Sparco harness Bar install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I meant with a 4pt bar.

As in 4pt harness, 4pt roll bar and fixed back seats.
    Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
    Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
    One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Originally posted by z31maniac View Post
      I meant with a 4pt bar.

As in 4pt harness, 4pt roll bar and fixed back seats.
      the idea of stripping down the interior before and after every auto-x/hpde would get old.

Ya lost me. You're talking about NOT stripping the interior, then you're talking about installing a roll bar, fixed seat, & harness.

I guess that harness would work, but I don't see why you wouldn't just get a real 5 or 6 point.

EDIT: I think I understand what you're trying to say. You want to keep the roll bar, seat, and harness in the car full time, and want something safe for the street and track? amirite?
      Last edited by JGood; 12-12-2008, 09:43 AM.
      85 325e m60b44 6 speed / 89 535i
      e30 restoration and V8 swap
      24 Hours of Lemons e30 build

Comment

^Yes, you got it with the edit. I was typing it from my iPhone then just decided to get on the computer here.

Yeah, the 4pt would be much more streetable and with a push button release, I keep my sport seat pretty upright so I bet a quality fixed back wouldn't be too uncomfortable for me.

Pulling the entire interior all the time would get old and add unnecessary wear and tear.
        Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
        Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
        One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Yeah, the 4pt would be much more streetable and with a push button release
          I don't really think it's any more 'streetable' then my 6 point camlock harness. The anti-sub belts on my 6 point share a latch, it takes about .4 seconds to attach it.

Pulling the entire interior all the time would get old and add unnecessary wear and tear.
          Yeah, not to mention just getting the roll bar in or out is 1+ hour job (if you have someone to help you, if not it could take all damn day).

I would obviously recommend a weld in bar, but since mine isn't even a weld in I can't say too much...

Comment

Originally posted by JGood View Post
            I don't really think it's any more 'streetable' then my 6 point camlock harness. The anti-sub belts on my 6 point share a latch, it takes about .4 seconds to attach it.

Yeah, not to mention just getting the roll bar in or out is 1+ hour job (if you have someone to help you, if not it could take all damn day).

I would obviously recommend a weld in bar, but since mine isn't even a weld in I can't say too much...
            weld-in is obviously better but i left mine bolt-in for now because my car will be getting a full cage sometime in 2009 (probably in the fall), so I'd rather not weld the rollcage in and have to undo it.
            '12 F30 328i Sport Line
            '91 SpecE30 #523
            '00 Ford F-350 Dually Tow Vehicle

BMWCCA #360858 NASA #

Comment

Originally posted by kishg View Post
              weld-in is obviously better but i left mine bolt-in for now because my car will be getting a full cage sometime in 2009 (probably in the fall), so I'd rather not weld the rollcage in and have to undo it.
              Same reason here. I'm not happy enough with my mine to leave it and build off of, so I'm going to remove and start from scratch with a cage as soon as the funds are there.

Comment

How do you guys feel about the 4 point Schroth Harnesses with ASM?
                Do what you want. If you cripple yourself, I'll just say "I told ya so"

Comment

Was there a reason why 4-point harnesses were banned from Motorsport 18 years ago? Hmmm. Submarining maybe. And Schroth little ASM gizmo won't keep your body from destroying itself under the lapbelt.
                  Last edited by Massive Lee; 12-12-2008, 01:19 PM.
                  Brake harder. Go faster. No shit.

massivebrakes.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Massiv...78417442267056

Comment

The Schroth Rallye belts work pretty well. (street)

The ASM (Anti Submarine) feature is simple and elegant. No worse than the OE belt.

They have been well tested and DOT says they're cool.

Comment

Originally posted by DCColegrove View Post
                      They have been well tested and DOT says they're cool.
                      DOT says the're cool but if DOT helmets are not approved at track events, I wonder what to make from their testing on a restraint system. DOT headlamps also are approved, but damn do they suck.
                      Brake harder. Go faster. No shit.

massivebrakes.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Massiv...78417442267056

Comment

Originally posted by Massive Lee View Post
                        DOT says the're cool but if DOT helmets are not approved at track events, I wonder what to make from their testing on a restraint system. DOT headlamps also are approved, but damn do they suck.
                        Yes... You have a point there...

But wouldn't you agree that the Schroth Rallye harnesses are better than the 3 point OE for street use?

Comment

Based on real world test data that I'm sure is out there on 3 point factory belts.....I'd probably take my factory belts in a street collision/street car.
                          sigpic

88 325is

Comment

Originally posted by DCColegrove View Post
                            Yes... You have a point there...

But wouldn't you agree that the Schroth Rallye harnesses are better than the 3 point OE for street use?

With or without roll over protection? And then of course you'd need the helmet, etc...

It boggles my mind how people can't comprehend that these things work together...

Comment

Originally posted by DSP74 View Post
                              Based on real world test data that I'm sure is out there on 3 point factory belts.....I'd probably take my factory belts in a street collision/street car.

Exactly.

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HR_FhuSEaU8&NR=1 ASM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CS6wo...eature=related vs 3 Point

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHbwvYqq22s W/SRS

Just for grins
                                Last edited by DCColegrove; 12-12-2008, 03:08 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X