No announcement yet.

Trump Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And the sad reality is that 40% of people in this country can not cover a $400 emergency expense. Blame whomever, whatever, but that's the state of the USA right now.

It sucks to work all week and these people actually do get a paystub and it says $0.00. Beyond the lack of income, the psychology of that is that it makes you very anxious & worried -- Now you have people, many in critical positions, doing their jobs worse because they are distressed and distracted. Do I want my air traffic controller distracted? Those involved with national security? etc, etc. No way, not for this.
    1990 BMW 325iC Triple Black Hard Top, Self-Wrenched, Original Owner Family

Comment

how did i know sleeve was going to start victim-blaming?
      past:
      1989 325is (learner shitbox)
      1986 325e (turbo dorito)
      1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
      1985 323i baur
      current:
      1995 M3 (suspension, 17x9/255-40, borla)

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
        Your focusing on the wrong issue. The bigger issue is why are there so many govt workers (people in general) that dont have enough savings to get through a slow period. of less than 30 days.

People are not being responsible for them selves here, to have more than $148.71 in the bank at any given time. FFS every one of these people should have at least a months worth of mandatory spending, (Housing, Food, utilities) just laying around, let alone a a decent emergency fund of 4-6 months.

Poor financial responsibility with ones salary is NOT the fault of the POTUS or the contingent of D's that are dragging this shut down on. Your also placing the fault of this on the POTUS not where it belongs, its the job of the congress to set and pass appropriations and spending, and the new leadership in the house refuse to play any kind of ball and work on a compermise either so this firmly lays in the hands of the House leadership as much as it dose in the hand of the POTUS.

A person's finances are none of your nor the government's business.

Would you be ok with being forced to work without pay or to be furloughed unable to collect unemployment and not working/being paid?

How can anyone be so tone deaf?

[IMG]https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/my350z.com-vbulletin/550x225/80-parkerbsig_5096690e71d912ec1addc4a84e99c374685fc03 8.jpg[/IMG

Comment

Originally posted by phillipj View Post
          And the sad reality is that 40% of people in this country can not cover a $400 emergency expense. Blame whomever, whatever, but that's the state of the USA right now.
          This is the very point I was making, (we have a thread on this somewhere) and the BIGGER issue that Lee is totally missing.

Decay buddy, there are not Victiums here. My employer tells me to stop coming in, and we are not paying you anymore. 1) I am going home for a few weeks, 2) I am going to start making some phone calls looking to see who is out there that may be in need of my skill set. 3) I am not going to worry about how I am going pay the heat bill, or light bill, or what I am going to eat, because I have some money saved up for such occasions. I learned a long time ago to never count on a pay check until its been in the bank for at least 14 days.

No one is stopping any of these furgloghed employees from seeking a new employer. The private sector is posting the lowest jobless numbers in decades, and there are lots of employers out there that cant fill HIGH paying positions all over the country. In fact new unemployment claims feel again last report.

Your problem with every one of these things is you look for someone to be a VICTIM of something even where there is nothing of the sort to be found, little hint this is one of those cases.
          Last edited by mrsleeve; 01-11-2019, 03:24 PM.
          Originally posted by Fusion
          If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
          The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
          William Pitt-

Comment

This is the very point I was making, (we have a thread on this somewhere) and the BIGGER issue that Lee is totally missing.

Decay buddy, there are not Victiums here. My employer tells me to stop coming in, and we are not paying you anymore. 1) I am going home for a few weeks, 2) I am going to start making some phone calls looking to see who is out there that may be in need of my skill set.

No one is stopping any of these furgloghed employees from seeking a new employer. The private sector is posting the lowest jobless numbers in decades, and there are lots of employers out there that cant fill HIGH paying positions all over the country. In fact new unemployment claims feel again last report.

Your problem with every one of these things is you look for someone to be a VICTIM of something even where there is nothing of the sort to be found, little hint this is one of those cases.
            Seems you are a prosperous person who rather than appreciating that prosperity believes everyone should also be prosperous and that if they are not they are lacking.

Empathy, get you some.

[IMG]https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/my350z.com-vbulletin/550x225/80-parkerbsig_5096690e71d912ec1addc4a84e99c374685fc03 8.jpg[/IMG

Comment

Decay buddy, there are not Victiums here. My employer tells me to stop coming in, and we are not paying you anymore. 1) I am going home for a few weeks, 2) I am going to start making some phone calls looking to see who is out there that may be in need of my skill set. 3) I am not going to worry about how I am going pay the heat bill, or light bill, or what I am going to eat, because I have some money saved up for such occasions. I learned a long time ago to never count on a pay check until its been in the bank for at least 14 days.

yeah, i'm sure my coast guard buddies share your feelings.
              past:
              1986 325e (turbo dorito)
              1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
              1985 323i baur
              current:

Comment

There you go moving the goal posts again

Enlisted is NOT and EMPLOYEE thats a different definition, and those guys should be paid, as they have no other real option to make a living until their enlistment is up.
                If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by parkerbink View Post
                  A person's finances are none of your nor the government's business.

Would you be ok with being forced to work without pay or to be furloughed unable to collect unemployment and not working/being paid?

How can anyone be so tone deaf?
                  I agree its none of my business, nor the govt business. But if your not smart enough to keep a some cash around for emergencies then dont whine about when your employer takes a nose dive and cant make pay roll. Thats called being responsible. I wrapped up a project on 10/17/2015. I went home with a request of time off till after the 1st of the year. This is reasonable at the time work was a little slow, My mother calls me a few days after thanksgiving to tell me she has stage IV lung cancer and 8 weeks to live tops. I drove to Tucson, and spent the next 4 1/2 months there, she was a hoarder and her personal affairs were mess and my brother is still wading through some her collection even now. Durring this time had 0 ZERO, ZILCH NADA for income, I could not collect UE due to not being able and available, my mothers estate was nothing but bills. After I got home, and passing on several jobs, due to my family commitments, and there was very little work for that summer season. So I took the opportunity to truly process and deal with the death of my mother and get my head on straight that drug on much longer than would have liked. My 1st day back on pay roll was 10/16/2016 365 days with out a pay check, outside of some investment dividends, we are a single income household.

We didnt lose the house, a truck, run up 50k in CC bills, you didnt hear me bitch about not getting paid for a while. We set a budget for each month and stuck to it. It included plenty of money for gas so we could go hiking or have a couple nice meals out, and pulled that amount out of savings each 1st of the month and paid all the bills and when the money was gone that was end of the "fun" for that month.

I have lived with out regular pay checks for long periods of time though out my life, in fact I have been off since the 18th of Dec. If I was forced to work with out pay, yeah I have done that too, when a former employer was restructuring their payroll and had a few glitches along the way, I went 3 weeks working 14 hour days with out a pay check. If it went much longer than 30 days I am walking out and finding a new job, and there is nothing stopping any of these Govt employees from doing that either.

I am not tone def to any of this, I have lived it, I learned theses lessons the hard way and now plan for things as best I can. I am lucky as I have had the means to be better positioned for economic adversity than most with out a 7 figure income.

Originally posted by parkerbink View Post
                  Seems you are a prosperous person who rather than appreciating that prosperity believes everyone should also be prosperous and that if they are not they are lacking.

Empathy, get you some.
                  If you and I can do it, so can anyone else. Neither of us are anything special or gifted, I think you would agree. I am sorry I just was raised to count on your self 1st and make sure you handle your business, both at work and at home.

William Pitt-

Comment

I agree its none of my business, nor the govt business. But if your not smart enough to keep a some cash around for emergencies then dont whine about when your employer takes a nose dive and cant make pay roll. Thats called being responsible. I wrapped up a project on 10/17/2015. I went home with a request of time off till after the 1st of the year. This is reasonable at the time work was a little slow, My mother calls me a few days after thanksgiving to tell me she has stage IV lung cancer and 8 weeks to live tops. I drove to Tucson, and spent the next 4 1/2 months there, she was a hoarder and her personal affairs were mess and my brother is still wading through some her collection even now. Durring this time had 0 ZERO, ZILCH NADA for income, I could not collect UE due to not being able and available, my mothers estate was nothing but bills. After I got home, and passing on several jobs, due to my family commitments, and there was very little work for that summer season. So I took the opportunity to truly process and deal with the death of my mother and get my head on straight that drug on much longer than would have liked. My 1st day back on pay roll was 10/16/2016 365 days with out a pay check, outside of some investment dividends, we are a single income household.

We didnt lose the house, a truck, run up 50k in CC bills, you didnt hear me bitch about not getting paid for a while. We set a budget for each month and stuck to it. It included plenty of money for gas so we could go hiking or have a couple nice meals out, and pulled that amount out of savings each 1st of the month and paid all the bills and when the money was gone that was end of the "fun" for that month.

I have lived with out regular pay checks for long periods of time though out my life, in fact I have been off since the 18th of Dec. If I was forced to work with out pay, yeah I have done that too, when a former employer was restructuring their payroll and had a few glitches along the way, I went 3 weeks working 14 hour days with out a pay check. If it went much longer than 30 days I am walking out and finding a new job, and there is nothing stopping any of these Govt employees from doing that either.

I am not tone def to any of this, I have lived it, I learned theses lessons the hard way and now plan for things as best I can. I am lucky as I have had the means to be better positioned for economic adversity than most with out a 7 figure income.

If you and I can do it, so can anyone else. Neither of us are anything special or gifted, I think you would agree. I am sorry I just was raised to count on your self 1st and make sure you handle your business, both at work and at home.
                    ^^ Well, you know a lot about some of these tough situations out there, in a very personal way. And you are lucky and skilled enough to get through. We lead the world in being bankrupted by medical bills... also by cost of education, student loans, etc. These kind of essential bills have increased hundreds of percents in the last decades when wages barely rose at all.

People get swimming in debt trying to keep afloat. Rent is crazy high in so many places where people want/or have to work. To survive ok it definitely takes some luck and a skillset a lot of people around us just don't have. Sure, you'd be right to say that there are way too many people in our culture that live beyond their means (I think we're constantly urged to do so from all directions), but dismissing the great majority of this on just 'not being smart enough' wouldn't be accurate.

Comment

People get swimming in debt trying to keep afloat
                      Debit is a great form of slavery for the government and businesses, and causes great rifts in families. ;-)

Just don't do it. Don't spend money you don't have. I'ts sold as necessary for Americans. It is not. Not in the slightest. You can even buy a house in cash :-D It's liberating to have no debt.

Comment

Originally posted by decay View Post
                        how did i know sleeve was going to start victim-blaming?
                        It's not an individuals responsibility to have their finances together? I get there's a level of uncertainty when it comes to these shut downs, but it's an uncertainty that any adult working for the govt should foresee as a potential. I presently work for my govt, and you can be damn sure I'm not counting on the next pay day to be able to eat.

Comment

There you go moving the goal posts again

Enlisted is NOT and EMPLOYEE thats a different definition, and those guys should be paid, as they have no other real option to make a living until their enlistment is up.
                          "should" is not a useful term when they're going to stop getting paid before the end of january, and it's not "moving the goalposts" to give more than one example of someone getting buttfucked by the shutdown.

also, CG falls under DHS, not DoD.

what about air traffic controllers? they're working for no pay right now, in violation of their union contract. pretty arguable that they're an important part of our country's infrastructure.

what about ICE and Border Patrol, the organizations that are supposed to be *catching* these "mass migrations"?
                          past:
                          1986 325e (turbo dorito)
                          1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
                          1985 323i baur
                          current:

Comment

Anyone see the walls and wheels comparison?

Subscribe to France 24 now:http://f24.my/youtubeENFRANCE 24 live news stream: all the latest news 24/7http://f24.my/YTliveENDonald Trump, US PresidentVisit o...
                            I do things.

Comment

Originally posted by Melon View Post
                              Anyone see the walls and wheels comparison?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQKrfGCd7I8
                              Oh, God.
                              You can't make this stuff up.
                              I never thought Idiocracy was that great of a movie, but it wasn't far off.

Comment

I'm not missing any issue mrSleeve. My point is vey simple and you missed it. People work. People get paid. Period. There's no other discussion. I am glad for you that you are financially successfull and could spend 6 months without pay and not getting hurt. Not everyone is in your shoes. So stop blaming the victims of Trump's shutdown. And stop blaming them for being poor. And stop always referring back to your "financial success"... It is getting very annoying because, you know (or maybe not) but there are piss poor people in Murika who work two or three jobs and still find it hard to end a month.

Brake harder. Go faster. No shit.

massivebrakes.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Massiv...78417442267056

Comment

Working...
                                X