R3v Wristwatch Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cale View Post
    Research your purchases and you'll be able to get something that will depreciate very little. I buy almost everything I have second hand and can likely flip half of them at a decent profit.
    Second the research part. Also, there are a large number of small companies building unique, inexpensive designs that, while they come with cheap mechanical or mecha-quartz movements (seiko), or full on quartz movements, can be had for very good prices. I've just ordered this:

I like the design, it isn't super flashy, and the best part was the price, only $165. They have some other cool designs too. www.rouewatch.com

Higher price points I've had my eyes on are Nezumi Studios 'Loews' Design

and even more expensive, but still cool automotive inspired: Autodromo's Group B Evolutione

Comment

If your going "entry level" to very nice you can stick with seiko, But look at the international catalog Seiko is all in house movements, tough, reliable, accurate and run the gamut from 150 buck to 10000 bucks, and the Grand Seiko's are as high quality, durable, every day, heirloom watches to pass to your kids as ANY rolex, omega IWC, etc....

That Nezumi looks more like the Seiko 6138's of the 1970's

I think I am going to thin out my watch box here fairly soon, nothing really great just some stuff I dont wear at at all anymore
      Originally posted by Fusion
      If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
      The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
      William Pitt-

Comment

This is a change for me, I traded to make room for an incoming piece. 3 black dialed watches was a little much, so traded my Sub for a 40mm Explorer II. Nice to have a date window...

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
          If your going "entry level" to very nice you can stick with seiko, But look at the international catalog Seiko is all in house movements, tough, reliable, accurate and run the gamut from 150 buck to 10000 bucks, and the Grand Seiko's are as high quality, durable, every day, heirloom watches to pass to your kids as ANY rolex, omega IWC, etc....

That Nezumi looks more like the Seiko 6138's of the 1970's

I think I am going to thin out my watch box here fairly soon, nothing really great just some stuff I dont wear at at all anymore
          I'd be curious to know what you're looking to clear out.

PM me, just for sh*ts :)

Current Car: 2011 BMW 135i, M-Sport, 6 speed

Originally posted by lambo
          Sounds like you need a massage.
          Originally posted by kpeng
          Who the hell is Vlad?

Comment

^^ +1
            Continuous For Sale Thread
            323i s50

Comment

Anyone selling an Omega Speedmaster? Or any Chronos?
              Attached Files
              ~ Puch Cafe. ~ Do business? feedback ~ Check out my leather company ~

Instagram: @BWeissLeather

Current cars:
              ~ '87 325 M30B35 swap
              ~ '87 535
              ~ 01 540 Msport 6spd
              ~ '06 X5 4.8is

Comment

Originally posted by F34R View Post
                Anyone selling an Omega Speedmaster? Or any Chronos?
                I'm in the process of trying to unload my Omega Speedmaster Triple Date:

Comment

Originally posted by Johnnyboy101 View Post
                  I'm in the process of trying to unload my Omega Speedmaster Triple Date:

Might be a bit new for my taste but send me a PM with details and pricing.
                  ~ Puch Cafe. ~ Do business? feedback ~ Check out my leather company ~

Instagram: @BWeissLeather

Current cars:
                  ~ '87 325 M30B35 swap
                  ~ '87 535
                  ~ 01 540 Msport 6spd
                  ~ '06 X5 4.8is

Comment

I too have been on a quest for an older Speedmaster/chrono.

Ebay is a mixed bag of beautiful and bullshit.

Who the hell is Vlad?

Comment

Truer words have never been spoken

Originally posted by Joe G View Post

Comment

Watchrecon will help you guys. They accumulate all the popular websites for sourcing used watches into an easy to use search site.

Comment

^thanks for the tip.

-she

Who the hell is Vlad?

Comment

Originally posted by Joe G View Post
                            I too have been on a quest for an older Speedmaster/chrono.

Theres a seller called Elady I think that sells out of Japan that normally has some solid Speedmasters. She seems to get a lot of Speedmaster Reduced and Racings though. I guess Speedy Pros were not as popular in Asia as here. But according to a bunch of guys on WatchUseek she is a reliable seller.
                            88 325is Five Speed
                            Lachssilber

Comment

^

I kinda like the racing's but if your getting your 1st speedmaster then a moon watch is a way too go....
                              Originally posted by Fusion
                              If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                              The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                              William Pitt-

Comment

Can confirm, spend the extra dough and get the original hesalite moonwatch. I couldn't rationalize the extra $1500ish back in the day to get the watch I really wanted, so I got a date. It's not the same watch, I was never satisfied. Now 7 years later I finally got what I wanted, but the price had gone up significantly. Fortunately you can still pickup a 3570.50 for a reasonable price, without the obnoxious "suitcase".

Comment

Working...
                                X