No announcement yet.

Gnarly accident - M5 wrapped around poll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

talked to a kid at bimmerfest who knew 1 of the dudes and he was known to go 130 to show off

Please leave feedback below, thanks

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=358170

Comment

130? That is literally the top of 3rd gear in this car. Still have four to go.

E30 ABS Pump Refurbishment Service
      https://mtechniqueauto.com/

Comment

True, but hitting the pole at 130 would explain the carnage & it's a bit crazy on public roads.
        My e30: OEM+ with M30B35

Comment

'tis but a scratch

Comment

Originally posted by lukeADE335i View Post
            True, but hitting the pole at 130 would explain the carnage & it's a bit crazy on public roads.
            Yeah. I made my son read this thread, he is building a 2.7i for his car, and I lean on him constantly. Do not race on public roads.

We all did it when we were young. I damn near blew up my dads e28, I topped out my e30 back in the late ‘90’s. Going 130 isn’t that big a deal on the right roads if you understand physics. If you sneeze at any faster than that then you’re dead. A twitch and a counter action, game over.

I love seeing people posting on social media “no racing on public roads”. There are some good kids out there. I hate seeing people die on the roads but I hate even more thinking about what could happen to innocent others. If they didn’t hit that pole and plowed into a family of parent and children I would really have a tougher time with it. Hell, I watch big trucks driving like hell on 2 lane roads around here and think “damn, I’m glad my wife is at work right now”.
            My son has the 1987 325e, 2 door, 5speed
            I daily the 1989 325i, 4 door, 5speed

Comment

Working...
            X