Nonsense Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CMBusch View Post
    Hahaha yeah I made 3 copies immediately. Still haven't gotten around to changing the door locks.
    I got the whole set so I might. Depends on effort involved.
    88 325i Cabrio
    04 Neon SRT-4

Originally posted by MrBurgundy
    If R3v was a dude, it would pick up a tinder date naked, with a raging boner, drunk, in an e30 with a shitty interior, a missing sunroof panel, explaining how its a classic while staring at the tinder date's tits.

Comment

My month in car expenses has been ruthless and I cant help by want to get rid of my E30 and get something else for a while.
      Simon
      Current Cars:
      -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
        My month in car expenses has been ruthless and I cant help by want to get rid of my E30 and get something else for a while.
        I've thought about getting rid of both the E30 and Neon and doing something stupid like importing an R32, but eh. E30 wouldn't sell for shit in its current condition and I JUST paid for a motor and A/C on the Neon.
        88 325i Cabrio
        04 Neon SRT-4

Originally posted by MrBurgundy
        If R3v was a dude, it would pick up a tinder date naked, with a raging boner, drunk, in an e30 with a shitty interior, a missing sunroof panel, explaining how its a classic while staring at the tinder date's tits.

Comment

For the Windows10 password issue, I used a linux distro, Ubuntu in this case, and made a live CD. Then I would boot to the live CD, run ubuntu, and then go through the file structure that windows had created. I would then replace the password with one that I wanted and then booted back into windows and used the new password.

Now, I did this on Win7 and XP machines. Not sure if this would still work on win10. A quick google search should be able to help ya.
          Edit: found a couple:
          https://www.howtogeek.com/howto/1436...buntu-live-cd/
          https://www.ubuntupit.com/how-to-res...linux-live-cd/

for win10
          https://www.top-password.com/knowled...th-ubuntu.html

I'm going on day #2 of being sick...diarrhea, a mild fever yesterday, headaches. No muscle aches so I dont think it's the flu but man this sucks. What's worse is I woke up this morning feeling great! Then as the day went on...ugh...My manager told me to work from home as I was gonna come in. Glad I didn't. Been visiting "el Juan" a lot...
          1990 325is
          m52b28
          3.73lsd
          g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

Comment

Here is a quick question.

When you get a job and negotiate an annual salary, do you take that as total annual salary divided by 52 weeks equals weekly earnings? So it should be the same every week if paid weekly?
            Originally posted by codyep3
            I hope to Christ you have looks going for you, because you sure as fuck don't have any intelligence.
            2001 silver/Blk 325 cabby. SOLD
            1988 Blk/Blk e30 factory wide body kit car SOLD
            1992 DS/BLK 325 m-tech II apperance pack cabby SOLD!
            2002 325xit Sil/blk. SOLD
            2012 328i xdrive touring. Wht/blk. SOLD
            2009 135 cabby. monacoblue/blk leather SOLD
            2007 Z4m coupe. Silver grey/black/ aluminum. 1of50
            2010 F650gs twin
            2016 M235i cabby. Mineral grey/Red leather

Comment

Originally posted by TeXJ View Post
              For the Windows10 password issue, I used a linux distro, Ubuntu in this case, and made a live CD. Then I would boot to the live CD, run ubuntu, and then go through the file structure that windows had created. I would then replace the password with one that I wanted and then booted back into windows and used the new password.

Now, I did this on Win7 and XP machines. Not sure if this would still work on win10. A quick google search should be able to help ya.
              Edit: found a couple:

If you lost the Windows login password, reinstalling the system is not the best options rather learn how to reset Windows login password using Ubuntu.

for win10

I'm going on day #2 of being sick...diarrhea, a mild fever yesterday, headaches. No muscle aches so I dont think it's the flu but man this sucks. What's worse is I woke up this morning feeling great! Then as the day went on...ugh...My manager told me to work from home as I was gonna come in. Glad I didn't. Been visiting "el Juan" a lot...

damn that seems like a wide open security risk that m$ would have fixed AGES ago... but wtf do i know...

having the flu is the shits. sorry to hear. hydrate.
              Current flame: E30 318iS Alpinweiss II slicktop / LSD - Joanne
              The old man: 1970 2002 Polaris(ish) slicktop / rat rod - Wallace
              The ex: E92 335i 6MT M-Sport - Betty
              The heavy: 2001 4Runner SR5 Sport (3rd Gen) - Fred

Comment

Originally posted by Todd Black 88 View Post
                Here is a quick question.

When you get a job and negotiate an annual salary, do you take that as total annual salary divided by 52 weeks equals weekly earnings? So it should be the same every week if paid weekly?
                yes
                If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

Comment

Originally posted by supermansocks95 View Post
                  I got the whole set so I might. Depends on effort involved.
                  Any auto parts store should be able to cut a new one for you. It'll be physically longer, but it'll work. If you bring in a BMW blank and you don't have an idiot helping you, it should be ok.

Lol RBs are stupid expensive to own/maintain/upgrade but I would also be first in line to take the plunge at some point.

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                  Cars suck and are expensive regardless. what would you want to get?
                  Originally posted by Melon
                  Engine work takes patience and finesse.

Suspension work takes anger, a big fucking hammer, and a torch.

Comment

Cars suck and are expensive regardless.
                    What?

Comment

Cars suck and are expensive regardless. ?
                      Huh..... you should try dealing with houses, if you think cars are expensive. Even my landcruiser is cheap compared to the house
                      Originally posted by Fusion
                      If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                      The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                      William Pitt-

Comment

Are your monthly expenses due to general running costs(i.e. fuel, insurance, etc.), or are they because things keep breaking?

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
                        Huh..... you should try dealing with houses, if you think cars are expensive. Even my landcruiser is cheap compared to the house
                        Yeah yeah I know, I don't own a house but I've been hands on enough to know how much everything adds up. But buying another car isn't gonna stop you from dumping money into it.

Edit: My point is that cars are gonna break regardless of what it is, and they're gonna take your money. I guess you can either accept that or buy an econo box with a warranty.
                        Last edited by CMBusch; 02-08-2019, 10:05 AM.

Comment

I suspect that nearly 100% of this forum embraces spending money on cars, and probably even enjoys it in some twisted way.

Comment

Yeah, I do too. It's a bit masochistic but I'd rather drain my bank account buying parts I don't need for a car I don't need to drive to places I don't have to go rather than pretending to be a baller at "da club".
                            I just don't see how buying another car would lower his expenses.

Comment

When I don't spend money on my e30 for long periods, I feel sad.
                              Spending time and $ on it gives me purpose in life, and makes me feel fulfilled, like I've actually accomplished something with my life.

I suppose this is what ppl. with children and houses feel like.
                              Last edited by Stanley Rockafella; 02-08-2019, 10:42 AM.
                              If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

Comment

My car spending has subsided...for now. Mostly because I'm always spending $100 here and $300 there for random, fairly minor house stuff. I don't think I've left home depot without dropping $100 in the past 3 years.

That said, based on comps, my house is worth 22% more than what I paid in October of 2015. So at least I've got that going for me, which is nice.

PS. It's Friday and in ~5 hours I'm going to be seated at a nice bar. Cheers boyz.

Current Car: 2011 BMW 135i, M-Sport, 6 speed

Originally posted by lambo
                                Sounds like you need a massage.
                                Originally posted by kpeng
                                Who the hell is Vlad?

Comment

Working...
                                X