Z3 rack into airbag S50 swapped 91 sedan questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Z3 rack into airbag S50 swapped 91 sedan questions

First of all as the title says, car a 91' E30 325 airbag sedan with an S50 swap. I plan to install a z3 1.9 rack and I'm a long time BMW/Porsche mechanic but I'm doing this for a good friend usually don't modify customers cars in this way so your experience is greatly appreciated.
    Ok, so I've been searching and reading through rack swap threads, overthinking the hell out this seemlingly simple project and I have a few questions because I need this car of the rack at my shop and driving the same day.
    1) I have a ton of play in the joints for the steering shaft so I want to order a new one. What is the best part to order that requires the least sketchy modification? Part number or car it came off of?
    2) I plan on replacing all the leaking power steering hoses and reservoir at the same time so can't I just order Z3 6 cylinder feed, pressure and return hoses since is basically the same setup as a Z3 would have? Or will I run into clearance issues? I don't mind carefully bending and modifying but prefer to keep things stock-looking and drama free.
    3) I've heard the steering feels more quick and direct with this setup but the feel is still pretty light so restrictor banjo bolt can be installed, any idea what part number I should order or what car this came off of?

Thanks in advance!
Working...
X