and I had no gloves.
          willschnitz

Comment

Originally posted by Wschnitz View Post
            Thats why I cheated.

TBH I Could have gotten something decent without making a Composite but It was -10*C and I had no gloves.
            If you are going to cheat, at least use good images. The tree is fine, that moon is terrible. I guess it could be said that this is an example why cheating is bad. hahaha.

Will
            '88 BMW M3

Comment

20180125-_MG_1467-2 by William Snitselaar, on Flickr
              20180131-_MG_1617 by William Snitselaar, on Flickr
              20180131-_MG_1598 by William Snitselaar, on Flickr

I kind of want the new 50mm 1.2f for the memes. But should honestly be saving for a telephoto.
              willschnitz

Comment

20180122-IMG_1433-2 by William Snitselaar, on Flickr
                20180122-IMG_1441 by William Snitselaar, on Flickr
                20180122-IMG_1417-2 by William Snitselaar, on Flickr
                20180122-IMG_1426-2 by William Snitselaar, on Flickr
                The Key to my survival in Wisconsin is actually going outside to take pictures.
                willschnitz

Comment

A few shots from this morning (no cheating)

As I literally ran out the door late for work.

Will
                  '88 BMW M3

Comment

A lot easier to see the moon with a ~300mm eh

I was going to go out and try but it snowed so couldn't see shit.

Love the patterns in these leaves on a wall on campus, gonna have to remember to take near identical shots and do a 4 season type photo.

20180131-_MG_1668 by William Snitselaar, on Flickr
                    willschnitz

Comment

This last shot is great! Would make for a nice background.

Instagram: Reichart12

Comment

Found a new favorite area for pictures, probably going to take portraits of myself and others here in the future.
                        20180214-_MG_2346 by William Snitselaar, on Flickr
                        20180214-_MG_2280 by William Snitselaar, on Flickr
                        20180214-_MG_2370 by William Snitselaar, on Flickr
                        20180214-_MG_2393 by William Snitselaar, on Flickr
                        20180214-_MG_2354 by William Snitselaar, on Flickr

Im debating about picking up a Minolta 70-210 f/4 and an adapter ring. $100 for a telephoto with nice glass is kind of a steal, worried it wont play well with my DSLR though.

This summer I am hoping to save enough after truck mods for the Sigma 150-600mm Contemporary or the Tamron 150-600mm G2.

Boy needs a telephoto/supertelephoto.
                        willschnitz

Comment

holy cow!!!! these are freaking badass pictures. I normally don't really get into pictures and cameras but these are really cool

A few shots from this morning (no cheating)

Will

Comment

Originally posted by superj View Post
                            holy cow!!!! these are freaking badass pictures. I normally don't really get into pictures and cameras but these are really cool
                            The first pic is actually a crop of the last pic, but reworked as black and white. The rest were shot hand held with my 500mm lens. The last one is one I shot as I walked out my door on my way to work, saw the eclipse was still happening, saw the fog in the valley and ran back inside grabbed the camera and shot it. I knew there was a high probability of it being badass, but didn't know till I got home from work and processed the pic.

Will
                            '88 BMW M3

Comment

So....got bit by the dslr bug recently. I put it off forever.

I use to be a pro video guy, so the whole digital SLR was off putting to me. A DSLR is the wrong form factor, no smooth zoom servo ENG lenses, no mounts for lights, shotgun, or battery pack ... and can't carry it balanced on your shoulder for hours. My go to camera was a Sony DSR-500/300. You can rock that camera for hours on end.

So I purposely picked up a older Canon t3i, non-full frame, and loaded up magic lantern on it for video. It came with the two kit lenses, flexible, but not that interesting. So got a nifty 50, and looking to get a 11-18mm ultra wide angle.

Add/adapting that to some audio gear that I have, and re buying some lighting that is now 1/10th the price thanks to china, looks like a good time.

Guess I'll have to get a cage to to attach everything, but so far, it's fun to shoot raw, and it's almost a crutch to use that level of flexibility.

A video shoot that is impressive for the lack of a $2k camera, and just a tripod, two lenses and a slider:

I shot this film of a small hill-town in Italy in order to give the rest of the world a taste of its enthralling natural and anthropological beauty, a simple exercise…
                              Last edited by george graves; 02-25-2018, 04:17 AM.
                              Originally posted by Matt-B
                              hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

For a wide angle id suggest the Canon 10-22mm:

If its just for photos or if you are planning on doing IS in post, not taking video with it, etc. It is very good about not distorting the whole picture, even at wide open. I love mine. The barrel distortion is almost unnoticeable, honestly almost less vignette then my 50mm 1.4/f too.

If you want to make it a bit easier to do video handheld you could assemble a camera cage setup for it, usually not too expensive and you can find a handle you like.
                                willschnitz

Comment

Working...
                                X