No announcement yet.

E30-LS1 KITS now available!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So can anyone give us an update whats going on with this kit? Current cost and lead time?
    Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

1987 Delphin 325IS
    LS1•TSP 228r• condor speed shop solid subframe, diff, fcab, mounts•Airlift air ride suspension•e36 ps rack•Eibach sways•16" Spal puller•bbk 310mm front & rear•17" BBS RS•
    Build Thread
    1993 alpine 2 325IC
    •Ground control coilovers•16" BBS RS• momo woodgrain

Comment

Call Garret at 206-218-3839

See the E30-LS1 smoke an M3 at the Maryhill rally:

E30-LS1 aka. 357is
      email us to pick up our LS1 swap guide
      E30-LS1 KITS now available!!
      E30LS1@gmail.com
      e30ls1.com

Comment

Nice video! All i need now is a kit!
        sigpic

Comment

A "Call Garret" reply is imminent.

Am I the only one who thinks that using a forum thread like an ad in a magazine just sucks. Either be involved or don't. my $0.02.
          Build : Das Drehmoment Ungeheuer

Comment

Who reads magazines anymore?

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by GotCone? View Post
              A "Call Garret" reply is imminent.

Am I the only one who thinks that using a forum thread like an ad in a magazine just sucks. Either be involved or don't. my $0.02.
              The "call garret" reply is because I let my dad post on my account. I know I should make him his own, but whatever. Additionally, I don't see what the point of having or posting in a car forum is if it's not to share knowledge, exchange parts, etc, which is exactly what we're doing. We put together the guide on how to do this and make kits for the benefit of the community. We literally do this in our garage, it's not like we're some company or even a shop....how else would anyone know they can do this as well if we didn't respond to posts about it when people are interested...

Regardless, I'm sorry we've somehow been annoying to you.

So this post isn't totally void of relevant substance, if anyone is curious we are ordering our 3rd run of kits from our laser cutter. This round will be 20 kits because we've had a lot of interest of late. We currently have approximately 5 confirmed orders. Expected shipping date is mid October and will be on a first come first served basis.

-Garret
              Last edited by garretvs; 09-06-2012, 10:39 AM.
              E30-LS1 aka. 357is
              E30LS1@gmail.com
              e30ls1.com

Comment

PMd
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by garretvs View Post
                  The "call garret" reply is because I let my dad post on my account. I know I should make him his own, but whatever. Additionally, I don't see what the point of having or posting in a car forum is if it's not to share knowledge, exchange parts, etc, which is exactly what we're doing. We put together the guide on how to do this and make kits for the benefit of the community. We literally do this in our garage, it's not like we're some company or even a shop....how else would anyone know they can do this as well if we didn't respond to posts about it when people are interested...

Regardless, I'm sorry we've somehow been annoying to you.

So this post isn't totally void of relevant substance, if anyone is curious we are ordering our 3rd run of kits from our laser cutter. This round will be 20 kits because we've had a lot of interest of late. We currently have approximately 5 confirmed orders. Expected shipping date is mid October and will be on a first come first served basis.

-Garret
                  Word.

Do you think you would ever consider creating a LSx kit for the E28 or E39 in the near future?
                  1989 US E30 Cammed S52
                  Under Construction: 1983 Euro E28 Cammed LQ9/LS3 Heads/Jakeb E28 LSx Kit

Comment

Originally posted by ACHTUNG View Post
                    Word.

Do you think you would ever consider creating a LSx kit for the E28 or E39 in the near future?
                    We're in the planning stages of what our next swap will be. The E39 is a definite option (touring perhaps...?) but we also think an E38 with a screaming supercharger or some turbos under the hood would be the ultimate mob boss getaway car. Soon. Very soon. Candidates are being looked for as we speak.

-Garret
                    E30-LS1 aka. 357is
                    E30LS1@gmail.com
                    e30ls1.com

Comment

Originally posted by garretvs View Post
                      We're in the planning stages of what our next swap will be. The E39 is a definite option (touring perhaps...?) but we also think an E38 with a screaming supercharger or some turbos under the hood would be the ultimate mob boss getaway car. Soon. Very soon. Candidates are being looked for as we speak.

-Garret
                      There are more people with E39's ;)
                      1989 US E30 Cammed S52
                      Under Construction: 1983 Euro E28 Cammed LQ9/LS3 Heads/Jakeb E28 LSx Kit

Comment

Eager engine swappers: We just put in for 10 more sets of laser-cut parts and spent $500 on rod ends, hardware, bushings, etc!! We should begin shipping in later October.

Call Garret at 206-218-3839
                        E30-LS1 aka. 357is
                        E30LS1@gmail.com
                        e30ls1.com

Comment

how much power does the ls1 put down to the crank? whp?
                          -1986 S50Turbo Sedan (475WHP/417WTQ) Castromotorsport Built (Sold)
                          -1987 Coupe (17x10.5"/17x14")
                          Castromotorsport / Buddha_Concept_designs Built *UnderConstruction*

Follow me on Instagram: obes_sebo
                          For more updates:)
                          Purchase FeedBack http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=278838

Comment

Originally posted by obes View Post
                            how much power does the ls1 put down to the crank? whp?
                            As much as you want... Seriously.

The 5.3 truck engines are rated at 280-290 HP at the crank. A cam, tune and valvesprings gets you 350 at the crank.

The aluminum 5.7's are 350 HP (even though the Camarobirds were rated at 315) and put 290ish to the ground.

LS3's (aluminum 6.2) are rated at 430 at the crank and put 360ish to the ground.

LS7's (7 litre from a ZO6 Vette) are rated at 500 at the crank, put 430ish to the wheels and can push 560 to the wheels with cam, headers, tune and bolt-on mods.

And those numbers are with factory short blocks... Built shortblocks and higher compression will yield better results.

If you don't mind using an iron block and adding weight to the car, you can top 1000 HP *EASILY* with boost.
                            Read this: http://www.hotrod.com/techarticles/h...g_bang_theory/

Cliff notes: Stock pistons, crank and rods in a junkyard 5.3 go 1200 HP at 26 psi before blowing out the stock ignition; no hard part failures. Surprise ending: Junkyard 5.3 is really a 4.8.

Comment

holy moly
                              thanks for the info..might be considering this..

damn..talk about instant power.
                              -1986 S50Turbo Sedan (475WHP/417WTQ) Castromotorsport Built (Sold)
                              -1987 Coupe (17x10.5"/17x14")
                              Castromotorsport / Buddha_Concept_designs Built *UnderConstruction*

Follow me on Instagram: obes_sebo
                              For more updates:)
                              Purchase FeedBack http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=278838

Comment

Ain't no replacement for displacement. The LS1 puts out more than 300lbft of torque at 1800 rpm ........... and winds up more from there ............ just say'n
                                E30-LS1 aka. 357is
                                E30LS1@gmail.com
                                e30ls1.com

Comment

Working...
                                X