No announcement yet.

Cirrusly Blue - The Daily Driver E30... now SUPER powered

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it true that lightening/resurfacing a flywheel changes pedal engagement? I’m gonna go to that shop in a week and do that for this 2002 m20 stroker I’m building

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
      I still need to get a clutch kit, Likely an OEM Sachs.
      Get it on RockAuto. Same stuff but way cheaper. I got the Luk, but you could spend a little more for the Sachs if it makes you feel better. Either way, it's a lot cheaper than Pelican or ECS.

RockAuto ships auto parts and body parts from over 300 manufacturers to customers' doors worldwide, all at warehouse prices. Easy to use parts catalog.
      '86 Burgundrot 325 2.8 stroker.

Build thread

Other cars:
      2000 Porsche Boxster
      2006 Subaru Outback XT 5MT
      1972 Porsche 914

Comment

Originally posted by e30_world View Post
        This is cleaning up nicely
        Thanks! Im trying and very excited to throw the dream killer into the Pacific

Originally posted by E30335i View Post
        Is it true that lightening/resurfacing a flywheel changes pedal engagement? I’m gonna go to that shop in a week and do that for this 2002 m20 stroker I’m building
        Theres a step on one side and I wouldnt mess with it, just a skim on it. Theres the other side that has all the fat and thats where they took the weight off. If you look close under the teeth in the pic, you can see the difference.

Originally posted by betz View Post
        Get it on RockAuto. Same stuff but way cheaper. I got the Luk, but you could spend a little more for the Sachs if it makes you feel better. Either way, it's a lot cheaper than Pelican or ECS.

http://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/b...lutch+kit,1993
        Thanks for the link, I think ebay has good prices too. I will probably buy this all in the next month so the final step is the G260 + driveshaft... and installing
        Simon
        Current Cars:
        -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Cirrusly Blue - The Daily Driver E30

Bought a few small things. Now that I have the factory front plate setup I can look at making some front plate deletes. We’ll see what happens...

Oh yea that other piece is a Ireland Engineering’s DSSR. Just a few more pieces to go
          Simon
          Current Cars:

Comment

Got the last few parts I needed for the steering rack swap so I started the assembly process and cleaning of the “new” E36 M3 rack.

Classic daily really packed it well

Almost there…

Damn that’s dirty

That’s better

Now let’s pull out all the parts I’ve been collecting over the last six months

And my job is done here now to let Ian finish it up for me

I’m not expecting anything substantial, just want to get rid of the bus steering and get a little more response back
            Simon
            Current Cars:

Comment

Nice!

[IMG]https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/my350z.com-vbulletin/550x225/80-parkerbsig_5096690e71d912ec1addc4a84e99c374685fc03 8.jpg[/IMG

Comment

It is a significant change, youll like it!
                1984 Delphin 318i 2 door

Comment

Nice rack. ;D

Comment

It made a huge difference in how our car felt. Worth it.

Comment

Threads like these always make me desire another E30 to build over time.

Glad you got back into E30's. I may have to do the same.
                      My previous build (currently E30-less)
                      http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170390

A 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad in Inferno is my newest obsession

Comment

Originally posted by wworm View Post
                        It is a significant change, youll like it!
                        Originally posted by mike.bmw View Post
                        Nice rack. ;D
                        Originally posted by LateFan View Post
                        It made a huge difference in how our car felt. Worth it.
                        Thanks guys, Im eager to take it on some twisties to feel the difference

Originally posted by MR E30 325is View Post
                        Threads like these always make me desire another E30 to build over time.

Glad you got back into E30's. I may have to do the same.
                        I never really left E30s. Ive owned one consistently for the last 8 years.

This one is becoming almost exactly what Ive wanted. It still has a long way to go though
                        Simon
                        Current Cars:

Comment

What year m3 is it from. I have a 95 m3 in my euro car and i really like it. Some say its least desirable of the racks but for price i got it for. It works for me

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
                          1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
                          Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
                          Mtech 2 turbo restoration
                          Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

Originally posted by ThatOneEuroE30 View Post
                            What year m3 is it from. I have a 95 m3 in my euro car and i really like it. Some say its least desirable of the racks but for price i got it for. It works for me

It’s the 96-99 one 3.2 turns LTL
                            Simon
                            Current Cars:

Comment

Originally posted by ThatOneEuroE30 View Post
                              95 M3 rack is the slowest E36 rack, but it's still light years better than any E30 rack. So if you got a good price, still a nice upgrade.

Comment

Initial impressions are good. I didnt really get a chance to hit some twisties with it because I had to pick it up today on my lunch break... my two hour lunch break :rofl: Its definitely faster than the E30 rack

Im a little annoyed because it turns out I was missing the lock rings on the new tie-rods so JMP had to buy brand new tie-rods, then they had to r&r the "old" ones before they aligned it.... This alignment job cost me about 4x what I expected it to. I told them to give me my old ones back so now I have a "brand new" set of tie-rods and I just ordered the lock rings from blunt so I can sell a complete new E36 tie-rod setup and try and recoup some of that money

Rack linkage modified using Garagistics pieces

Also finally had the red46 skid plate installed too... looks like someone forgot to trim the zip tie holding the boot.... at least they put one on, they didn’t on the other side, so I have to add one ASAP

Last edited by 2mAn; 02-20-2018, 06:08 PM.
                                Simon
                                Current Cars:

Comment

Working...
                                X