Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This is your Favorite non-r3v Build Threads.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can't believe i didn't think post that thread, that is a fantastic build !
    Lorin

Originally posted by slammin.e28
    The M30 is God's engine.

Comment

"non-r3v build" is right! Interesting!

Comment

Originally posted by LJ851 View Post
        I can't believe i didn't think post that thread, that is a fantastic build !
        Haha, I got my email update today, and saw your post in there and thought "hey, I should post this on r3v".

Comment

this is a really cool build.

however, this guy is the worst fucking writer in the history of literary prose. i have to read his descriptions so goddamn slowly and in many cases twice just to figure out what the fuck he is trying to say. i have been through about 7 pages and i find myself completely pissed off at the 2 hours i have spent on this one so far. it just sucks! i am so interested in the content too. fuck. i sure hope english isn't his native language. says he is an engineer, so utter stupidity shouldn't be the problem here.
          sigpic
          Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
          92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
          88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
          88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
          87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
          12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

Originally posted by flyboyx View Post
            this is a really cool build.

however, this guy is the worst fucking writer in the history of literary prose. i have to read his descriptions so goddamn slowly and in many cases twice just to figure out what the fuck he is trying to say. i have been through about 7 pages and i find myself completely pissed off at the 2 hours i have spent on this one so far. it just sucks! i am so interested in the content too. fuck. i sure hope english isn't his native language. says he is an engineer, so utter stupidity shouldn't be the problem here.

Damn flyboy, you're grumpy today. It's a build thread, nobody is accusing him of being the next william shakespeare.

Interestingly, i can understand him just fine.
            Lorin

Originally posted by slammin.e28
            The M30 is God's engine.

Comment

lol. git off my lawn!
              sigpic
              Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

Comment

He's a Brit. He's speaking in local colloquial Brit-ish.

We could tweak it some until it's One Niner Niner Whiskey Tango Roger Roger and stop calling me Shirley....better?

The thing I noticed right away is that the hard core historic preservation people wouldn't let him touch or modify his old garage, but they're fine with just tearing it down? The new one is nice, but it's not "old," which is what those people are all about.

Comment

Originally posted by LateFan View Post
                  The thing I noticed right away is that the hard core historic preservation people wouldn't let him touch or modify his old garage, but they're fine with just tearing it down? The new one is nice, but it's not "old," which is what those people are all about.
                  I caught that too, and if there were a single criticism I were to make of the build, that would be it. It looks fantastic, and it fits the area beautifully, but at the end of the day, it isn't the real deal, and it doesn't quite have the same old world look, and the quirks of the original. If you were to do the same with the rest of the village, it would cease to be historic, and would simply be a bunch of new buildings built in a traditional style.

Comment

Exactly.

If you replace every piece of wood in an old boat, it isn't an old boat anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by LateFan View Post
                      Exactly.

If you replace every piece of wood in an old boat, it isn't an old boat anymore.
                      My dad always says this about his shop broom.

He's had it forever. Its had the handle replaced and the head / bristles replaced but its still the same broom!
                      Steve • Toronto
                      1991 318is • Brillantrot
                      Build Thread

Comment

if you are an Audi fan, this is probably going to be the best 43 minutes you have spent on the internet in a very long time.

i feel like this is the inspiration for Jordan Surette and the few people in the world like him.
                        sigpic
                        Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

Comment

My JDM builds

My built 2013 4Runner & 2017 Tundra.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Saw the Palo Verde tree and thought you were in my neck of the woods. I guess Vegas has them too. My allergies hate them.

Back on topic - I'm digging your Toys.
                            90 Bronzit 325is
                            16 Black Sapphire 340i M Sport

Comment

this guy is my f'ing hero! this is an entire series of vids about a very high energy guy from salt lake that completely rebuilt a wilga bush plane into something amazing.

btw: project binky is up to episode 25. he is getting close to being done
                              sigpic
                              Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by flyboyx View Post
                                if you are an Audi fan, this is probably going to be the best 43 minutes you have spent on the internet in a very long time.

i feel like this is the inspiration for Jordan Surette and the few people in the world like him.
                                Awesome video.
                                ------------------------------------------------------
                                1982 528e - Sold
                                1987 325e - Totalled
                                1990 325is - Sold
                                1997 540i6 - Sold
                                1991 325ic - Sold
                                2013 335i - Sold
                                2005 X5 - Daily
                                1991 318is - *work in progress*

Comment

Working...
                                X