No announcement yet.

CM5908/5907 Plug-n-Play Bluetooth upgrade board

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If this is still hapening, I'm interested. Hopefully it will be as easy as possible to install it for people like me with 0 electronics skill.

Comment

In for one as well!

Comment

In. Please let me know when funds are necessary.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Comment

OP please update with something... :yawn:
          Build Thread
          https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=419655
          Parts Thread
          https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=408302

Comment

I chatted with him this week. He’s shooting for March 10 availability. I’m sure he’ll post something shortly, so hang in there
            I BUY/SELL REFURBISHED CM5907s & CM5908s

HOWTOs:
            DB vert plastic bumpers
            OEM Keys
            MTech1 docs

88 ix Lach/Card
            91 ic Calypso 3.1
            86 Cosmo 2.7

OEM+ or bust!

reelizmpro: I will always be an e30 guy.. I still do all of my own labor
            TrentW: There's just something so right about a well-built M20 in an E30
            e30m3s54turbo: I save my money for tuner parts.

Comment

Originally posted by bradnic View Post
              I chatted with him this week. He’s shooting for March 10 availability. I’m sure he’ll post something shortly, so hang in there
              Thanks for posting that, I have no patience anymore... I put the Cm5098 in my iX just for this. That was a long time ago. Wouldnt suck so much if my 200-mile commute wasn't through mountains where the reception is little to none.

If it isn't available by March 10th I'll probably just put myself into an insane asylum.
              Last edited by Chrisbike; 02-17-2018, 02:24 PM.
              Build Thread
              https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=419655
              Parts Thread
              https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=408302

Comment

Originally posted by bradnic View Post
                So much want

Comment

Another customer here!
                  89 325ix coupe Diamondschwartz
                  1994 Mazda Miata

Comment

I'm interested as well, cm5907.
                    Last edited by K0nArtist; 02-20-2018, 09:14 PM.

Comment

Ok, I have a date now when I'll be opening up orders for these!

Wednesday, March 14th

I continued on at work past when I initially thought, but this is the date it begins. So my plan is to post a thread in the "Parts for Sale" section at 6:00 PM PST, members reply to reserve one, then I'll PM those a private link to the website where they have two days to checkout.

Price will be $185+sh for the kit
                      Optional mail-in installation will be $65

I'll be bringing the website back up soon (cantalouperadio.com) and I'll also update my first post with these deets. Thanks for hanging in there!

Comment

Will I void my warranty if I open the head unit? J/K

So is this run only for the cm5908? Or is it interchangeable with the cm5905/5907?

Comment

No I want to buy a deck just to get this!
                          Originally posted by Matt-B
                          hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

Originally posted by jaysterling View Post
                            Ok, I have a date now when I'll be opening up orders for these!

Wednesday, March 14th

I continued on at work past when I initially thought, but this is the date it begins. So my plan is to post a thread in the "Parts for Sale" section at 6:00 PM PST, members reply to reserve one, then I'll PM those a private link to the website where they have two days to checkout.

Price will be $185+sh for the kit
                            Optional mail-in installation will be $65

I'll be bringing the website back up soon (cantalouperadio.com) and I'll also update my first post with these deets. Thanks for hanging in there!
                            This applies to the CM5907 as well? or just the CM5908?

Comment

Originally posted by james crivellone View Post
                              this applies to the cm5907 as well? Or just the cm5908?
                              +1

Comment

Originally posted by Paul-Z View Post
                                Will I void my warranty if I open the head unit? J/K

So is this run only for the cm5908? Or is it interchangeable with the cm5905/5907?
                                This one is only for the CM5908. The connections are there for the CM5907, but after all was said and done, the RF noise in the audio when used in a CM5907 was too high. But I'm working on the problem and the goal is to get it all sorted out before the next board production.

Support for the CM5905 isn't there because the 5905 doesn't have the radio scan feature, so it doesn't have the pushable volume knob that the BT board uses for toggling sources. There could be a solution involving reaching a finger through the cassette door and clicking a button on the board, but I don't love that, and switching to a 5907 is easy enough.

Comment

Working...
                                X