No announcement yet.

Tinnitus sucks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bumping this as a reminder to protect your hearing! It still seems like hearing loss isn't something that is talked about enough. I always cringe at those "sorry headphone users" joke warnings in car videos that have a loud exhaust - it's not funny, there are many people who damage their hearing from being around loud exhausts, and honestly videos that have loud exhausts in them actually hurt my ears if I don't quickly turn the volume down. Be careful listening to music too loud with headphones (hearing loss is a rising problem in kids because of this), ALWAYS wear your hearing protection if you work in loud environment. You're not proving to anybody how tough you are if you think you can handle loudness, all you're doing is being a dumbass. This shit changed my life and every day I wish I could go back and restore my hearing. Fortunately there are periods when things feel somewhat normal again but the effects are always there. If somebody offered me a billion dollars or full hearing again, I'd choose to have my hearing restored every fucking time. I'll get the billion some other way. Regardless, I'm still very thankful because I know some people have it much worse than I do. Be smart everybody.
    My Feedback

Comment

Tinnitus is not curable. If someone affected with these so it not remove in your whole life, it affects our ear for our unawareness about the sound like car sounds, horns, loud wind, and also for the other loud noises. Earplug something noise-canceling is one of the best choices for this I think.

Comment

Tinnitus isn't actually curable. The comment on top of mine is correct. I have a mild case of tinnitus and hyperacusis(noise sensitivity)and what I do is use earplugs whenever it's a bit too loud for me. I got mine from off-roading with my bike every weekend for almost a decade now.

Comment

i also have this and like others you will get used to it and ignore it.
          you will notice if you really want to notice but mostly you will ignore it.

i have very loud tinnitus
          Places where i get reminded
          when i try to listen to something.
          like a rustling in the bushes when hiking or footsteps downstairs when i know nobody is home.
          or right now, trying to listen on what my tinnitus sounds like and it sounds like when a bomb explodes next to a guy in the movies and there's that white noise thing. Yup it's pretty darn accurate, all the time.
          but you ignore it without even thinking about it. Cover your ears, just tried this, ya it's pretty loud. right more than left.

it is permanent and you need noise canceling hearing aids to help.

Comment

My tinnitus always gets worse after I eat a big meal or drink pop or coffee. If I literally just don't eat for a day and avoid loud environments it calms down, but it's still there. My main thing now is that I've got a bad case of hyperacusis. I cannot stand loud noises whatsoever, or even the beeping of a microwave, slamming a door shut, dropping a wrench, a screeching baby, etc. It can be frustrating trying to listen to somebody talk in a busy restaurant because all the extra noise is deafening and by the time we leave my ears are ringing bad.
            My Feedback

Comment

Mine has been much better lately (I almost forgot about it for a couple weeks), and then this fucking piece of shit that works down the street, bought some fucking ridiculous Cadillac CTS (something or other) with zero exhaust (open headers) and goes flying up and down my street all day long at redline. Been much more prominent again since then. So fucking irritating.

I have significant hearing loss in my right ear and my left is okay. I rely heavily on reading lips (something my mentor taught me many years ago) when I'm anywhere that's out and about or in a crowded place.

Hindsight is 20/20. Wish I would have worn hearing protection more often in my younger years and turned my music down. Such is life. All we can do is protect the remaining hearing we have.
              '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Mine only comes around when I ride my bike on the weekends so I guess my condition is milder. I was too naive when I was younger that I just ride sometimes even without a helmet. I now use this earplug. https://www.bigearinc.com/product/fi...in-all-states/ It's a bit pricey but it somehow works.

Comment

Working...
                X