No announcement yet.

Koni yellows installation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I dug out my OEM plugs for my car last night and they do hit the adjusters but only just. The go in far enough to hold them quite snugly. I reckon they would be fine to use if i didn't have the red ones. These are the smaller strut tops though, same as the guy had in the link posted about the socket not fitting, so none of this helps your original question. I didnt have any problems with the koni supplied nuts or anything though. I just have regular sockets....

As you can see mine are quite cracked and on their last legs, im saving for some camber tops...
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by e30davie View Post
      I dug out my OEM plugs for my car last night and they do hit the adjusters but only just. The go in far enough to hold them quite snugly. I reckon they would be fine to use if i didn't have the red ones. These are the smaller strut tops though, same as the guy had in the link posted about the socket not fitting, so none of this helps your original question. I didnt have any problems with the koni supplied nuts or anything though. I just have regular sockets....

As you can see mine are quite cracked and on their last legs, im saving for some camber tops...

Your strut top plates look different from OEM and seem to be taller in the area where that cup goes. OEM (look at my pic above) don’t have enough height

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

They do have an OEM part number stamped into them as you can see with the bmw logo. 1125176 is the part number. So who knows. its a 1985 bmw 323i with mtech suspension if it makes any difference.

Comment

Working...
        X