Occassional hard start after sitting.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Occassional hard start after sitting.

I finally have been able to drive the car now on a regular basis. Seems like there is no fuel pressure when i first try to start. If i put the key in and immediately try to start, it just cranks. However, if i turn the key to on for a sec or 2, it starts every time. New pumps and gas tank. No issues once running. Is this the fuel pressure regulator or is it something else?

I have a fpr on order, however I would like an opinion if this is it or i am missing something.
    Last edited by doctorx; 06-04-2019, 02:21 PM. Reason: department of redundancy department.

What is voltage reading on your battery?
    Current:
    '88 325ic Silver 5sp
    '17 Subaru Outback 3.6R

Past:
    '14 Rav4 EV (with tons of torque!)
    '06 325i Black 5sp
    '02 S4 Avant Black 6sp
    '00 Boxster Silver 5sp
    '98 New Bettle Yellow 5sp

Comment

last time i measured... 13.2v. Battery is 5 months old but that would not explain turning the key to on for 2 secs and it starts everytime. No problems charging.

Comment

Maybe the check valve that keeps fuel from draining back into the tank is bad? I have read that before. What year of car? i or e?

Comment

brand new pumps and tank. just put a new fpr in tonight... ill see if that helps.

Comment

started right up after setting a few hours. I didnt wait to let the pumps prime. I guess the fpr was the problem.

Comment

Working...
            X