Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Passing AZ Smog on s52 built engine 1988 e30

Hey guys,
    I am joining the community after buying my first 1988 E30 with s52 conversation.
    The car will be picked up in a month from Texas so I have some time to plan this out.

Currently no cats

What does Phoenix AZ emissions looks like of 1988 cars? I have read their gov site and my understanding is the car needs 2 cats.

Will high flow cats work? Thinking of buying 2 Magnaflow E36 M3 cats at $110/cat.

Would my car qualify as a classic? If so, does it still need smog?

Do I need O2 sensors and obd2 working?

Thank you in advance!

If you know anybody that doesn't live in Phoenix or Tucson try registering it there. Phoenix and Tucson are the only two places that have smog laws. Everywhere else in Arizona doesn't have any smog laws. When I lived in Southern California I drove to Bullhead City, Arizona to register my car using my Uncles address out there so I didn't have to get the car smogged in California.

Comment

Originally posted by Luke Girard View Post
      If you know anybody that doesn't live in Phoenix or Tucson try registering it there. Phoenix and Tucson are the only two places that have smog laws. Everywhere else in Arizona doesn't have any smog laws. When I lived in Southern California I drove to Bullhead City, Arizona to register my car using my Uncles address out there so I didn't have to get the car smogged in California.

So I ended up registering it in Phoenix but bought Classic Insurance and the car is over 30 yrs old (or whatever the cut off is)

So classic plates and no need to pass smog ever:devil:

Comment

but your probably limited mileage ^

Comment

Working...
        X